• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sephiroth

Reactions: deepstrasz
Yep, it's Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

The model has teamglow, but if you don't like it, just set the player color in the object editor from owner of unit to Neutral Hostile (Black).

The model was based on blademaster and also uses blademaster animations.

The model has a camera instead of portrait.
I might do a portrait for it some day, but for now it shall be with a camera.

Feel free to post comments and constructive criticism.

=== UPDATED (again) ===
New features:
Face has been redone
Added a glow effect to the blade

New features:
The sword is longer
The cape is longer
Spell animation added
Death and Dissipate animations made totally different
Face modified
Ribbon Emitter modified to fit the sword
Particle emitters added to spell and death animations

Keywords:
Final, Fantasy, VII, 7, Sephiroth
Contents

Sephiroth (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Works ingame, looks rather odd though, like his torso is oddly shaped.

M

Werewulf: Works ingame, looks rather odd though, like his torso is oddly shaped.

Level 3
It looks good, but I still prefer NOOOO1's sephiroth model more.

You should have made the coat, drag down over his legs instead of making it look like it merged with his legs... or atleast make it bigger, also as well his sword.

Neck doesn't look great, as well as the face looking a bit odd.

Its an okay model, it could be a lot better.

Level 3
N000001's sephiroth was a lot better looking, period. Animations to me were fine, his hair moved, his attacks were just as if he would attack, and it also look very much like him. The file size was big but not even as big as it says it is (1200 something kb, when it really was around 800). Saying that N000001's sephiroth is bad, is just wrong.

This model is fine, I never said it was bad, I just said it could be better. But, until then I'll wait for any further improvements on it, before I actually give my final judging rating for it.

Level 22
N0000000000001 models better. this one... it doesnt look to much like sephirioth at all. his face is kinda funky and his sword...whoa way too short. i remembered him being quite tall and having ultra long hair. so theres my constructive criticsm

Nice to see so many comments.

Firstly, yes I can make the sword longer and it will be.

I am not going to make the hair any longer, because I can't animate it. The longer the hair is, the more problems the fact that it is unanimated causes.

And the face, well it is a reskinned and somewhat edited Arthas face, but I'll try to add more Sephiroth look to it..

And the coat, I'll try to make it longer. It might suck in walk animations, but I'll try my best...

Thanks for all the comments, I'll update the model soon...

Edit: ===UPDATED===

I updated the model and fixed numerous things. The face might still be a bit odd, but I tried to make it look better.

The sword and cape are now longer and I have also added a spell animation and changed the death & dissipate completely to fit the "hero" better.

Comments & Criticism!

Level 3
Looks a lot better now, great job!!

the face looks a bit odd still thou, but still great job.

If you would take the head off from N0000001's sephiroth, give it somewhat a better skin, and place it on this one, it would be the perfect model of sephiroth.

Forget what i said about his face, for some reason it looks a bit odd in the picture, but in a game it looks fine.

Perfect ten, this is the best sephiroth model. Good job man.

And Yes, http://p-images.veoh.com/image.out?imageId=user-SephirothElite8.jpg&version=4

You really should make a model of this version of sephiroth too.

@Sgt. Johnson Did you test the model in-game? The blade is thin enough, at least in my opinion.

And yes, like I even mentioned myself earlier: The face might look a bit odd still. I guess I just ain't very good at "plastic surgery".

@gang_banger47 If I would do a portrait, I would have to do the whole face based on the arthas portrait, and it would be hard to make it match the current head...

I might maybe do a portrait later...

And about the anims. Well the blademaster animation set is closest to sephiroth's animations. And it is hard to make the sword act properly on other animations than blademaster ones, since whenever I change the rotations of the sword bone the swords animations get completely screwed up...

And about that kingdom hearts version. I might probably some day think about making it but currently I'm not interested...

And thanks for the comments

Kitabatake.

Sometimes, I think you are a self enthuaist. On almost every model of your's I've downloaded, your name is always somewhere. On the skin, the file name, the model.

How could we forget you with your name everywhere?

I think the blade is a bit to circular and flat at the end try seeing if you can use one of your samurai katana ends to mege with it.

@Elenai: Unfortunately I already deleted the pony tail bones when I deleted the blademaster head...
But I have managed to learn a little animating so I might still be able to make the hair move...

@Elfsilver Lord: Hehheh yes I like to put my name everywhere, does it harm anyone?
And did you test the model in-game? Since I don't think the blade looks too circular...

@Josh: His face? Ummm... He got an overdose of mako, ok?
I will try to fix it a bit more for the next version...

@HollowSword: no can do

@ZackSaw: Possibly. I will not guarantee anything, but I'm pretty sure I will make more some day.

Level 1
Hey, I love this model! But the only other model that your missing is ONE WINGED ANGEL FORM :O If you can please make that 9999/5 :O. Please make an one winged angel form for this model Kitabatake this model already owns but it own even more if you had One Winged Angel Model for Sephiroth Thanks :D

Sepheroth from FINAL FANTASY 7 not from Kingdom Hearts.

Also, if you want to make this model alot better, download oinkerwinkle's animation tranfer, transfer all the animations he currently has onto a blood mage, then edit the bloodmage to look like sephiroth, which will be easier because he (blood mage) already looks human.

@ the Model: Really good model, I cant remeber how sephiroth moves in FF7 though.

N0000000000000001's Sephiroth model blows.

TBC

TBC

Level 2
Superb use of the Blademaster. The effect on the sword is really neat!

However, I think the movement animation, stiff portrait, and (to a much lesser extent, as they gotta be really hard to do :\) the face detract from this model.

It is infinitely superior to that other Sephiroth model people are talking about.

Oh, er... And if you don't know, the path is "Sephiroth_By_Kitabatake.blp" without quotes.

Level 4
Very, very nice model everything is superb Except.
But the slam and walk animation.
when he walks his sword is nowhere near his hands
same for the slam animation.