• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] The Lone Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The Lone Panther and The Sect of the Holy Mother

The Tales of Kaliim

The Sect of the Holy Mother and The Lone Panther are cinematic series which are part of the Tales of Kaliim, made by me, Nikola Luburic. Screenshots of the cinematics can be found here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What exactly is Kaliim?

Kaliim is a continent in the fictional world I created called Gurgir. For the time being it is unknown if there are other continents in this realm and if there ever wore. A map of Kaliim can be found here [Please note that the map isn't even remotely finished. I add cities and landmarks as the story in my cinematic series progresses.]

2. What is the main plot in the Sect of the Holy Mother?

The Sect of the Holy Mother follows an adventurer Nikola Luburic(cleverly named after me) who saves the world with the help of his three friends from the Serpent, an ancient evil entity who works as a hand of the Holy Mother, an old god of evil and destruction. After losing his friends Nikola finds out that the Serpent has not been fully defeated and sets on a quest with many twists and turns to stop the coming of the Holy Mother and finally destroy his arch rival. The story takes place in the former province of Belia, in the counties of Red Stone, Braintree and Rudrig(However, the final part briefly takes the viewer to the province of Licentia and the county of Ashfield). It is set at the end of the Murdig era, named after a general and king who freed Belia, Ristix and a part of Ornusager from Licentia's rule.

3. What is the main plot in the Lone Panther?

The Lone Panther follows a bounty hunter, Henry Pediment who is the son of one of the main characters in the previous series. The story is set about 25-30 years after the events in the Sect of the Holy Mother series, on the brink of a new era, named after the savior of Kaliim, Nikola. So far the story has been set in the county of Ashfield and Deadman's Isles. A regime, similar to the one above will be released once all or most of the cinematics will be released.

4. Do you plan to make a new, third cinematic series?

I would very much like to. However, warcraft is like a wounded animal, it is dying. My guess is that by the end of 2009 warcraft will be known as DotA or it will completely shut down.

5. Why don't you make an RPG based on this world?

I would like to do this as well. However, I barely have time to work on my cinematics because of school and other stuff in real life.

6. Are you looking for people to join your project crew?

I am always looking for new and good voice actors. If you think you fit the bill send me some random samples of text(preferably some lines from my previous work). I am also looking for talented modelers who are willing to make malicious models whenever needed. Nothing too fancy, but nothing too simple either.

7. If you could find a good RPG maker would you consider directing him to create an RPG based on the land of Kaliim?

Yes, I would. As I said I would do it myself if I had the time. However, if I find a willing and good RPG maker, who will finish what he starts and is willing to listen to my requests I would gladly allow him to make the map.

8. Is there any place I can discuss about the lore of Kaliim and it's inhabitants?

Yes, there is. You could either discuss it in this thread or join the SotHM/TLP social group.

9. Are there any other side stories or independent cinematics situated in this magical land?

Only one so far, the Clown of As'Latur.

Last edited:
Level 14
Well, it won't be a real pain for me, I hope. I fixed my microphone and it makes high quality sounds(who's quality is sadly reduced with compression, but not by much) and I think I can convince my sisters to act out any female characters. I'll also hold some auditions for a few side characters but that's just a few lines so I doubt I'll have any problem with that.

Well, since I'm going to add voice acting would any of you be interested in playing the voice of William Rackham, a confident and strong man between the age of 55 and 65?

Here is the dialogue you could do some samples on:

- Henry, how come you didn't inform your mother and me that you're in town.
- It's true that I would like nothing more then for you to stop this insanity. But that is not why I'm here this time. I knew chancellor Reege. In fact, I was one of his most elite men about twenty five years ago.
- I must go now, but please drop by and visit your mother. She'll be very happy to see you.

Don't worry, I'll post this in the request forum later.

Level 14
Well, I made the request thread. There are three characters I am missing voice actors for: William Rackham, Prison Guard and a Pirate.

Here is the link.

It's been a long chase but I finally believe I have all my voice actors :)

Anyway due to general busyness I won't be able to receive all the voice actings until Friday and, even though the cinematic is practically finished I won't be able to release it until I add the voice actings and modify the durations of things so the earliest you can expect it is Saturday morning(gmt) but it is more likely that it will be out somewhere around noon(gmt).

Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Sorry for keeping you waiting.

No need for that. It's still a lot sooner that you expected yourself.
But it's a little surprising: did you really finished your cinematic in less than 2 weeks (12 days I think)? You thought it will be ready in second half of September?

By the way: shouldn't you make update Part VIII before new story is released. There was a lot of reviews about text going too fast.

Level 14
Yeah it is sooner then I thought but that's because I decided to cut the chapter in half because:
a) You guys get to see how the story goes sooner.
b) Instead of making a 40 minute part 1 I will make a 20 minute part 1 and 30 minute part 2
c) I'll don't have enough tile space to use all the tiles I want in my original though so I have to divide it into two parts

Anyway the first part is more of an intro, introducing the main characters, showing how the story starts, etc.

