• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Flavor Text Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Here are some awesome item flavor texts by Pourquoi. I laughed really hard. Now just imagine them with fitting icons :D

Toy Sword: It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then you get XP and gold.
Woodsman's Hatchet: A hatchetless woodsman is crying somewhere. I hope you're happy.
Magic Wand: Why is it when a stick has any magic at all it's suddenly a wand?
<A> of <B>: Is '<B>' a word? Maybe it's the brand name.
Training Sword: It's rounded off on the end. There's writing on the blade that says 'Stick 'em with the pointy end'.
Glowing <...>: Batteries included. Still doesn't seem right, though.
Brutal Axe: When killing something with a regular axe just isn't brutal enough...
Pirate's Cutlass: Because no self-respecting pirate stereotype would be caught dead with a straight sword.
The Rock: It's a massive stone hammer. It's called 'The Rock' because 'Dwayne Johnson' sounds less threatening.
Goth Staff: I think it's actually called Infinite Despair, but it's totally goth. It's got a skull and everything.
Hardcore Staff: Show off your awesome skills. Try not to hit the furniture or end up on YouTube.
Murderer's Axe: There's really no question about its use.
Forest Hammer: That is to say it's a rock tied to a stick.
Pike: Not a fish.
Unliving Sword: Not really that strange, given that most swords aren't alive.
Future Bow: It's from the future.
Crescent Staff: Maybe this is what they used to open those cans of tuna.
Ice Hammer: Using it is like hitting people with a really hard snowball that never breaks!
Venomous Fangs: Juggling these would be a bad idea.
<...>: Cuts through nearly nothing.

Kite Shield: Kite Shields are often used by knights. Possibly because 'knight" and "kite' rhyme. But probably not.
Bronze Shield: A bronze squarish shield. Obviously.
Leather Helm: A leatherish helm to protect your noggin.
<...>: This is the <...>. Its name is stupid.
<...> Robe: A robe <...>. It has 'mind-enhancing' effects.
Crystal Ball: A clear crystal orb. It's probably magical. I mean, everything else is...
Runestone: A magical runestone that's totally not a potato.
Trousers: Generic grey office trousers, meant to prevent you from standing out. But at least they let you stand UP without shaming yourself!!!!
Shirt: A fancy pink shirt and brown tie that you think make you look like a man of good taste. You are deluded.
Flowers: A bouquet of flowers. They're a convenient way of expressing emotions if you lack the capacity to do so verbally, which you certainly do!
Brush: I think someone needs to invent a toothbrush that doubles as a hair brush and toilet brush so then you don't have to buy all three!

Level 16
Magic Blouse: This piece of everyday clothing is magically enchanted to provide enhanced defence. But why?!?
Wooden Shield: A round shield made of wood. Pretty light, but offers only some small protection. Good for poor people!
<...>: A suit of heavy armour, forged for and worn by a legendary Paladin. It's meant to represent the rigidity and... protection of the Paladin Code or something?
Regal Crown: A golden crown that once belonged to some kind of monarch. Looks expensive!
Elf Cap: A lovely green cap thing, worn by young heroes out to save their worlds from evil pig men.
<...>: A <...> which is attuned to the physical wavelengths and body chakras such that it increases the potential of the body of the wearer. Or something like that.
<...>: A <...> which is attuned to the mental wavelengths and mind chakras such that it increases the potential of the mind of the wearer. Or something like that.
Amethyst: A coloured variety of quartz, usually used to adorn jewellery or armour. It's superstitiously believed to protect from intoxication, but this has never been proved in the slightest.
Keyblade: No, this has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts. Nothing at all. It's not even a reference to it or anything.
<...>: This is rather unpleasant. Why did you pick it up? Ew.
Bone: An old bone from some kind of creature that presumably had a skeleton.
Pixie Dust: A rare type of magical dust which pixies naturally produce. It doesn't allow you to fly, unfortunately.
Zombie Hand: It's, uh, a zombie's hand... What would you want THAT for? Practical jokes, probably. You sicken me.
Warp Stone: A type of magical stone that can somehow allow a person to travel as if casting the Warp spell. You can't use it though. Why? Because. Shut up.
Big Creepy Eye: A large, squishy eyeball. It seems to be constantly watching you...
<...>: You managed to finally get that <...> that you always dreamed of, thus furthering your rise to Omnipotent Overlord. One day. Then they'll see.
Steel Staff: Warning: Do not use during thunderstorms.

Viper Claw: But vipers don't even HAVE claws!!!1 (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpclawsofthegrove-145233)
<...>: A generic <...> made of <...>. It has a small lapis lazuli in the hilt that doesn't do anything at all!
Mythril Sword: A sword forged from the highly unique-to-this-setting metal called 'mythril'. It's not an especially exciting sword. Its favourite colour is probably grey.
(Nature-related thingy): A semi-legendary <...> used by some great Shaman hero eons ago. It is said that when he died, a forest grew around his grave, and his <...> was lost deep within it. Or something to that effect.
Spear: A simple spear often used by generic, expendable soldiers.
Stick: A large, sturdy stick, found on the gr- no! It's a Mighty Hero's Magic Sword, of course!
(material) (item name) : A <...> made of... well, you can probably work it out somehow.
Bone Axe: A primitive but effective axe, made from the thigh bone of a large beast and the pelvis-type thing of some probably different beast, maybe.
Boneslicer: A sword made from the bones of some great dead beast, meant for slicing the bones of other great beasts.
Heart Pendant: It has a love heart at the locket! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnheartamulet-220312
Fairy Feather: A delicate feather made by forest spirits, out of forest spirits! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpiercingfeathersblue-94367

Level 4
Hmm okay, so, this could or could not be the brightest idea ever, but here goes;

From part two;

<...>: This is the <...>. Its name is stupid.
Freakin' Emmental Cheez!: This is the cheese you're looking for. Its name is stupid.

Btw I second that viper claw; what about those claw vipers from Diablo 2, act II? D:

Level 7
Btw I second that viper claw; what about those claw vipers from Diablo 2, act II? D:
Nah, I just thought of that text when seeing a 'Viper Claw' item in some random Flash game.

Level 20
I'm not very good with English (I'm from Venezuela), lets see how it goes:

- Diapers: Warning: Biohazard.
- Gum: With citrus thing on the center!
- Lollypop: Do you have what it takes to reach its core?
- Dentist Drill: Sounds as hell, hurts as well.
- Scissors: Run at your own risk
- Toilet Smelly Tablet: Smells like it's has been already used
- Book: Reading never killed anyone. Be the first!

Status
Not open for further replies.