1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SILENT HILL v1.3

Submitted by WKWebsite
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Contents

SILENT HILL v1.3 (Map)

1. GettingSleepy

GettingSleepy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Good:
    -Much better then I was expecting. I was expecting to see another one of those silly run threw the maze type of games with the name Silent Hill put on it. I’m glad I didn’t.
    -Love the background music, the terrain and the control panel design. Props for building such a SH like atmosphere.

The Bad:
    -The game starts out a little slow.
    -The game could use a little more of direction. I found myself often getting lost, confused, and bored because of that. Especially if you die and are sent back to a check point (w/o your items).
    -It didn’t seem like there was much though put into a combat system.
    - You shouldn't have to break down the doors to enter them, it can be very time consuming, and slows down the pace of the game.
    -At beginning of day two, you say that we 'wake up from bed', and that’s all you should say. We will find out that we are in a twisted world, and the person should be asking himself how long this nightmare will last, not the game telling him.

Bugs/Suggestions:
    -You can walk threw many doodads.
    -Map says 1.1, leaderbord says 1.0.
    -I'd say reduce the number of players that can play the game to maybe 4. That way if you play the game solo, you have 1/4 of a team, instead of 1/10.
    -No need to tell us to be under 18. Although the map contains the occasional scare, I doubt anyone will be having nightmares from a war3 mod. 8)

Overall:
    -The best part about this game is the atmosphere. The back ground music, well done terrain, and random sounds are all done well.
    -There almost seems to be no story to the game, just random stuff happening in a twisted world. I guess some people don’t mind this, but I think it would make the game a little more enjoyable to have more of a plot.
    -For the combat system, give us guns of some sort, that way we can take on enemies w/o having to get damaged by them. I found myself skipping enemies in most cases so that I could save my heal potions.
    -Maybe add a few more cinematic, or clues of some sort to tell us where to go and what to do next so that we’re not running around in circles so much.
    -And of course, keep up the good work! 8)

2. WKWebsite

WKWebsite

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks 4 ur comments.

New ver1.2 is updated, easier n bugs fixed.
    Player Hp n attack Damage is increased.
    because of my poor english, the storyline is limited.

n i hav think about the weapon system, bcoz of rushing this map i skipped it n just put some items with extra attack damage.

I will improve this map again in later version. :roll:

3. .load GOD

.load GOD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well there is plenty of people who can help you devolope a story or translate. Alot of them would do this just for a simple mention on the credits.

If you decide to get help, post around. You can contact me on AIM @ 'legendz411'
    ------Yahoo @ 'legendz4111'
    ------MSN @ 'legendz4111@hotmail.com'

4. F4talWr4th

F4talWr4th

Resources:
    Resources:
    And to think that it would be impossible to be scared in Wc3 maps, but this is one horrid package.....only problem is that the bugs that GettingSleepy said were the true horrors in the map! keep up the good work!

btw, can you make a First Person Camera? Makes it feel like your in the actual horror, i wanna modify it to your map but it's protected.

5. Phoenix_Master

Phoenix_Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    is a good map, but where is the puzzles?

6. Popular7856

Popular7856

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just want to say a thing here, your map is 1 of the best made maps here I have seen in wc3, you dont put things in the map just to fill your map, you think and make this map 1 of the greatest map ever. I recommend this to EVERYONE!! TRY IT AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN! 5/5! and you really earn this!

7. Vegeta(KsW)

Vegeta(KsW)

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi all, i downloaded this map, and it doesn't work cause of patchs...
    If you can delete this problem, that will be good for us...

Thanks

8. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    uhmm can i ask.. why this map cant work on my pc? cuz no player slots

9. Parez

Parez

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the most atmospheric horror map I've seen in Warcraft 3. Though, I mostly agree with what GettingSleepy said. The map really scares but it lacks dynamism of gameplay. I understand that some things like absence of guns are made to escalate the situation. But, in my opinion, it is possible to find even better ways to scare the player. I love this map! And hope you are not going to stop improving it. Good work!
    Btw 5/5) I would say 4.5/5 but it is closer to 5)

10. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's not working for me too. What's the version needed for this game?

11. T77df

T77df

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man. it's work for me very well. I think this map need Warcraft v1.21

Goooooood 5/5 you are best.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  12. BizzaroFukuro

BizzaroFukuro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think somewhere back in 2010 I actually made a fix for Warcraft 1.24+ for this map.
    Don't remember much, since it was so long ago, but I was quite impressed by the map and the creator didn't respond.
    Here is the fixed version: SILENT HILL v1.6 (Fixed) - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
    It seems to be playable in the Warcraft 1.30 too, but I don't know if there are any issues during the game.