• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StoP is back, damn right... Kinda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while folks. :grin:

Some of you may know, I worked with C++ and C# some time ago, finished
my studies and worked on few projects. These days I work as iOS software
developer, so you know, objective-C and swift. Ah swift, what a language.

Guys I made game engine (much like wc3 event's like mechanism working in
background). Right now I can build any kind of variable "types", units,
heroes, abilities etc. Damage engine, spell casting, movement, user events,
everything is handled and linked together into small and cool system written
purely in swift programming language.

So long story short, I been working on a space ship like rpg for a while now.
System mentioned above is currently running things in background and I
have some graphic already included. But I'm not impressed, it's not
something that would hold my attention for so long. It's been decided,
project renamed, code refactored, graphic and theme redesigned. Shadows
of the "freaking" Past is alive :grin:, game is breathing, and progress is huge
already :thumbs_up:.

But before I explain idea any further, please keep in mind that we speak
about mobile app, :fp: no keyboard and mouse, no hundreds of controls on
player disposal. Game will much like represent turn based games with few
more features to it. Anyone played Heroes of Might and Magic?
There will be a storyline, there will be quests and other SotP things.
Excited to know what will happen after TRIOH??? Damn... :xxd:

I already have things to show, but don't want, sorry, :grin:. Still I assure you
this is real, and I work every day on it. Hive will be my testing ground, hehe,
and I rely on your critics and suggestions. Final product will be free with in
game purchases (that will come sometime in the future, I hope :eekani:).

Finally, help, I need it, it would be perfect to find some 2D artist willing to
work with me, I need a ton of resources and my photoshop skills go so far
that I edit free stuff. As I said, there is graphic already presented, guy I need
will just improve current or create it's own as replacement. I'm even willing
to pay real money, $ yes, and buy graphic online if that's something we
need. :thumbs_up:

Have a nice day, sincerely -Kobas-.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 11.21.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 11.21.55 AM.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 769
Sneak peek

Folks, here it is. First sneak peek into SotP app. I will be uploading screenshots
from iPhone 6s device (thus huge resolution) regularly every 3 to 4 days to keep
you updated.

- Explanation:

In future you may expect to see more menu items presented, but for now, demo
will hold to those 4. Item titles are self explanatory so I guess that's it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 500
Good work! This is amazing! I'll be stalking around more, if you don't mind me being quiet.

EDIT: Quiet? Well, I don't even have a device which supports iOS.

Thank you for showing interest.

Yeah, I know, it's completely different user experience, but because I want to
finish the storyline and reuse everything I created so far (in some way), I'm
sharing content with this community first. More on storyline and missions in
future sneak peeks.

Sneak peek

2nd sneak peek is here. New game, hero pick selection.

- Explanation:

When player click on "New Game", this will be loaded as new scene.
By clicking on icons, you can choose your hero, and see generalized hero stats.

Currently I have those 5 heroes: Beast, Dwarf, Paladin, Sorceress and Druid.
Each hero will have different base stats and different core abilities. Also idea is
to create specific hero only items in future, so you can equip unique gear.

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 482
  • image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 388
  • image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 299
Thank you guys. Well whole thing is coded in swift, and if I'm not mistaken, google is
considering swift as optional language for android development, if that become real
deal, I will gladly cover both platforms.

Btw. I just realized there is no name shown, when player select hero other than druid...
How silly, that worked fine few weeks ago lol. I messed up with graphic placement
probably. Will fix that asap, and re-upload those images...

This is archived project? Will it be brought back on hosted section? Also, its good to know you're working on it again. :)
Nope, it won't, because wc3 map is done. I will just continue with story on a totally different game. So I just wanted to inform people about that. They will be able to play game on iPhone and see rest of story.

Level 14
it is so cool to see all these wc3 mods become real games. Good Luck! :)

I would suggest to have some kind of graphical separation between foreground and background.

In the title, it says StoP by the way...

Sneak peek

3rd sneak peek is here.

- Explanation:

Image 1: Launch screen, right now I have no rights to use image, but I will get some art here asap.

Image 2: Main screen, showing hero base stats, resources and game events generating at random/player events. Player can using buttons in bottom navigate through game (buttons are in order: Play, Stats, Achievements, Archive, Settings). Many things are animated, you will need to wait for a video to see. Play will be able to click on those like buttons and respond to some events (This will change asap I found right graphic content).

