• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two triggers for Reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!! missed me?
I would like to make a simple request, and give reputation in back.
PLEASE: Make sure you insert the trigger into a map so I open the map and copy/paste it to mine, please dont forget that, also GUI not vjass, thank you!
Okay the request is simple:
1)I would like to make the Steel Gate unable to be attacked from anything expect footman unit and/or someone with the item Circlet of Nobility. (For example if I try to attack the gate with Arthas hero I will be unable to do so. But if my arthas has circlet of nobility he can attack it.)

2)Can you make the units in very small area around grunt unit to lose 20% hp less when attacked from friend,enemy,what/ever? (For example if I attack someone around grunt and my damage is 100 he loses 80 hp)

IF you can't make both its OKAY I WILL STILL REP YOU FOR ONE but if you do both it will be very appreciated!

THANKS!

Last edited:
Level 6
I didn't find a way to do yourr first trigger but for the 2nd one all you really have to do is to change Crypt Lords Spiked Carapace spell.
Change the defense bonus to 0. Change Received Damage to 0.80 and set returned damage to 0.
Then set Area of Effect to 100 or whatever range you want :)

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
dude, this is not cool! please, read the rule..

Reputation "whoring" is strictly forbidden across the entire site.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Asking for reputation in a post, resource description, signature, etc
- Bribing people with reputation (ex: "I'll give you +rep if you do ___ for me)
- Giving the same user reputation multiple times in a short timespan with the intent of giving them more reputation than you could normally give at once
- Reputation "trading" (ex: "I'll rep you and you rep me back")
- Subliminal asking for reputation (ex: "Remember to rep people if they helped you/you found their post helpful!")

Level 10
dude, this is not cool! please, read the rule..

It's not bribing, the request has been fulfilled, and he only said that he'd rep him after it works. I say that is a very useful trigger and I might use it.
Edit: Oh, I read the first post. Sorry 'bout that.

Level 33
2)Can you make the units in very small area around grunt unit to lose 20% hp less when attacked from friend,enemy,what/ever? (For example if I attack someone around grunt and my damage is 100 he loses 80 hp)
I will rephrase your statement and you should tell me where is my wrong understanding, ok ?

Grunt (Enemy)
Footman x3 around Grunt (Enemy)
Arthas (Player)

When Arthas hit one of the Footman that is close to Grunt (200 range), Grunt takes damage too.

Is this what you wanted ?

Level 4
Nah grunt doesnt takes damage but only footman. I wanna use it for a Mantlet so when people get around the mantlet on castle sieges they lose hp harder, and enemies should destroy mantlets to defeat the sieger easier. I hope I explained. Also I am not bribing, I am only saying that if you help me I give you reputation, if you prefer it then I will only say "thanks" to you instead rep'ing. Bribe is like "Post on my map that this map is best made and I rep you" or "Say to admins that I never abused in forum so I dont get ban and I rep you", I am totally legal to rep someone for helping me in a Request at Requests Forum, as this is the way I thank him. If you feel unjust, contact admins..

Level 4
I didn't find a way to do yourr first trigger but for the 2nd one all you really have to do is to change Crypt Lords Spiked Carapace spell.
Change the defense bonus to 0. Change Received Damage to 0.80 and set returned damage to 0.
Then set Area of Effect to 100 or whatever range you want :)

Doesn't works.

Hey man, you have bumped twice within the last 48 hours. Please read the rules:

i am really sorry, its not like I do that in purpose im just dumb some times and i forget :/

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

These were really not easy requests at all. I had to use some work arounds.

1) I made the steel gate a building. I hope this is OK - I could think of no other way to do it.
2) The 20% reduce thing will only work if you are not using "Custom Value" for units. If you are, don't use the reduction system (delete it before importing).

Some results from tests

Blood Mage attacks Knight. No grunt.
HP: 800 -> 781
Blood Mage attacks Knight. Grunt present.
HP: 800 -> 786
Footman attacks gate
-> Able
Knight attacks gate
-> Unable
Hero attacks gate
-> Able with circlet. Unable without.

Download: [download the later one]
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Your first trigger is pretty simple.

• Nope
    • Events
      • Unit - Arcane Tower 0036 <gen> Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Orb of Frost) Equal to True
              • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Footman
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
Specific unit event, if/then/else (multiple actions), boolean comparison using hero - hero has item of type, and unit-type comparison. The action is unit - issue order with no target.

This is the closest thing I can come up with. If you want them to be able to attack it, but just deal no damage, it would look something like this:

• Nope
    • Events
      • Unit - Arcane Tower 0036 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of Arcane Tower 0036 <gen> to ((Life of Arcane Tower 0036 <gen>) + (Damage taken))
Basically the same thing as the first one, except it just modifies the life of the tower. The only issue is if it's almost dead (or you deal enough damage) then it will just destroy the tower. To alleviate this, we end up with a trigger looking like this:

• Nope
    • Events
      • Unit - Arcane Tower 0036 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Set Facing = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
          • Unit - Create 1 Arcane Tower for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Loc facing Facing degrees
          • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Damage taken)
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - (Last created unit) Takes damage)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
        • Else - Actions
The main differences are that I changed everything to triggering unit (it should still work the same) and I made it so that if the tower is dead (lost more health than it had) then it recreates the tower with the amount of damage it took (which should place it back where it was health-wise, hopefully seamlessly).

I'm not sure if this 3rd trigger works, so be careful. The 1st one is the best imo, and the 3rd is the best looking. The 2nd looks better than the 1st and is simpler than the 3rd, but has the major flaw which I listed.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Could you please tell me how to do this when they are in GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.