• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sargeras: Fall of the Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Sargeras: Fall of the Titan is a seventeen minute-long orchestral work depicting the titan Sargeras' descent into madness. While this piece cycles through many keys, it starts in b minor, the key of passive suffering, and ends in b-flat minor, the key of darkness and despair.

When discussing possible themes for the next music contest, I got way too excited about a theme of my own suggestion: a piece about a character from Warcraft lore. I started thinking about, if that theme got chosen, which character I would choose. I quickly decided on Sargeras. His character is rich enough to be farmed for some beautiful music, but his story is vague enough that I had lots of room for creativity. Unable to stop myself, I began writing this piece, well aware that I would have to pick another character for the contest, if that theme even got selected.

Around that time, my favorite symphony was Tchaikovsky's Sixth. This piece was heavily influenced by this symphony, particularly the first movement. This was also composed during a time of great emotional distress for me, and I think that this piece was my main outlet for all that emotion at the time.

Software Used:

Noteworthy Composer: Composition

Garritan Personal Orchestra 4: Sound Sets

Audacity: Final Edits

Enjoy!

Part 1:
Part 2:

Oh my, I can see you put a lot of effort into this, will have to listen to the full composition unhindered sometime.

And we should be starting the next music contest sometime soon, though we still haven't exactly decided on a theme yet (I kinda want to stay away from themes directly related to wc3 or sc2 but idk). It seems every time we make a thread to discuss it dies fairly quickly.

Level 12
Oh my, I can see you put a lot of effort into this, will have to listen to the full composition unhindered sometime.

And we should be starting the next music contest sometime soon, though we still haven't exactly decided on a theme yet (I kinda want to stay away from themes directly related to wc3 or sc2 but idk). It seems every time we make a thread to discuss it dies fairly quickly.

Looking forward to both your opinion on the piece and the start of the contest. :wink:

Anyway. It's probably a good thing (for me) that the contest has been delayed. After creating things this big, I tend to become a little uncreative for a while afterward. I've spent the last few weeks doing almost nothing, and I definitely needed it.

Yeah this is kind of a bump (yay for bumping), but it's also just because I've been taking a bit of a vacation from the Internet in general, and would now like to get some comments and criticism on this.

Level 1
Sargeras: Fall of the Titan is a seventeen minute-long orchestral work depicting the titan Sargeras' descent into madness. While this piece cycles through many keys, it starts in b minor, the key of passive suffering, and ends in b-flat minor, the key of darkness and despair.

When discussing possible themes for the next music contest, I got way too excited about a theme of my own suggestion: a piece about a character from Warcraft lore. I started thinking about, if that theme got chosen, which character I would choose. I quickly decided on Sargeras. His character is rich enough to be farmed for some beautiful music, but his story is vague enough that I had lots of room for creativity. Unable to stop myself, I began writing this piece, well aware that I would have to pick another character for the contest, if that theme even got selected.

Around that time, my favorite symphony was Tchaikovsky's Sixth. This piece was heavily influenced by this symphony, particularly the first movement. This was also composed during a time of great emotional distress for me, and I think that this piece was my main outlet for all that emotion at the time.

Software Used:

Noteworthy Composer: Composition

Garritan Personal Orchestra 4: Sound Sets

Audacity: Final Edits

Enjoy!

Part 1:
Part 2:

Such a very amazing video!

Status
Not open for further replies.