• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Workshop kinda thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

Music Workshop

Now serves voice acting as well (Check bottom of post)

What's this?

Ever needed a specific music but you could never manage to find it?
This is what the Music Workshop is here for!
It makes music varying to your needs. No matter the style. It can be orchestral, metal, dubstep, rap beats etc...
Also, it makes sound effects.

OK great. Now how to Request?

MYNAME, SFX Request

Request Type: SFX
Theme:
Tension, Hope, Comedy, etc.
Duration: Whatever Seconds (5-10 Seconds generally recommended)
I Need it for: A Map, A game, Fun
Is request Urgent?: Yes/No

MYNAME, Music Request

Request Type: Music
Request Genre:
orchestral, metal, dubstep, rap beats etc.
Theme: Epic, Sad, Psychotic, etc.
Duration: Whatever Seconds (3-4 Minutes generally recommended)
I Need it for: A Map, A game, Fun
Is request Urgent?: Yes/No

Great! But have you finished any requests? Maybe I could pick something you made for somebody else.

SONGS

Number
Type
Link
Description

Orchestral (Undead Style)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2688096-post21.html(Has been cancelled but will be finished)

Dark, mysterious and creepy. Composed for Undead theme song.

Soundtrack (Western)
Raging Dogs

Starts off with a sad beginning then turns into a bloodlusted man in a spree!

Metal

Southern Trendkill

A wild short metal composition.

Emotional Ballad

Faint of Hope

Emotional slow tempo song for drama scenes

Action

Heavy Arms

Mercenary themed ready for action music.

Ambient, Tension

Path of the Exiled

Unssettling and unexpectedness feelings mixed up in a tribal theme.

Orchestral Action

Converging Paths

A dark encounter between two rivals.

Orchestral Ambient

Interstellar Surrealism

A journey that starts from our reality to unknown outer space.

Post Apocalyptic Epic Orchestral Metal

Not to be Overwhelmed

Humanity can't be destroyed. An epic composition with lots of action in it.

Epic Intense Stealth Music

Divergent Conflicts

It tells of an agent's hard life, the obstacles he faces everyday. Challenging missions, which put him on a line between life and death.

Epic Battle Music

Genesis of Eradication

The true face of war, and the outcomes of it.

SFX

Number
Type
Link
Description

Psychotic, Dark

Music Workshop kinda thing

Good for dark atmosphered changes

Great! are there any Current Requests?

SONGS

Number
Type
Status
Description

-

Work In Progress

-

-

Work in Progress

-

-

Work in Progress

N/A

SFX

Number
Type
Link
Description

None in progress

---

---

If you don't see the genre you're looking for, don't be afraid to write down the request, as the descriptions cannot contain everything.

Thanks Arad MNK for the new page design!

CURRENT REQUESTS LIST
1)-
2)-
3)-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOICE ACTING PART HERE!!!

I just wanted to put my amateur voice actings here as well, in case anyone needed simple voice actings with effects, I can do a few short lines of work. For more professional voice acting work see the pros out there!!

Contact me if you can't find the download link for the music you want, or have questions. And do give credits for the work you use.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, sounds very interesting. A great idea!

Well, I am working on a map and I hope to add custom music, but it is nothing I need fast.

Basically, it is a decaying and frozen environment, rather undiscovered and mysterious.
I imagine the music expressing the unknown factor of the map, that the invaders do not know anything about the lands they are moving on, while they see that the land is corrupted and decaying and owned by Undead forces.
Important is also the temperature, it would be nice to have some sounds that make aware of the snow, the ice and the frozen mountains.

It would used as a background track playing during gameplay.

So, if you have too much time, I would be glad if you could create something wonderful :)

Level 19
Well, you're my first customer :p I would not want to let you down I will try to do my best how many days can you give to me? and do you want any specific instruments to be played in the song? I will start tonight or tomorrow morning

Update: Do you have a size threshold like it should be less than 3mb etc..

