• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Rule: Approval of recoloured Blizzard Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go! Before you spam icon uploads, discuss anything related to this here.

I would have liked an actual poll so the moderators could have actually seen whether Hive's members even WANT this new rule or disapprove of it.

I for my part don't see much use of UPLOADING recoloured stuff... Everybody, even a 6 year old, can recolour texture files. There's no need to upload it to a place that should be a home for creative minds and critics aswell as for "customers", even if it's "useful".
If people are unable to do simple recolouring, that's a little bit sad, isn't it? As it takes MINOR research/thinking (no offense intended)... >_>

Level 31
Recolors are USEFUL for people who doesn't know how to do this, yes, some people doesn't know how.

So the main reason why a new rule has been applied is because it's USEFUL..

As you can see the main word here is USEFUL

so I don't understand why mods would rate simple recolors RECOMMENDED.

IF there is enough freehand (75% or something like this, i think it's not a recolor anymore so the rating could be anything)

Level 27
Recolors are USEFUL for people who doesn't know how to do this, yes, some people doesn't know how.

So the main reason why a new rule has been applied is because it's USEFUL..

As you can see the main word here is USEFUL

so I don't understand why mods would rate simple recolors RECOMMENDED.

IF there is enough freehand (75% or something like this, i think it's not a recolor anymore so the rating could be anything)

Indeed, some don't knoe. Like for example, I have no experience with any advance image editing software and don't have an idea how to do this...
Besides, if you really want to do something artistic, you should make real art. You know, large, awesome drawings, not tinny icons. The icon section is made to provide the mapmakers with icons for their projects, it doesn't serve as some art galery...

Level 51
Indeed, some don't knoe. Like for example, I have no experience with any advance image editing software and don't have an idea how to do this...
Besides, if you really want to do something artistic, you should make real art. You know, large, awesome drawings, not tinny icons. The icon section is made to provide the mapmakers with icons for their projects, it doesn't serve as some art galery...

Totally my point.

Level 31

Was the 3 last lines pointed to me?

I am glad they approved that rule but what i disliked was that a mod was moderating them at Recommended (4/5)

Level 49
it doesn't serve as some art galery...

It is, but a half of that gallery is shit. T_T

Well, why then WoW Based models are not approvable? :) Why no? They're can be enough edited, enough artistics.

Currently icon section is spammed from cnp and crap recolors. Maybe make an more category for icons, let's call it 'Lame Recolors'/

And yes, i ofc know that pyra dislikes me, i dislike him too. But, dammit, i spent fkin a lot of time to draw stuff that i uploaded and modrating is lower? (lol)...

Level 7
I'unno why you need to be bitching about recolouring? all that matters in the end is if the resource is useful or not. For example This, you think that is not useful and should be removed from the site cuz it's just a recolour? C'mon, take that damn stick outta ur ass and start thinking straight

Level 31
I'unno why you need to be bitching about recolouring? all that matters in the end is if the resource is useful or not. For example This, you think that is not useful and should be removed from the site cuz it's just a recolour? C'mon, take that damn stick outta ur ass and start thinking straight

I dunno why you need to be bitching about a subject that was closed long ago (recolors aren't approved anymore).. C'mon, take that damn stick outta ur ass and start thinking straight

Level 48

...Except that's not a recolor, that icon was actually edited by hand.

Level 4
What about just make a new section for recolored icons. That will resolve this "problem" cough drama. Tada!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I don't think we need to bring this discussion back up. The current rule is no recolours.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.