• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WILLTHEALMIGHTY's Almighty gallery of Almighty models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's cut the crap and get to the models:

Goblin Flamer WIP (no weapon/fuel tanks):
GoblinFlamerWIP1.jpg

The Great Pumpkin Master (Modelling contest #6 entry):
attachment.php

About the flamer: This is actually for a project I thought I couldn't make before, because of animations and hwo much I suck at them. I just removed most of the HeroTinker's model, switched anims with the ChaosSpaceOrc and geomerged the head, shoulders and helmet. This is probably going to be my base for future goblins with marine anims, and hopefully I'll release a few other classes (Soldier, Engineer, Medic, Scout).
If I can, I'll also FINALLY give animations to my goblin rocketeer... who desperatly needs them.

I think I'll have to make a scratch-modelled flamethrower and backpack though. Shouldn't be too hard, considering I don't have to animate it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Aaaaaaww...learn to animate man, you can do it.

You know I like the pumpkin, it's a fun idea.

Here comes the goblin soldier!

Notes about the model:
He's not supposed to look flashy, since he's basically cannonfodder, but still feel like he can pack a punch. LIke most of the goblin models, he's small, so details can be spared.
If you were wondering, yes those are ammo clips blasting from his rifle, and yes those are particles. They look better from the ingame distance, I assure you.

Also, remember these are going to be really small and far from the screen, so he might look bunched up and weird, but from ingame perspective the model looks just fine.

Attachments

• GoblinSoldier.jpg
    GoblinSoldier.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 588
  • GoblinSoldier2.jpg
    GoblinSoldier2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 532
Level 35
Scratch?....milkshape?

Very good though. I am pleased to see another Geomerger/mdl prince begin to take the stage and play the part. Like a solemn falcon, ready to rise from his fledgling state, and take wing as he is pushed off the cliff from his nest.

-Elenai the Epic-

Scratch?....milkshape?

Very good though. I am pleased to see another Geomerger/mdl prince begin to take the stage and play the part. Like a solemn falcon, ready to rise from his fledgling state, and take wing as he is pushed off the cliff from his nest.

First, this is entirely geomerged, unlike the flamethrower.

Second, I like to think of myself as that guy who messes with explosives a little, and then decides he wants to make a nuke.
Less majestic, but ten times more awesome.

And now onto the engineer!
... Oh damn, I might have to redo the anim transfers. D'oh.

Okay, enough chitchat, now I have to work on the engineer.

EDIT: I think I'll make it use the Rifleman animations, since the engineer has a carbine, and not a rifle. That said, the wrench anim might prove to be a problem, unless I just make him use the HeroTinker's attack.

EDIT: The transfer worked like a charm. But I've found no good wrench anim with the right bone structure to use... maybe I used something like a blow-torch anim.

Last edited:
Engineer is done.

While you're waiting, here's a cinematic only meteor. There's a smaller, spell version, which looks VERY similar, so I won't show a pic.
GiantMeteor.jpg

There's also some other stuff, which i've just released out of my uber secret vault of almighty secret WIPs. Those models have been there a LONG time, and I thought I should finalise them (after 5 different versions, I think) and release them.

Plasma Grenade (From Halo)
models_3738_screenshot.jpg

Ultimate Explosion --- Massive Explosion
models_3737_screenshot.jpg

Ultimate Explosion --- Air-based Explosion
models_3735_screenshot.jpg

Ultimate Explosion --- Dirt Explosion
models_3736_screenshot.jpg

Ultimate Explosion --- Ground-based explosion
models_3734_screenshot.jpg

Also, here's a small taste of the new nuclear strike (What, again? Hell yes, because nukes are awesome).
NewNuke1.jpgNewNuke2.jpg

OH, and the pumpkin monster's been released. Get it here.

Did you ever take a look at that first nuke model you made which I slightly edited?

That was actually the third version of the nuke you edited (the first two were crap, anyway). And yes I looked at it.

There were two things wrong with it (or so I think):
1- The top cloud appeared after the smoke column reached the top. This isn't at all like real nukes, and it looks pretty bad, seeing a small trail of smoke go up and suddenly have a giant cloud appear out of nowhere.
2- Though the shockwave is nice (and trust me, I wish I could add one), not only won't it work ingame (for some stupid reason), but it was pretty big, which is a cause for lag (occasionally).

That was actually the third version of the nuke you edited (the first two were crap, anyway). And yes I looked at it.

There were two things wrong with it (or so I think):
1- The top cloud appeared after the smoke column reached the top. This isn't at all like real nukes, and it looks pretty bad, seeing a small trail of smoke go up and suddenly have a giant cloud appear out of nowhere.
2- Though the shockwave is nice (and trust me, I wish I could add one), not only won't it work ingame (for some stupid reason), but it was pretty big, which is a cause for lag (occasionally).

1) Well it looked weird before because a big blob appeared at the top then the column came up to meet it. It looked worse that way.
2) It works ingame for me. And what's a nuclear missle explosion without some huge shockwaves?

1) Well it looked weird before because a big blob appeared at the top then the column came up to meet it. It looked worse that way.
2) It works ingame for me. And what's a nuclear missle explosion without some huge shockwaves?

1) Wrong. The cloud was always at the top of the column. It went up at the same rate the column did, and stopped exactly where the column did. It's called the "Model Space" flag, and it only shows ingame (as in, not in a viewer/Model editor).
Seriously, I've done enough testing of it ingame to know that.
2) I seriously doubt your shockwave worked any better than any other shockwaves I've made (not that they're more important/special than yours, it's just I've tried many times to get one to work)... the XYQuad bug (new XYQuads work in the Model Editor, but fail to show in the World Editor and ingame) is very troublesome and the rules aren't clear on when it works or not.
Though it seems editing Blizzard XYQuads should work, though I've never managed to make it work.

I doubt you've tried it ingame (as in, inside a Wc3 map/The World Editor), else you'd know the column/cloud thing. So frankly, I don't think the shockwave worked any better.
I should probably try the Notepad method of adding particle emmitters to see if XYQuads work then.

Damn, I knew it would sound like an asshole comment.

Seriously, it was nothing angry, though it might have sounded like it. I was just pointing out how much of an idiotic dickhe- I mean, I was simply saying what I think/am pretty sure is right...

See? I was right and you were wr- I mean, uh... *cough* *cough*... nice avatar.

(Those were jokes, BTW :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.