• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Apply here] Project (co)leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Greetings Hivers.

I think its necessary that I split command to more people. It will make things more organized and faster done.
Please note that I take end descissions, therefor if you want to have an idea approved or disapproved talk to me about it.

Currently I need people for these positions:
- Model leader
- Idea submisser leader
- Unit creation leader

People in the field:
- Septimus - Hero Co-leader (unconfirmed)
- HailFireer - Icon Co-leader & Item Co-leader (unconfirmed)
- Anachron & watermelon_1234 - Code Co-leader (confirmed)

Thanks for your effort and awesome help people!

Last edited:
Level 11
Well, if you want, I'll be happy to lead icons (although, since I can't code really good, can't do much to make them ><).
I just don't understand idea submission leader. I mean, there are ideas for heroes (which are taken care by hero leader), and items (taken care of item leader) and such, so what ideas submissions does he lead.

I will also be in model team if you need me.

As for units, I did make the first concept, but even to me it starting to look bad. It is balanced, but...

Most of the people here have no idea what it takes to make an AoS. They simply follow Dota as much as they can, and yet they help. Fortunately for us Xarwin knows what he is doing.
You can be of great help to HailFire in items, or you can help balance units. If you want to, you can even help by being a Beta Tester co-leader (you get beta testers for us and organize tests). As you see there is plenty of things you can do to help Xarwin.

Level 19
You know, I am going to bump the original thread.
Many users subscribed to it and will surely check it out.

And Flame_Phoenix, thanks I guess :p

Edit: oh yes, I simply can not create any subforums and don't count on getting it.
If I'd request it count a week or two to get it. Well, I should simply get up a website for it I guess.

Level 11
Ye of course. Didn't I sign up for that? Ah wait icons. I read that as items. Lol. I can do both, since they are closely integrated. As long as I don't need to make any icons. Tho, we will probably have only special icons made.

After warning Xarwin of my decision I have decided who should replace me. It is with great grief that I walk away from my position, but I do so knowing that others will do a better job than I did, and I do so knowing that this is the best thing for the project, or at least, this is what I truly believe.

I would like to elect a teamed co-leadership for the coding section of the project. I would like both Anachron and watermellon_1234 to for a cohesive leadership force to guide the coders.
I have elected these two people based on the effort and interest that they showed on the project.
Please post here, as I need to know if the people I have elected are available for the positions.

I will change the post as soon as I get a confirmation. I also give all my powers to both these people, and I officially resign my position.

Gentleman, it was an honour working with you all, Flame_Phoenix.

Level 19
Great to see you guys are settled, but do you really think this small team of coders can finish all of those spells and system we need (most system are done, its about the spells!)
I don't want to sound rude, I know you guys are awesome.
But I hope you get my point.

Level 7
Um, if you want, I can help with something too... Let me see... maybe idea submisser? so, what to do now? I need to submit a lot of ideas, right? Gonna look into that right away :) But don't expect much of a good work, since i have little to no time on my hand o_O school started, so...

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok, so I still have some free time. I am last year in high school right now, so collage is up next, I need to get ready and stuff.

I am still willing to be item idea leader, and to answer questions, but that is it. I do not have time to make models(although you didn't ask me to make any) and do something on the map itself.

Level 19
Yes, the terrain is currently done for the alpha version.
At the moment I'm in need for people to create spells (there is a thread about it).

I am going to reorganize some stuff here whenever I find the time.
I am currently still working solo on the rest of the map with some help here and there, which is of course slower progress.

Can i be in charge of unit creation?
I can also create spells if you want me too.
Overall, i can do anything, except icons and models.
I can also test the map if you want.
Coding is also my thing. If you need any help, just ask.

(Yes, i'm the kind of guy who can help you a lot, but not 24/7, and i have a perfectly logical explanation for that. I'm not a bot :p)

Please accept this request, i'm working on an AoS map myself, so i'm pretty much used to the stress of managing hundreds of variables and triggers and spells.

Plus, i have a Multiboard "system" that i can give you. It's triggers are super-long, but they create 0 lag because they are huge "if/then/else" loops, meaning that only some of them will run. (In this case only 5 :D)

I hope that you can allow me to be part of the development of this map.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.