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, you can take as much days as you want to.
If you need a time line to get on track, I would say, around 21 days should be fine :)

Hm, difficult. Right now I cannot think of any that I would like to have in it.
Maybe, how are these called, these little bells, that have a high sound, as sometimes heard in Asian themed tracks.
Basically, it should be a dark atmosphere, but not lacking natural elements.

Just compose around :) I am sure you will do good!

Level 19
Okay I made a litle sample it is 1:22 mins

I tried to give the feeling like our protoganist is walking in the undead lands hearing weird noises but doesn't know what's producing the noises and the music is flowing smooth and softly behind him.

Then after the first growl the drums start as to build some little tension while sounding pretty dull and dead-like going all the way repetetively.

If you like this sample I will continue from here slowly building the tension until at some point we get to a climax and that is where the story (in my mind) meets the human with the undead.

After that the song will have its speed allright and will never drop the tension down.

This is just my plan roughly it may change and you may interrupt this too. It will be in your game after all.

If you didn't like this, like I could add a more darker strings part or to add anything just say it.

All right enough talking here's the sample :D

Attachments

• undeadWithBells.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
Level 19
I'm no music pro but what's with the bells? I don't think it fits there and the drums well it kind of ruins the eerie feeling might change the drums but hey I'm not the one who requested this so well let's see his reaction.

Level 19
The rings are to add some kind of atmospheric feeling in it think of an undead making noises with something in its hands. The drums; okay didn't work on them :D just put a few strokes the last part will be fixed I don't want to continue right now bcz as you said we got to see his reaction

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You did a good job, that is not a question :)

I read apcrabnightlive's comment about the bells and I slightly disagree. In the first moment I didn't even realize that these are the bells/rings, as they fit perfectly into the atmosphere, in my opinion. Nonetheless, maybe reduce them a bit ? I think it would be even better :)

About the initialization, I think it is totally missing. It starts immediately with the northern sounds and therefore it is really abrupt. I think a little introduction helps a lot, even if it is only the music raising from no volume to default volume :)

You could add sounds of crushing ice or wind blowing in trees ( they are a few) for later sound clips.

Additional sound suggestion: Boss Theme suggestion:
Suggestion mean that these clips / parts contain good samples for what I imagine, you shouldn't adapt them 100% :) just get some inspiration from it.
Great job! I am excited for the new versions!

Level 19
You did a good job, that is not a question :)

I read apcrabnightlive's comment about the bells and I slightly disagree. In the first moment I didn't even realize that these are the bells/rings, as they fit perfectly into the atmosphere, in my opinion. Nonetheless, maybe reduce them a bit ? I think it would be even better :)

About the initialization, I think it is totally missing. It starts immediately with the northern sounds and therefore it is really abrupt. I think a little introduction helps a lot, even if it is only the music raising from no volume to default volume :)

You could add sounds of crushing ice or wind blowing in trees ( they are a few) for later sound clips.

Additional sound suggestion: Boss Theme suggestion:
Suggestion mean that these clips / parts contain good samples for what I imagine, you shouldn't adapt them 100% :) just get some inspiration from it.
Great job! I am excited for the new versions!

So you want an instrumental intro then enter the fx(wind, ice cracks...)

I will decrease the hits of the bells and check for a better sound they're a bit overused in this sample.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

So you want an instrumental intro then enter the fx(wind, ice cracks...)

I will decrease the hits of the bells and check for a better sound they're a bit overused in this sample.

Yes, exactly, make sure the music does not start out of nowhere, but, you could still pay attention to the fact that it will loop, means the end and the beginning shouldn't break the track.

I hope I am not too demanding :/

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, maybe a dark choir / single man slightly howling, as being heard in one of the Epic Darkness Remix editions, one of the links should lead to it.

Else, maybe some footprints on snow, very calm in the background.
Maybe, a clang as if something metallic drops down.
Different blowing winds, some scary snaps, clicking ice.