Image 3: Archive, will show to player all enemy units he encountered/discovered, along with their stats, statistic (how many you defeated specific enemy, it's pros and cons and so on, still working on right design, you can see stats on some of those). In future I may add more, even list spells, items and such.

Image 4: Play game menu, selecting the way to play (Story mode, arena (PvP to come) and normal battle mode).

Image 5: Battle setup, at this point everything is set from database at load, but I need to add more here, such as selecting specific items and abilities (that will go into those "i" buttons) in a such way to counter enemy presented on the right side.

Image 6: Battle started, all you can do now is to let simulation do the rest and/or help your hero with active abilities/items (still need to be created, but core game engine supports it, events are there, I just need graphic and little bit code to manage spells).

Image 7: Game has ended, and player clicked on specific game event to see more details (Damage calculation), this can be done in real time while game lasts as well.

Image 8: Hero stats, right now those values are hard coded, I need to load them from database. There will be more to it, whole interface could change to display more graphic content as well as banners and shit to come.

And there you have it. I have like a 10 enemy units right now (from Common to Legendary), engine calculate everything based on unit stats. I will post exact calculations, attributes and rest of explanation in near future. Right now there are around 35 stats per single unit, and asap i start playing with spells and items, those will increase even more.

Guys I need suggestions, how should "unit cards" look like, what you like, what you don't like. Again, note that whole content is animated, sadly I can't display that. When unit takes damage for example there is explosion like bubble showing on "unit card" together with specific "movement" on the screen and so on. I have many things to add here, but little time.

Cya again soon, have a nice day, -Kobas-.

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1566.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 238

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Guys I need suggestions, how should "unit cards" look like, what you like, what you don't like. Again, note that whole content is animated, sadly I can't display that. When unit takes damage for example there is explosion like bubble showing on "unit card" together with specific "movement" on the screen and so on. I have many things to add here, but little time.
In case you played Witcher 3 I loved the art style that it used in Loading Screens, and the most amazing was the black/white animations when your choices end up mattering

maxresdefault.jpg

And this cut-scene Baron's Death

I have worked a lot on app, as you can see from presented image.

Basic calculations are:

Agility:
  • 25 agi = 1 armor
  • 200 agi = 1% attack evasion

Endurance:
  • 1 end = 25 hit points
  • 100 end = 0.1% regeneration

Intelligence:
  • 1 int = 15 hit points
  • 100 int = 0.1% regeneration

Strength:
  • 1 str = 1 attack damage

Wisdom:
  • 1 wis = 20 shield points
  • 100 wis = 0.1% regeneration
Max unit level is 100.
Armor can go from 0-999 (from 0.00% to 99.9% normal attack reduction)
Attributes go from 0-10k (base attributes are caped at 10000, but can be increased more)
Attack speed is average based around 1.5 (Normal), but there is no limit how fast unit can attack (I guess there will be bottom limit set around 1 attack per 0.1 sec)
Attack types are: Normal, Piercing, Magic, Siege, Hero, Divine
Armor types are: Normal, Unarmored, Light, Heavy, Fortified, Hero, Divine
Attack types and armor types are calculated similarly like in wc3 (this is due to my engine, game right now use just Normal Attack and Normal Armor type).
Unit armor is used to reduce normal attack damage before reducing unit hp.
Unit shield is used as "extra" hp only when unit receive elemental damage.
1 elemental damage reduce 1 shield point.
1 elemental damage reduce 2 hit points.
Elemental damage ignore unit armor.
Elemental damage types are: Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison, Light, Dark
Elemental damage can be reduced with corresponding elemental resistance.
Elemental resistance types are: Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison, Light, Dark
Elemental resistance go from 0 to 100% (100% == elemental damage immunity of specific type)
Unit can have 2 evasion types, normal attack evasion and elemental damage evasion.
Each evasion type can evade attack completely or perceptually (100% evasion == miss).
Each damage modifier is applied to calculations at specific parts (armor reduction when armor reduction is calculated, critical damage when damage dealt to hp is calculated and so on).

Image show archive menu, where you can check and see your progress as well as units (enemies) you encountered so far. This screen will also hold statistic data related to battles with specific units, win/lose rate, units pros and cons, and so on. This being said, image presented will be achievable after battling all those units.

Attributes stats displayed on screen are done programmatically, so I can colorize buffed (increased/reduced) stats and so on.

And there you have it. I will work on heroes from this point forward (those are just units that database stats can be upgraded over time, to keep track of progress).

P.S. I'm still working for artist who will help me replace those "filtered" images with beautiful graphic.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.