• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Glory to the Scourge!

What do you think I should improve?

• Improve more Terrains.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Change some parts of the history.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Improve the Doodads.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Improve the Grammar.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • All from above.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Glory to the Scourge

----
33wv3x0.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2zfl7xg.jpg

"After Arthas becoming the Lich King, he commands his troops in Lordaeron to exterminate everyone who pose a threat to the Scourge. So they can dominate the ruined kingdom, and then all Azeroth."

An alternative story of what happened to the Scourge after Arthas became the Lich King.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2afcql4.jpg

- Three main characters.
- The storyline is somewhat equal to WOW, but most were created by me.
- Custom models, icons and skins, making diferent and unique units.
- Every hero have an unique unit in their
base every mission, however they cannot be trained again (if dies).
- Anti Cheats enabled

5frs0l.jpg

-Kel'Thuzad: Kel'Thuzad was the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King responsible for the spreading of the plague of undeath across Lordaeron in the Third War. And now, will fight for the new Lich King while Lordaeron is at war.

-Araj the Summoner: Araj the Summoner, the former headmaster of the Scholomance, is now the ruler of the Ruins of Andorhal. But now, he shall go to the battlefield!

-Baron Rivendare: Baron Rivendare is a powerful Death Knight in the service of the Lich King, he rules of Stratholme in the Scourge's name. He once battled for his Dark Master, and he shall do so again!

More characters: Sylvanas Windrunner, Saidan Dathrohan, Balnazar, Varimathras, Lich King, Herod and more!

ea0310.jpg

Red Color - No work done.
Yellow Color - Some work done.
Green Color - Finished.
Interlude - The Scourge - 100%
Chapter 1 - Endless Affairs - 95%
Chapter 2 - Siege of Andorhal - 75%
Chapter 3 - Dark Alliance - 45%
Chapter 4 - War in Stratholme - 25%
Cinematic 1 - Begin of the End - 100%
Chapter 5 - Hunting the Demon - 25%

More chapters will be added while the progress is being done.
Beta Version after chapters 5 is done.
----

mczww0.jpg

233247-albums7031-picture92410.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92411.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92412.jpg
[r]
233247-albums7031-picture92413.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92414.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92415.jpg
[r]
233247-albums7031-picture92416.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92417.jpg
[c]
233247-albums7031-picture92418.jpg

Thanks to Forsaken, who made thread's style and gave me many advices!

[TD]
Project Signature (Support!)
Resized Version

233247-albums7031-picture87275.jpg
Code:
[plain][url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/glory-scourge-246639/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/223963-albums7409-picture86054.jpg[/IMG][/url][/plain]
Original Version

233247-albums7031-picture87276.jpg
Code:
[plain][url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/glory-scourge-246639/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/223963-albums7409-picture85798.jpg[/IMG][/url][/plain]

Got any questions or suggestions? Feel free to post!
----
[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
This seems like a very interesting project, I think I'll subscribe.

It seems like right now we've got all the campaigns being produce my Tales of the Alliance, Tides of War and now Glory to the Scourge. I really like the new vibe for campaign making, it's inspiring.

One question, how much of the WoW lore will be featured and how much custom story/plot will you be working with? Also I'm curious as to how many custom characters you'll use to mix up the standard lore-set. I think a new character of your own design would be nice to see.

Level 11
Um, Warchief Thrall. Working alone could kind of end up bad. As most people who work alone require help or eventually get bored because they do their project alone. However, if you're up for it. Good luck, I guess.

Also, your screenshots are broken. I can't view them. Is your album, which holds the pictures, set for "Public" or "Friends" only? Because maybe that's what causes the problem. Other then that. I hope the lore is well fitting and well thought off. Good luck.

Um, Warchief Thrall. Working alone could kind of end up bad. As most people who work alone require help or eventually get bored because they do their project alone. However, if you're up for it. Good luck, I guess.

Well it depends I mean a campaign can easily be made by one person if they keep up a work pace and you only get the problems you describe if they are doing say a mod or something of that kind.

Level 11
One question, how much of the WoW lore will be featured and how much custom story/plot will you be working with? Also I'm curious as to how many custom characters you'll use to mix up the standard lore-set. I think a new character of your own design would be nice to see.

Well, during battles against the Scarlet Crusade will be all mixed up. For example, Caer Darrow is attacked in the campaign, but not in WOW, and Andorhal is attacked in the campaign as well as in WOW. And about the custom character, I'm still thinking about the name, I will use the model, the skills he will need and things like that. But surely there will be a custom character.

I will not have these problems.

Also, your screenshots are broken. I can't view them. Is your album, which holds the pictures, set for "Public" or "Friends" only? Because maybe that's what causes the problem. Other then that. I hope the lore is well fitting and well thought off. Good luck.

Problem solved :)

Level 5
The scarlet crusade became corrupted after balnazzar possesed Saidan's Body.Actually he killed him first and then entered his souless body.Then the scusade started something like mutiny and those not loyal to demons called Tirion and Renault forged the Argent dawn.After Renault died Tirion is now the Commander of the Argent Dawn and HighLord of Mardenhold Keep wich he retook from the scourge

Well yeah I know my lore but it was only the high leadership that was 'corrupted' by definition the rest were just deceived into doing what they did as opposed to doing it under the direct influence.

Actually Tirion made the Argent Dawn after his son, who was a Scarlet Crusader, and who realized the insanity of their actions decided to defect but was killed.

Well you were pretty much right as well just a little clarification was needed, I think. You know your lore.

@Warchief-Thrall I would spice up the terrain a little especially in the Undead base. Use dead shrubs and a few Northrend doodads. In playable terrain it doesn't need to be that detailed but when it's used in cinematics a little more sprucing up is needed.

Also I don't think a campaign needs custom resources per say, it's trying to find the balance that is difficult. I especially found that problem when I began reaching further levels of my own campaign so I hope you use what needs using.

Last edited:
No I don't, if I didn't get one I decided to just do it myself and make it simplistic but good enough to serve it's purpose. I mean, I can do AIs just they're not very advanced or foolproof.

This is getting a little off topic though so if you want to discuss it with me you're more than welcome over VM.

Level 11
I wouldn't have called him "Corrupted Paladin" because the Paladins in the Scarlet Crusade weren't corrupted per say (I am of course not counting the ones possessed by demons) but were merely very fanatical in their devotion to the destruction of evil.

@Warchief-Thrall I would spice up the terrain a little especially in the Undead base. Use dead shrubs and a few Northrend doodads. In playable terrain it doesn't need to be that detailed but when it's used in cinematics a little more sprucing up is needed.

Also I don't think a campaign needs custom resources per say, it's trying to find the balance that is difficult. I especially found that problem when I began reaching further levels of my own campaign so I hope you use what needs using.

Well, about the Paladins, this campaign is mixed between WOW lore and a customized story, so I guess that's OK. And about the custom resources, I really tried to put, but always appears that green/black box. I'm still trying to find out what's causing that. I want some custom models, doodads, skins...

Level 26

I disagree, I even think that working alone on a project is better because you have a full freedom over what you want to do with it. Well, it really depends on the creator of the project. I prefer to work alone, but some people might prefer to work with more people.

Anyway, good luck with the project, Warchief-Thrall, it seems really interesting.

Level 11
"Cinematic 5-The Banshee Queen's defeat - 0%" I dis-approve this chapter :(

any notable progress?

Well, Chapters 3 and 4 are almost ready, I just have to work on the Triggers. And I'm working a bit on the Terrain of Cinematic 2. Then I'll do the Cinematic 1 and release the Beta Version :)
And sorry about Sylvanas, but this is her destiny...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.