Just let your creativity some space :)

Level 19
Added the choir to the beginning, and rearranged the ride cymbal, added an ice cracking sound, and still trying to figure out how the song should go after the growlings :D

Just wanted to show you how it is going

Note: I went into so much sh** in my head got stuck after some part got so many things in my head but can't do anyone :ogre_rage:

I will need some time to gather some thoughts in order to avoid unnecessary complications and noises in the song :vw_death:

Attachments

• Undead Lands.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 170
Level 19

Tried to give kind of a sad feeling at the beginning too because undead were once people too now they are restless souls haunting upon men, that is surely a sad thing :'(

I will modify once I get the inspiration I'm still stuck right now :(

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, you don't need to hurry :) take your time!

It is surely a good idea to add a sad touch, but keep in mind that they are considered evil.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I dunno' maybe if you could lower the volume for the wind in the beginning, it would make the start and the rest soundly equalized. It has tension and it starts building up with the percussion. Let's see what follows...
Oh yeah I was referring to undeadWithBells.
Undead Lands is quite similar. Is it another song or the first one remade?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks for the feedback, undead lands is undead withbells remade or progressed version, but the project is cancelled therefore the soundtack :(

It is surely nice to have an alternate Undead faction soundtrack :) if you want to finish it

Level 19

Attachments

• sadpsychoticwestern.mp3
    807.7 KB · Views: 71
Level 19
Thanks for support, mate! Much appreciated!

Here's another sample Rex;

with a new title(a bad one I know :'( )

I feel like it's dragging out of cowboy style into something my style I do hope that you like this. It has a slow build up but I think it's worth the wait.

Attachments

• Raging Dogs.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
Level 19
And There's something...
I can Join if you want and The Workshop is Joinable ^^

EDIT: The Horn thing at the First can be Transposed a little to up :D (As well as a little Lesser Volume)

Of course you can join, if you want! I will be on vacation again after 4-5days for 15 days ill leave the workshop to you. As long as there is someone who wants a song and you have a program or studio to compose music :p

For the harmonica part; it was just a fail :D there is a harmonica solo in the first version but the plugin itself is shitty and i removed it. But for the sake of a build up for the song intro i didnt remove that part. But i know it still sounds quite a bit awkward :D

Level 19
Great work you have here!
If you still take request; then I could need several tracks for ambient music for a snowy mountain terrain. It's very hard to find appropriate music for this that is registered under the creative commons licence.

Thanks! I can take it, but as I've written before I will leave for 15 days, a few days later. If it's not urgent I can start when I get back...

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Zwiebelchen, See if this Qualifies.
Sounds a bit too ... well ... JRPG'ish to me. Almost like SNES music.
I was more looking for something a bit more ambient; something that would fit as a movie soundtrack.
The melody is too focused for an ambient track.

For some inspiration, here are some of my favorite "winter" tracks from the god of epic soundtracks jeremy soule... this is exactly the sound I'm looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUeXa5PibXY&index=3&list=PLZ_8jSJfq2yjTj1RSZXcnR53RgpEtXIqp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzV5A_Z1Xa8&index=6&list=PLZ_8jSJfq2yjTj1RSZXcnR53RgpEtXIqp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cllnuwKx8a0&index=10&list=PLZ_8jSJfq2yjTj1RSZXcnR53RgpEtXIqp

Level 19
Here it is; the not-so wild western, cowboy song :p

Don't mind the name "Okan Sen-Raging Dogs" It's my name before the dash, I use mp3Tag and it automatically put it there. You can change it. Tell me if you don't like anything and don't forget to give credit when used, have fun!

Attachments

• Okan Sen - Raging Dogs.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 95

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Great to see you have a new design, but there are some grammar mistakes you might want to fix.

Could be a good idea to add definitions, too. I thought SFX are special effects, so what are they in music ?

Status
Not open for further replies.