• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

charging/ flying spell plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im am looking for a spell that throws the hero forward at the same time making him invulnerable and flying. since i don't know shit about triggers and trying to learn just confuses me it would be great if you just made a spell for me. p.s. it probably based off of immolation or shockwave. any useful help would be appreciated

Level 5
Could you be a bit more specific please?
When is the hero tossed around (active spell (on caster himself or another target unit?), comes close to a certain unit, when being hit by unit with ability...)?
How far should the hero be tossed? Is it more like a jump? (-> facing the tossed direction)?
How long does this invulnerable / flying status last?
Does the spell need to be MUI?

Level 4
this pell basicly makes the hero fly 240 for a distance of 800 used as a taget spell doing major damage to the target and doing minor damage to anything within 200 distance of spell. the flyer goes at a speed of 500 and then lands as soon as the hero gets to the end same for the invunerablity. yes it is like a jump

Level 5
Ok, two further questions:
Do you jump to a location or do you want the aquired target to be a unit that can move around freely and your jump being adjusted to that (I know, a 'little' unrealistic ^^)?
In addition: if the latter should be the case, would you want a max range to jump? E.g. it would be pretty funny (and deadly) if the target is teleporting away and you jump through the whole map into the opposing fountain area or such :D
Another thing bothering me would be in that case, that max ms is 522... so basically the target could under circumstances move faster than your jumper..?

Apart from that, I try to recollect what I've understood so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):
-caster jumps towards a target
-affects only himself, triggered by target aquisition
-usual range (or if you jump to location of unit a max range) of 800.
-you cannot target this spell on the ground, you MUST target a unit.
-legal targets are enemy units
-damage is done foes only in range, not caster himself or allies
-jumping unit is invulnerable during jump time (since removing invulnerability causes some problems ingame with lasting effects, as far as I recall, I'd use magic immunity + temporary extreme high armour instead?)

If you would take your time to answer these questions, I'm confident I could make you a test map during the next few days (stuck with learning for uni atm -> not much time today -.-).

Level 5
Took me a bit time since I tried creating the spell form scratch but did some serious mistakes.
In the end, I've mostly used more or less exact the stuff that RMX did in his GUI starters spell map.. link can be found under triggers -> credits in the map file.
Oh, and I hope I've fixed all leaks.. not 100% sure about the group one, though..

EDIT: Rewrote spell so that it works with hashtables instead of arrays now... less variables, less chaos, this time fixed the group leak for sure.
One disadvantage though (not really ^^): Per unit now only 1 instance may be run at the same time... (so refreshing abilities and being very fast with new target would bug old order and instead change to new target, causing a very strange flight movement :grin:).

Attachments

• jump in hash.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.