• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDarkMatter

Dark Matter from Final Fantasy IX with some minor changes. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but it was hard enough to get it done. >_>
Card075.png

4ibGh14W5q.png
wnmaSrmhv2.PNG

Please give credits if used.
Don't edit without my permission.

Remember that JPG-previews feature lower quality than the actual icon.

TIvOC5xQl3.png
2t8UNqqkJa.png
0034EqSuhC.png

Here are 3 colour variations of this icon.

Keywords:
Dark, Matter, Orb, Shadow, Energy, Blast, Surge
Contents

BTNDarkMatter (Icon)

Reviews
23:58, 11th Feb 2012 Pyramidhe@d: Looks great. Good colour and is very useful.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

23:58, 11th Feb 2012
Pyramidhe@d: Looks great. Good colour and is very useful.

I like it, I am not sure how you could say that you're bad at shading.
Shading's not the problem, but catching the right "feeling" and textures. You see, the Dark Matter has a structure similar to a Palantir, which I recently did, but due to it's different shape and angle of inclusions, it was quite hard for me to grasp the right "feeling". So I just tried the best I could, though not going crazy over it.
That's also why I changed the SFX of it (the purple thingy in the middle). Mine here's like some starburst, while the original one is like an ocean increasing in size (considering a cutscene from the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.