• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ToJ - Tomb of Jarahcon Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Tomb of Jarahcon
The Return
attachment.php

For those of you who don't know what ToJ is - Tomb of Jarahcon.
I am looking to assemble a team for this project. We are starting to work on the map already.

For the team I would prefer if you have more than one skill e.g. 2d artist and Modeling. I know this is a lot to ask for but I would like to keep the team to a minimum size. We especially need modelers since there are next to none models in Sc2 for a Wc3 themed map.

The UI will be going through a total makeover in the process of the remake along with other features that will be possible in Sc2 now. The team will use user feedback to change and customize the UI to their specifications. If a feature is extremely wanted we will do our best to implement it, so speak up!

Leaders: Real138 , <CBX Entertainment>

Scripters:
Real138 , CyberDuelX16, Cha_Owner,<CBX Entertainment>

Terrainer:
CyberDuelX16.

Modellers:
<OPEN> , <OPEN>

2D artist:
<OPEN>

UI Design: CHA_Owner
, Real138

Writer: <OPEN>

Reserved for later use....

attachment.php

Most Recent Update

• Drew up the basic UI will be posting when when we feel its complete enough.
  • Posted UI Concept #1.
  • We have a forum section here.
  • Small changes to UI concept.
  • Logo designs are up.

Polls:
Take part in how Tomb of Jarahcon - The Return is formed. Just visit the site and vote on what you think.

Thats it for now If you want any information pertaining to the ToJ mod then just follow the link i put in. If you have any specific questions about the remake or did not find any answers in this post or the link then feel free to ask.

Attachments

• UI Concept #1.jpg
    UI Concept #1.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1,624
  • UI concept #2 no portrait.jpg
    UI concept #2 no portrait.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Logo copy.png
    Logo copy.png
    516.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Logo copy 2.png
    Logo copy 2.png
    523.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Logo copy 3.png
    Logo copy 3.png
    458.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Logo copy.jpg
    Logo copy.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 1,310
Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Hey Real138! I said i might be able to help with this. I could go Scripting or Terraining.

Level 15
I can write story and text :)
unit/ability creator... ah i forgot that in Sc2 its a b**ch to make them... :/ abilities will be made via triggers so np but units hmm I'm sure one of us can do that also?

EDIT: eh for now i added the position as open. we can discuss what we want.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Indeed, Real get on Skype

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
ok cyber could you do unit/ability design? work with data editor and such? I dare not touch that beast. Actually abilities will all be Scripted so no need to do those. But the data editor still needs a tamer :D Also what else would you like to do? Boss fights? name your trade

CHA since you love UI design could you whip up a template of a UI to use? Add any features you think are necessary. We will then look at it see if everything is possible and useful/needed. You and I will be working on the UI coding.

CBX your leader also so you can give out orders too :p Since you know how the abilities like the back of your hand from the previous project you think you could do them?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

CHA since you love UI design could you whip up a template of a UI to use? Add any features you think are necessary. We will then look at it see if everything is possible and useful/needed. You and I will be working on the UI coding.
Skill Tree would be SICK!

I tame the thing...heheheeeee. I plow that thing like a Cornfield...

Level 8
I guess i could do that^^

I already got some good ideas written down at work and stuff :p

orders will come soon

anyway, next step is probably a forum (real you wanted to do that?) and then planning what features we need, what are good to have and things like that

E: can anyone make some cool videos? like renders, animations or just plain pictures?

Level 3
ummm I really don't know if you need this haha, but if you wanted to (later on) you could send me some gameplay footage and I could make a trailer for you? Like using a actual movie editor (probably sony vegas), not like an in-game movie. I mean this'd obviously be later on, once you'd gotten it well underway. Anyways, just putting it out there :).

Level 15
Ah i said i was trying to arrange a forum section on a site :)

hmm a forum... well we should first get started then work on the forum.

Yes of ofc there will be a skill tree ;) all parts of the UI. Hero Selection, Skill tree, Inventory, Minimap. I'll also try and draw something up as a concept.

Ok post those good ideas ;) or send them to me i wanna look through them.

EDIT: oo thanks for the offer we will keep it in mind ;) but first we need to actually make the map :) ill add you and contact you if need be.

Level 3
EDIT: oo thanks for the offer we will keep it in mind ;) but first we need to actually make the map :) ill add you and contact you if need be.

Haha no problem :). Yes of course, I realise it won't be until you've actually made it but that's ok. When you get to a stage where you've made a majority of the map and can record some gameplay footage, I can use it to make a trailer which will give the fans and people waiting something to enjoy and hopefully peak everyone's interest in the map in the few days/weeks where you're making the final adjustments before release :). And if you want teasers along the way I'd be glad to do them too

When you're at that stage PM or email me and we'll work it out, I'm PMing you my email address now (that'll probably be a better way to contact me, since I always check my hotmail email)

Best of luck guys!!

Level 15
hmm there is a 10mb limit you know... We could make a single player version and then a multiplayer version. I would love to add he custom music and narration but i doubt we could fit it. We will see once the game is released if they add to the limit or something.

Also guys I just started on the UI layout gonna post it once its done. And CBX get on icq :)

Also guys i think if we get started quick we could submit the map for the TDG mapping contest. So lets get cracking :) the prize money is $390

EDIT: also we need a sequal name like ToJ: The Return. Something like that. We also have to decide how far into the future this will be :) If we want it to be as far as Sc2 modern or just a few years.

Last edited:
Level 12
Alright im posting here to see what you guys would like to have in this map i have already made 2 fully functional systems for my own project but im willing to implement them into this one also they are as follows;

-W.A.S.D Movement with instant turn/strafing/jumping/dashing

-Minimap much like Cloudmax's except this one has much more functionality and has descriptions for every object on it.

just let me know and if these systems are not needed then i will start developing new ones for this project alone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.