• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

October 2013 News Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30

194715-albums6441-picture69839.png

194715-albums6441-picture71554.jpg

Terrain work by Alagremm

:vw_wtf: If everyone is asking what happened to the August and September news batch, I've been away from inactivity here due to my present time of education for the last 2 months. I should apologize for not spreading the news, so to catch things up, I will discontinue the release of the August and September and carry on for the release of this October thread. Hopefully this won't be tolerated again.

:fp: However, I should still post the Top 3 resources of Maps uploaded and approved at August.

:fp: I made a new look for the monthly news batch, I'm still working on a better design view, do please post a feed back if you have something in mind with the new template.

:fp: Do you have any important information to spread among the community by means of Warcraft III, Starcraft II, or Diablo III news worthy? or above the category?. If you do, please post it at Staff Contact for we the Staff can inspect it first before we announce it for site news.

194715-albums6441-picture71525.jpg

Terrain work by MaD[Lion]

194715-albums6441-picture71545.jpg

Terrain work by Oziris

Iceborn - is a fully voice acted, quite short gameplay, single player, fantasy RPG with riddle & puzzle elements, unique environment, intense RPG action and completely custom plot. Gameplay may contain various mind games, RPG-like quests, hidden items and unique, but simple, systems. Take a role of an Iceborn, a frost / energy spellcaster, in completely custom plot and go through unexplored world of Frostsky that may demand skills of observation, problem solving and proper use of spells towards hack'n'slash. Map's size may be tremendous due to large amount of imports as I seek for best atmosphere quality I can make.

This map development has been chosen as the Top Project Spotlight for August
(because of my inactivity, the supposed August news batch announcement for this will be posted for this thread instead.)

194715-albums6441-picture71542.png

Artwork by Mr.Goblin

• Mini-Game Mapping Contest #8 - Escape
    • Contestants are required to create any type of escape map - For example the
      main characters are expected to run away from something, or someone, while
      keeping their heads on their shoulders..

194715-albums6441-picture71546.jpg

No Quizzes Available. :cry:

194715-albums6441-picture71528.jpg

Made in China

BETA Testers - Is a social group dedicated to testing BETA-related maps in the map development forums. Giving feed backs, suggestions up to helping the user itself, this group is accounted for contributing this site with good provisions.

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture72339.png[/img]
HOSTED PROJECT BY: Bibendus

This map is freely inspired by Dungeon Keeper 2 but all the game will be transported to the starcraft universe. That means that all DK units, rooms and spells will be converted in SC2 units, giving them similar roles and abilities as they had in the original game.

Hive Keeper's Map version v0.96 BETA is finally released! see the changelog here: LINK
[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2982/topten3.png[/img]
SEE THE WORKS OF ART HERE: LINK

This is the hive workshop's top ten list of terrain works. It contains the
top ten best looking and most appealing terrains on the hive. The list will be updated regularly to give new and
veteran terrain makers a chance to get on the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.