• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need Beta testers!!! Murloc campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need Beta testers!!! I just finished my Murloc's campaign map, (first one) I have done lots of beta testing, and fixed everything i know i can. but i could still use beta testers and some people to help clean it all up...

Bugs that i need help removing are:

When you pick up a turtle shell, Sometimes there are floating turtle shell attachments on other units...
(easy) Human Sounds, like "Jobs done" and "need more gold" needs to be removed.
The 4th piece of the custom UI is not there, when it should be... (others have the same problem, look at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/humanuitile04-blp-121511/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=30 for more information...

If anyone can clean it up, make the file size smaller, go ahead, and then let me know what you change.

Any grammar/spelling errors, i would like posted here, so i can fix them.

any ideas on improvements, more quests, or anything, i would like posted here.

and if someone could PLEASE make the storm, in the end cinematic look better, cleaner, smoother, it would be awesome. (maybe more lightning in the background, and definitely making the camera look better.)

I need some good icons, (for the Shell item, Mur'Gulth, and Mar'Karn. BTN & DISBTN)

I need a good "bunker" my current one doesn't have a build animation, and i can't make one without the permission of the guy, who hasn't been logged into the site where i got it in years... if you make it, you DON'T need to animate it if you don't want to... Just make it ready for animation, and give me permission to animate. :p It should be make of 5 shells, about the size of the turtle shells in-game. i don't care much about the rest, as long as it looks like you would see it in the game.

And lastly, What do you think of my game?!?! would you want to play the next level, see what happens next? do you like the first person camera angle, the third, or the normal camera angle???

I have been spending countless hours on this for the past few weeks. good help will be +rep'd and credited.

~Wave.

~Edit~ added details. and there currently seems to be a problem uploading the map.. see post #7 for a DL. :p

Last edited:
Level 3
Can you post the map to make it easier for checking out for bugs etc?
If needed i can beta test.

Level 3
When you choose Normal Camera and touches the arrows the murlocs moves around, that need to be fixed imo :) took me long to figure out that it was the arrow keys that made it, though that it moved by itself :p

When i switched from Mur'gulth to Marikarn the camera locked at the target, that need to be fixed.

After a while the camera went like this, and wasn't able to scroll up/down http://img705.imageshack.us/i/abciu.jpg/
Making me unable to play :) so gonna test again tommorow, cuz i dont have more time today :p

Otherwise, the gameplay was funny, the quests was pretty nice to, gathering material for a bunker to hide in when a storm arrives.
That you can choose different cameras makes the game funnier to play + being able to switch heroes :)
Font text was nice, terraining was also nice.

Just need some fixes here and there, overall for the time i played i enjoyed it, so i'll give it 3/5 for now... :)

/Tozza

Level 8
When you choose Normal Camera and touches the arrows the murlocs moves around, that need to be fixed imo :) took me long to figure out that it was the arrow keys that made it, though that it moved by itself :p

When i switched from Mur'gulth to Marikarn the camera locked at the target, that need to be fixed.

After a while the camera went like this, and wasn't able to scroll up/down http://img705.imageshack.us/i/abciu.jpg/
Making me unable to play :) so gonna test again tommorow, cuz i dont have more time today :p

Otherwise, the gameplay was funny, the quests was pretty nice to, gathering material for a bunker to hide in when a storm arrives.
That you can choose different cameras makes the game funnier to play + being able to switch heroes :)
Font text was nice, terraining was also nice.

Just need some fixes here and there, overall for the time i played i enjoyed it, so i'll give it 3/5 for now... :)

/Tozza

I'm glad you liked it. The camera and heroes were options i wanted from day.1.

The camera lock, that you linked was due to the hill i believe, right? there is a trigger that changes your view, i guess i have to set it up to work on all three cameras, not just camera 3 :p

The camera locking to target was intentional, I am not sure if i want it so that you can free roam, and leave your unit... opinions on that? as is the arrow keys, i mean, it's not like you were going to use them for something else anyways... :p

And how was the sound?

Changelog
Made it so that when you go up the mountain, your camera is only altered in the third person.
Fixed a bug with the frog that my 5 year old brother found :p

Attachments

• Murlockcamp1.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Level 3
I'm glad you liked it. The camera and heroes were options i wanted from day.1.

The camera lock, that you linked was due to the hill i believe, right? there is a trigger that changes your view, i guess i have to set it up to work on all three cameras, not just camera 3 :p

The camera locking to target was intentional, I am not sure if i want it so that you can free roam, and leave your unit... opinions on that? as is the arrow keys, i mean, it's not like you were going to use them for something else anyways... :p

And how was the sound?

Changelog
Made it so that when you go up the mountain, your camera is only altered in the third person.
Fixed a bug with the frog that my 5 year old brother found :p

Yes, it was due to the hill the camera bugged :)

About the camera locking it is okay, only if it is for the quest where you get 2 heroes.

About the arrow keys, you usually use them for moving the camera around instead of using mouse for it :p

Nice done with the camera fix :)
Seems like your brother going to be a pro when he grows up :)

About the sound i didn't listen that much XD going to test the map when i get home and i'll give you new respons...

/Tozza

Status
Not open for further replies.