• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I also would say The Chosen Ones, even though i only got about halfway through it.

Reactions: Rui
Level 4
There are like 107 user made campaigns (least that's how many campaigns are uploaded here.)

I'd have to rate Turnro's Campaigns as the best, or at least at the top of the list somewhere.

Turnro - Jeopardy for the Horde, Resurrection of the Scourge, The Adventures of Rowan the Wise

Other well made campaigns are

OutsiderXE - Lord of the Clans (only downside is that annoying pig catching minigame), The Last Guardian, Day of the Dragon

Darky27 - Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen

Deicide - The Coming Of The Horde

There are many other great ones... but these ones are my favorite campaigns.

Reactions: Rui
Level 48
Hoof of Honor then One Orcs Saga and HOG

Oh god, totally forgot about HoH!

OutsiderXE's campaigns for sure! :)

Forgot about those as well! D:

Yeah, uh, I'm changing my decision. It's HoH, OutsiderXE's campaigns(asides from the Medivh one. That one sucked because of the camera, never bothered to finish it.), and the 2P Campaign. Dwarf Campaign and Joe's Quest GOLD were also great. I recall playing one more great campaign, which I believe was set in WC1 or WC2, and I really liked it, but I don't remember it's name.

Level 14
I'd have to say The Chosen Ones by Aeroblyctos is my favorite. I also liked the Dwarven Campaign just because it was one of the first ones I played that was totally different from the regular WC3 campaign

Level 18
Well, I'm generally a huge fan of custom campaigns.
My absolute favourite is To The Bitter End for its awesome gameplay, in-depth universe and epic story.
I also enjoyed Wanderers of Sorceria, mainly for its story, the gameplay there was rather mediocre in my opinion. Others include Shards of the Raiders, LOTR: War of the Rings and parts of the Joe's Quest series. (Mordork's Quest is my favourite.)

Level 12
No one played and liked the Dreamlord series ? Or Ogre Bob's campaign with the Satyr ?

Every Campaign I've played inspired me with something.
I recommend you play most of them.

I forgot about dreamlord!

That was a good one. I played that a long time ago. I only played the first one though, not the sequel.

Level 4
I couldn't get into the Dreamlord games... the storyline looked good... but I hated the camera and the fact I had to type out attacks XD felt like I was playing the old DOS game Word Samurai lol

Level 21
OutsiderXE campaigns, because I enjoyed reading the Warcraft Novels as a kid and glad he made them into a campaign, Joe's Quest: It was fun and really though out and the other spin-offs to go with it, Destiny never Dies from Ramza: it was a good experience, Dreamlord was a good series to play too, but the camera was annoying, Ascension Beta 1.1 it was a nice one as well, The Warcraft 1 remakes for the Frozen Throne: Was interesting to play them, because I never played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Nature's Call with both the spider one and its dragon sequel, Dwarf Campaign created by GG&K and it was awesome no matter what happened, The Last Druid was good too, even another remake of Warcraft 1 was ok called Fall of the Lion, Avatar of Ice was good to, Chosen Ones was awesome honestly, those spin-offs campaigns from the Warcraft Timeline is ok to play too, and finally Rise of the Blood Elves. Really good design and thought into the campaign. Really and basic too...

Here are the campaigns that I enjoyed and hope other people will have the time to enjoy them too.
Edit: Just wanna add some more to my list.

Last edited:
Level 22
It's really hard to pick just one, so I'll nominate my ten favorites:

Day of the Dragon
Dwarf Campaign
Lord of the Clans
Mordork's Quest
Shards of Resistance: The Raiders
The Coming of the Horde
The Last Druid
The Last Guardian
The War of Corruption (can't find this one)
To the Bitter End

There are much more really good campaigns though. Maybe we could do like a top 25?

Destiny never Dies from Ramza: it was a good experience

Thanks. :)

No one played and liked the Dreamlord series ? Or Ogre Bob's campaign with the Satyr ?

Every Campaign I've played inspired me with something.
I recommend you play most of them.

Yeah, I agree. Really bad campaigns are almost immediately deleted, so I think everything uploaded on Hive right now is worth playing through at least once.

Last edited:
Level 33
I'd say Chronovyx is the best campaign I had ever played.
It has this unique idea and concept, but sadly, it is never completed and it's an abandoned project :(
But the execution of idea, superb :)

Not talking about the gameplay or whatsoever, I'm talking about its originality and the idea and concept (that map has many bugs though and somewhat boring gameplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.