• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

leet.firefox's terrain showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
For all the terrains

My Album
Showcase
  1. First Row: My very first terrains. No imports
  2. Second Row: My next wave of terrains, after I discovered the UTM.
  3. Third Row: Terrains for my first map, some FF ORPG.
  4. Fourth Row: Terrains of mine I actually kind of like, not really.
  5. Fifth Row: Some more random ones.

First Terrains
First1.jpgFirst2.jpgFirst3.jpgFirst4.jpg
First UTM
UTM1.jpgUTM3.jpgUTM4.jpg
FF ORPGs
FF1.jpgFF2.jpgFF3.jpgFF4.jpg
Noice
Fav1.jpgFav2.pngFav3.jpgFav4.jpg
Random
Misc..jpgMisc2.jpgMisc3.jpg
Misc.

160765-albums911-picture8723.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice collection, some are better then others. I think the desert and random forest scene pictures are the best. There good considering there actualy playable.

Mother Russia would be proud!

Level 10
Yeah well somtimes you get the hight of things messed up like in The mining town picture Arthas is about twice as tall as the building he is standing next to. Or in SactuaryBlue1 the ship in background looks like it should be twice as large. Theres more but you get the point. Anyways i like your style though and i got respect for playable terrain. +Rep

Level 10
I like that "black" one very earie and mysterous, i gotta try somthing like that somtime.
"Desert" looks really cool + playable.

Level 17
"Black" just kind of happened as I was testing a map and I thought it looked pretty cool. :\
Desert is indeed playable.
Which is also my biggest problem I think. Even though I open my WE knowing what I am about to make will only be to look at when I'm done, I still absentmindedly make everything playable. Until I get over this I don't think I can make any really awesome terrains. At least it seems that way to me.

Level 9
Dude, loved the Zombie field one!
The rest had wondrously beautiful terrain and great lighting. +Rep!

Keep on producing,
Cthulus

Level 17
The zombie field one was when I really started to mess around with lighting. :D
But I don't know if I will terrain just for show anymore. I have found it more enjoyable to make playable terrains for others. And I was never really good at non-playable terrains anyways. :D

Level 12
Liked them All!
Since you're terraining for Sanity's Edge, I thought I should have a look...
Very nice!
Since the terrain is playable in me and Flat's Campaign, (unless some random cutscene show stuff), you should do fine.
You should make an album on Where's Waldo. Some of the comments left me searching for small details I missed easily.

Nice (Although some pictures were low detail) I like it very much.

Level 36
If you didnt know. Making a showcase with a link in it will more than likely keep people from commenting, from not going through the trouble of hitting that link and henceforth look at them and judge them for then to make a comment.

People like me.

Level 17
Yeah, I like them too.
/ego

Edit: This has to be the longest thread kept active with the least amount of posts without any necroposts, technically.

Level 25
Your current major flaw which appears in most of your terrains is the space between objects you place. For example, you make blotches of detail around the map, rather than terraining larger pieces of the terrain or making the entire terrain quite detailed. For example, in one of your terrains you have rocks, some trees, and a couple other environmental doodads placed by it, but then that's it and around it is detail-less.

Level 25
Sorry about it being rather vague. I was in a rush when I was posting.

Basically you have too many open spaces in your terrains that, to me, stand out a lot. By details, I mean making use of environmental doodads such as shrubs, rocks, and bushes. Gilles and Belgarath have some nice examples, especially their jungle/forest terrains.

Level 17
Oh yeah I know, that's what I've been saying.
Even if I tell myself this terrain is not meant to be playable I still subconsciously make it playable anyways.
I can take any of those terrains I have made and easily use it in a map. It's a habit that will be hard to break, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.