• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Justice Hammer v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is the Justice Hammer spell created by Vladadamm and MeTeOr_StArs.

The spell is completely MUI, Leakless and easy too configure (damages, stun duration, aoe, etc... in object editor)

How does it works ?

In Game : Hero cast spell in a area, a hammer is summoned and will fall of the sky. At the end of the fall, all enemies in the area are damaged and stunned.

In Editor : 2triggers : 1for the cast which create the hammer and make the hammer fall. The second for create a dummy which use a War Stomp at the end of spell.

Triggers :
  • Justice Hammer Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Justice Hammer
    • Actions
      • -------- Variables Setting - Don't touch it --------
      • Set JH_Hero = (Triggering unit)
      • Set JH_Owner = (Owner of JH_Hero)
      • Set JH_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for JH_Hero)
      • Set JH_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • -------- Creating a first special effect at the target point --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at JH_Point using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- Creating the first dummy : The Falling Hammer --------
      • Unit - Create 1 JH Dummy for (Owner of JH_Hero) at JH_Point facing (Facing of JH_Hero) degrees
      • Set JH_Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • -------- Setting Custom Value for save the ability level --------
      • Unit - Set the custom value of JH_Dummy to JH_Level
      • -------- Adding a new SFX in the fall. --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of JH_Dummy using Abilities\Spells\Items\ResourceItems\ResourceEffectTarget.mdl
      • -------- Adding an expiration timer and make the Hammer fall - Change them proportionnally to keep a good falling effect. --------
      • Unit - Add a 0.85 second Water Elemental expiration timer to JH_Dummy
      • Animation - Change JH_Dummy flying height to 75.00 at 700.00
      • -------- Removing a leak. --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JH_Point)
  • Justice Hammer End
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to JH Dummy
    • Actions
      • -------- Setting Variables - Don't touch it --------
      • Set JH_DyingDummy = (Dying unit)
      • Set JH_Point = (Position of JH_DyingDummy)
      • -------- Creating the Terrain Deformation on the ground --------
      • Environment - Create a 0.40 second Temporary crater deformation at JH_Point with radius 512.00 and depth 48.00
      • -------- Creating the second dummy : A dummy-caster --------
      • Unit - Create 1 JH Dummy2 for JH_Owner at JH_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set JH_Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • -------- Setting some parameters for remove the war stomp effect. --------
      • Animation - Change JH_Dummy's size to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) of its original size
      • Animation - Change JH_Dummy's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
      • -------- Adding an expiration timer to the dummy --------
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to JH_Dummy
      • -------- Adding the war stomp to the dummy and setting is level, then order to cast. --------
      • -------- You can change this part for change spells effects (example : thunder clap instead of war stomp for have slow instead of stun.) --------
      • Unit - Add Justice Hammer Stun+Damages to JH_Dummy
      • Unit - Set level of Justice Hammer Stun+Damages for JH_Dummy to (Custom value of JH_DyingDummy)
      • Unit - Order JH_Dummy to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
      • -------- Creating a special effect at ground. --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at JH_Point using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • -------- Removing the hammer for remove the death animation (which looks bad in game) --------
      • Unit - Remove JH_DyingDummy from the game
      • -------- Removing a leak. --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JH_Point)
I know that this spell isn't a hard coded spell but there are some noob mappers on the hive which don't like very hard coded spells with 10triggers, 50variables, hastables, etc... and so it might be usefull for them (and for others too).

Changelog :

10/10/11
Added a forgotten information for the spell modification.
Added a forgotten HIDDEN tag in the template.
Translated french triggers into english triggers.

10/14/11
Added a special effect in the hammer fall.
Removed the death animation from the hammer which looks bad. (removed unit at end of spell)
Changed hammer height to 750 from 700. (better fall effect)
Fixed the hotkey in the test map (J)

03/04/11
The dummies are now set to Can't Raise, Do not Cause decay.
The dummies do not give vision anymore.
Stun/Damages Ability is now added to the JHDummy 2 In the Object Editor.

This is just a little fix, cause this spell need it, but it needs a real remake, and i'm not motived to do it. Maybe in some time i'd do it.

Keywords:
Justice, Hammer, Justice Hammer, Holy, Paladin, Holy Hammer, aoe stun, aoe damage, fall, Vladadamm, GUI, MUI.
Contents

Justice Hammer 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. Required changes Don't use custom values, use indexing, a hashtable or a unit indexer instead Terrain deformation should be optional since it causes unavoidable leaks and can cause...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

Reviewed by Maker, Justice Hammer v1.2, 5th Mar 2012

Required changes
  • Don't use custom values, use indexing, a hashtable or a unit indexer instead
  • Terrain deformation should be optional since it causes unavoidable leaks
    and can cause desyncs
  • It should be the hero who deals the damage, not the dummy unit
Suggested changes
  • Improve tooltip, look at standard Blizzard abilities for reference
  • Use only one dummy unit type
  • Justice Hammer End should be on only when there is at least one dummy alive

Maker, Justice Hammer v1.1, 26th Oct 2011

Set dummies to can't raise, does not decay.
Why do the dummies give vision?
Justice Hammer End should be on only when there is at least one dummy alive.
Don't use custom value.
Terrain deformation should be optional since it leaks and can cause desyncs.
Dummy 2 should have the dummy ability at object editor.
It should be the hero who deals the damage.
20:45, 10th Oct 2011
Pharaoh_: Rejected for being too simple.

You don't need to use a location array, you could use 2 separate location variables (Array reads are slower than normal variable reads and they take up much more memory)

Integer -> 4 bytes
Integer Array -> 32768 bytes (4 bytes * 8192 size)

I don't know if this is true, but from what I know, arrays take up a gap in memory and skip to the location equal to location_of_array[0] + index * sizeof(array[0]) to read.

Is this true?

Does it use a custom special effect to create the hammer falling from the sky? I've had an idea like this for a while, but it might be nice to see you code the falling movement instead of making users incorporate a special sfx >_>

The falling hammer is a dummy and it use the model "DragonHawk - Projectile" (in yellow)

But rejecting a spell only because it's too simple is kinda bullshit for me :S

I agree with you, if a spell is MUI (or MPI for some systems), leakless, not-copyed from another spell and if it's not a little trigger that can be make by any noob mapper (like just create a dummy with an aura); this spell mustn't be rejected.
But this is not a debat.

And Pharaoh_ moderate it with "Needs Fix" and not "Rejected"; so it can still be downloaded.

Level 7
I agree with you guys. I am supposed to upload my very own first spell but It's obviously too simple so I decided not to. But, I guess, We just have to follow the rules. :D

New version : 1.2

The dummies are now set to Can't Raise, Do not Cause decay.
The dummies do not give vision anymore.
Stun/Damages Ability is now added to the JHDummy 2 In the Object Editor.

This is just a little fix, cause this spell need it, but it needs a real remake, and i'm not motived to do it. Maybe in some time i'd do it.

Edit : The triggers in descriptions are the old triggers (but there are only 1 action removed and 1 commentary changed)

Level 1
Sorry! I added this spell but hammer does not fall the ground actually there is no hammer just I have war stomp what and where is the problem according to you can you help me.