• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HorseshoeCrab

Keywords:
crab horseshoe marine sea critter
Contents

HorseshoeCrab (Model)

Level 5
....looks like this model will be useful... Trilobites lives a long time... but horse-shoe crabs way outlived them...
although they are becoming slowly "out-dated" they are built for survival.... and the horse-shoe crabs crawling in the seas now are from the same stock as those crawling in the seas when giant orthocones and trilobites thrived and the first fish prowled...

hehe :lol:

Level 25
WarlordChris, these things exist in real life. And they're not related to lobsters in any way, shape or form

I fail to see how they even LOOK like lobsters

Anywho, gotta love horseshoe crabs. The underbelly is severe ownage. Unfortunantly, due to technical errors I can't download it to my WC3 computer, so can't see how it plays ingame

Level 1
nj on the model, but there are just two things u got wrong.
first thing is: horseshoe crabs arent endangered. i go to cape cod every summer and they r seriously thriving.
also, the "eyes" on the top of the head are more like lumps in real life. theyre real "eyes" are on their underside, but they cant really see, theyre just light receptors.
but more on topic, if i could rate itd be 5/5. :D

Level 7
Needs to be a way smaller file size for the model. 100 kb is a lot for an online map, we want to preserve as much space as possible. 50 kb would be good, 35 would be better.

Either way, great job!

On a side note, you will probably see this model in Undead Assault 2 1.4f as a new enemy (I might have to change that lobster texture too to make it look like a zombie thing...)