• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hydralisk in War Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Well, I found that today, and asked some people, they mostly did not about that, some however, found of that very recently, so I have to remind you that there is actually Hydralisk which you can access and play with in regular WC3 mission.
According to WOWwiki

,,The Hydralisk is a hidden creature in Chapter 2 of the Night Elf Campaign, Daughters of the Moon. Tyrande Whisperwind had just been attacked by Archimonde when she used Shadowmeld to hide herself. She escaped the Doom Guards to reach safety. Along the way, she found the in-game secret of a Hydralisk hidden in the upper right corner of the map behind a layer of trees. The Hydralisk aided Tyrande in fighting past the Undead forces blocking her way. "

So, I tested out, and indeed still there is one Hydralisk there, I took screenshot
zerg10.jpg

You got ballistas there, just clean trees with t-hem, move forwart it, and you will get access to it. Hydralisk is pretty strong, damage and 700 hit points. Only, he has 0 armor, so it doesnot reduce damage. But still it is quite powerful.

Anyway, this is interesting, Hydralisk as secret unit in Night Elf mission, to fight at their side.
Why do you think that Blizzard put it into War craft (when it belongs to star craft) especially in that way at Night Elf side?

I am pretty sure that hydralisks/Zerg would be at Undeads/Demons side.
One of possible explanations can be that when Demons with Undeads invaded Night elves, somehow Hydralisks got throwed out via demonic portals in wood, and got stuck there in trees. So it fights for whoever frees it. I do not know. But thats in case if they are in Outland (borrowed straight from Star Craft).

Zergs and Hydralisks may be seen when player beat missions on hardest level in some cinematics.

Level 16
well... I have nothing to do with startcraft creature. and, by the way there is another secret in this mission.

You can use the ballista to pass the Undead camp without a fight. Go through the woods to the very right of the map and reach the night elf camp safely, without a spill of any blood!!

Level 4
Its just to cheesy when you know that the hydralisk belongs to the SC1 AND SC2 world not the WC3 world.

Last edited:
Level 18
An intresting thing about warcraft:

When you have a hero whos healing near the fountain,he heals alot faster if you have selected him and started tapping 1 on the keyboard.Most noticable in dota.Its a strange little glitch...

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
An intresting thing about warcraft:

When you have a hero whos healing near the fountain,he heals alot faster if you have selected him and started tapping 1 on the keyboard.Most noticable in dota.Its a strange little glitch...

That's not true.
Some ** started doing it, and his mind reacted the same way he thought, so in a way, he really started to think it was true. In the end, it's not true.
The therm for this is also known as Placebo Effect.
For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo#Mechanism_of_the_effect

Also, I have tried that "glitch" or whatever, and measured the time needed to heal. Those 2 times were equal, the time when I was spamming the button, and the time when I was "AFK".

EDIT: I have considered a possibility that someone might use the same effect on me, so I have put that on a test as well.
I have put my friend for that task. He doesn't even play Warcraft 3, neither does he know any glitches in it. I have made a quick test map, where a hero with 20% health is healing right next to a fountain. My friend had a stopwatch, I just told him what does he need to do, and he did as I told him. He wasn't informed of anything why am I doing it during the task, he was informed after it. More correctly, after making this post. The results are following:

In 1. measure, the time was 35.95 seconds, and in second, while raping that button, it was 36.12. The difference shouldn't even exist, but as we all know, humans can't have such good reaction timing, therefore, a small difference must exist.

So, yeah, now I have proved myself that I am not under the Placebo Effect to think that I am correct, now I am 100% sure of it. Do a test on your own if you don't believe me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Well, i don't know about you people (but i think most of you know by now lol), if you load the credits map in WE and check the triggers,you will see a starcraft cinematic there,but the trigger is disabled,so i enabled it and loaded the map

{edit} here

Level 14
How do i get to the credits map to look at the triggers,
I have seend this before, when i finished the Night Elf Campaign (Roc) on hard, the last cinematic was this. So i think Blizzard just wanted to make Satrcraft more famous.

Most likely,blizz made an sc advertisement on warcraft 2 before

P.S. looks like beating campaign in hard enables the trigger,but how? can anyone do it on a custom campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.