• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mage Armor v2

124756-albums909-picture9932.jpg
A new experimental armor attachment/item/decoration model.
Attach to the 'chest' attachment point of a unit

- Has 'Birth' and 'Death' animations and a Camera for item use
- Has 'Stand Second' and 'Stand Third' animations to support more unit types
- Has Teamcolour
- Uses only in-game textures
- Filesize: 9kb

Originally designed for Blademaster type of models but it should somewhat decently fit quite many other models as well.

- If you are using this attachment on a blademaster or blademaster based model, no problem

- If you are using this attachment on a demon hunter based model, you must go to object editor and set "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments" of that unit to "Second". Otherwise the model will appear far too high.

- If you are using a regular unit model (such as footman, peasant, priest...), you must go to object editor and set "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments" of that unit to "Third"

- If you are using a custom model, try out which setting works best

Version 1.02
The attachment is now more compatible with the villager (male) model
(just remember to apply the "Third" to the unit's "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments")

Version 1.01
Fixed the positioning a bit

Version 1.00
First upload

Give credits if you use it.
Comments & Constructive criticism appreciated!

Keywords:
Mage, Wizard, Armor, Armour, Attachment, Item, v2
Contents

Mage Armor v2 (Model)

Reviews
17:23, 20th Mar 2009 Pyritie: A great example of a chest attachment designed to fit a wide variety of models.

M

17:23, 20th Mar 2009
Pyritie: A great example of a chest attachment designed to fit a wide variety of models.

Level 2
Looks great, just wondering what it looks like on the model.

Has anyeone tested this on a model?
If so, please give some feedback.

Level 1
Can u make some more helms ?? there is not many helms on hive and the one u already maked is rly nice.

Level 8
Pretty sweet, but when it does the birth animation it spawns slightly upwards, then adjusts to the unit. 4/5, your array of armors are extremely useful!

Level 1
Do this armor works with villager ? I need this armor but this armor i too high. PLZ help me!:ugly:if any can speak polish:ugly: PLZ help me :ugly:

And i have one more question:
Why when my hero attack this armor "die"?

SRY for mistakes

TY Kitabatake

Last edited:
Do this armor works with villager ? I need this armor but this armor i too high. PLZ help me!:ugly:
Look at the model description and the first post in this thread (here)
You need to set the "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments" of your villager to "Third".

And i have one more question:
Why when my hero attack this armor "die"?

You are probably using "Sphere" ability to attach this armor, and it is typical for that ability to kill the attachment whenever the unit attacks (although you will not notice this with attachments that lack death animation)

To fix this, you must simply attach the armor with either a trigger or some other ability than sphere (for example a modified Aura ability).

UPDATE

(as long as you remember to apply the "Third" to the unit's "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments")

attachment.php

im trying to attach this one to a villager male with an item but when i pick it up:

Target attachment point 1 - Shows up on the head
Target attachment point 2 - Shows up on the legs
Did you attach the model to the villager's "chest" attachment point?
Did you set the "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments" of the villager to "Third"?

Attachments

• Compatibility update.jpg
    Compatibility update.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 433
Level 5
UPDATE

(as long as you remember to apply the "Third" to the unit's "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments")

50284d1237710393-mage-armor-v2-compatibility-update.jpg

Did you attach the model to the villager's "chest" attachment point?
Did you set the "Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments" of the villager to "Third"?

Ok. now the armor have the right height but now it goes to mutch to the front. It is possible to see his back.

OBS i mean mercenary armor
-------

actualy its all the armors except The mage armor

Attachments

• wtf.JPG
    wtf.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 149
Ok. now the armor have the right height but now it goes to mutch to the front. It is possible to see his back.

OBS i mean mercenary armor
-------

actualy its all the armors except The mage armor
Try re-downloading the armor attachments because I updated them recently to fit the villager model better

Level 2
still not hanging in the air and rotating? :(. Pleeease, include in the archives separate models for items, rotating and glowing yellow! I tried to use that tool where I type the path to the attachment model and have an item model, but it has problems with camera and death animation. I'm still looking for item models for my map. Although your attachments are wonderful, I don't use any attachments at all...

Level 13
Wow... I thought it was impossible to make one armor for all the units!
But this is incredible!!

Jo kitabatake, i have a serious problem.
I attach all the items in my map, with an abillity and everything seems to work, but if he starts to fight(i use the RPGhuman model from hive) the armor dissapears and if he stops it appears again.

Is it wrong to attach with abillitys`?
Attach with a trigger or an aura. If you use sphere ability, it will display death animation during attacks.

why is my armor on their head but i put target attachment point chest??
Make sure you have set the correct required attachment animation name for the unit. If none of the animation names work then you're using a unit that cannot wield this armor.