• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai there.

Attachments

• amWhere.png
    amWhere.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 245
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Is your screen set to its native resolution? If it is, you should probably also set your graphic render options to max and turn on texture filtering, anisotropic filtering and antialiasing before you take a screenshot. Most jagged edges will go bye-bye.

If you have an nVIDIA card just right click on your desktop, go to nVIDIA Control Panel and draw the slider-bar from Performance to Quality. Or go under Manage 3D settings and set Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing to highest settings. If you have an AMD card there is a similar control panel called Catalyst Control Center.

Me? I dunno what you're talking about ^^
So. I think it's two things, mainly. First, it's how the textures interact. The trick when using e.g. rocks in formation is to make it look seamless. Second, it's choosing the right textures for the right shot. Take the foreground. tobyfat50's rocks are awesome, but they don't really work well here. It looks chaotic as fuck, especially by the puddle.

Level 15
The second one is much better than the first, but the setting and lighting conflict, creating an odd atmosphere that just doesn't work.

It's supposed to be abandoned/destroyed/whatever, right? It seems far too bright and oversaturated with pink/yellow for that. Granted, there's definitely room for color in a setting like this, it just isn't working in this instance.

Level 34
I look at this and if confuses me. Not in a good way.

There's too much going on and none of it seems to mesh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.