Level 14
Well, I got the hang of it really, if I am concentrated enough I can do huge amounts of work relatively fast. And since I don't have to study much yet I have some time after school before my training to work on the map.

Ok...Anyway like I said many times the Lone Panther 1 is finished but I am waiting for my last voice actor, Scyth-Master, to hand me the voice actings which should be done later today, hopefully before I go to bed(stupid time zone difference). So I wouldn't expect it before 5pm (gmt).

Level 12
I like the way his sword came out from behind the building. His face is black(I know it's the models fault) so it was kinda strange when Henry told William that Reege seemed relieved when he saw my face.

The voice acting was medium standard but it's so hard to get good voice actors so don't worry about that.

I think this cinematic was great but was the pirate already on the shore when he struck Henry down? Or was he on the boat? Because it looked really wierd when he just came up the hill.

Level 14
Well, if you noticed, the boat was heading to that part of the shore and then the pirate quickly jumps off of the boat when it gets to the shore and the boat continues it's course around the mountain while the pirate climbs the hill and stabs Henry.

And as for the voices, I agree some of them are lower quality(in order to reduce size) but I haven't seen a map with better voices AND low file size.

Level 14
Both of which have less dialogue lines then my cinematic(and this was the shortest in the series). I don't want to have a 60 mb cinematic file size. The trick is to find the golden line between sound quality and file size.

Level 14
DarkIron I don't need a forum for this and even if I did I would work on it myself(it's like 30 minutes of work, you know). There is absolutely nothing that a forum can give me and that this thread or a pm can't.

If you have any suggestions or ideas post them here or send them via pm. Why would I want a forum?

Level 14
Guys, thanks to TheDeatHunterxx who created my own fan club ^.^ I am going to answer a bunch of questions I got from you over the last several months, one question every day or two. Here is the social group. Fell free to join the group and discuss about the Tales of Kaliim.

Latest News: - The Lone Panther 2 is almost done. It will take me possibly another week to finish all the triggers and stuff so, if I manage to receive all of the voice actings soon enough I believe I will be able to release it by next weekend.

I will add information if I need any voice actors, as well as a link to the request thread, in a few days.

There might be some delay to this. If I don't plan out my weekend well enough I'm afraid I'll be trapped by a lot of schoolwork which might delay my release, but I hope that won't be the case.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I didn't like the fact that the spell in the prison would kill anyone that would even think of trying to escape. When you're in jail, the first thing you think on is not that you're going to live there forever.
I guess the sentence can't be interpreted too literally, but I just didn't like it. Sounds way too magical. The spell has artificial intelligence >.<

Level 14
Lol, I didn't mean literally and neither did Henry. The thing he wanted to point out is that if you even raise your dagger on the guard or do anything aggressive it would first give a warning shot to neutralize you and then kill the second time.

Last edited:
Level 14
As I've already said in the Lone Panther map page the map is done but I can't release it until I receive voice actings from l0w_kwaliti(which I'll get in a day or two) and Scyth-Master(which I'll hopefully get by the weekend).

Please be patient, this is completely out of my hands and since both of them are good and I respect them I won't replace them.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait ^^.

Guys, sorry for keeping you waiting.

The map is finished and all I need to do is receive the voices from Scyth-Master.

Since he hasn't been on msn or the Hive for a few days I'll wait out a day or two more and see if he gets on. If there is no reply from him I will get somebody else to take his spot.

Level 8
Don't you think finding someone else could take even more time? Anyway I hope he will shove up soon.
How long this part is going to be? 30 min/40 min? It should be long if it took you so much time.

By the way. That reminds me something...
If you can have voice actors for a complete serie that would be awesome, but I seriusly doubt that. Voice acting can be a real pain.

He was so right...

Level 14
It lasts about 35 minutes and the reason why it took me so much time to make it is because:

a) School started and I had to keep up with the school work
b) I grew very bored of the WE at the beginning and I barely did any work.

I grew bored of the WE because I was writing triggers in it from SotHM 3 to LP 2 without pausing.

Nothing beats warcraft!

Level 14
I think I found a suitable replacement for Scyth-Master. If all goes well(this time) I should be able to receive the final voices on Monday morning.

Let's hope this guy doesn't magically vanish into thin air.

Even though I have a candidate feel free to audition here.

Level 14
Guys, I just want to inform you that later today I'll receive the final voice actings. However, I believe I won't be able to compress them, import them and modify the durations today seeing as how I'm pretty sick. However I think I'll be able to upload the map tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, I think I'm well enough today to start finishing the second part(finally). If all goes well this time(please God, you had your fun, now let me finish) I should be able to upload it later today or at the worst case tomorrow morning(It will be around 27 mb).

Last edited:
Level 7
Hey, I know this seems out of place but I just watched your cinematics and they were really nice :D Holy Mother model was awesome

I haven't seen Lone Panther yet because of my slow internet but I'll probably be able to download it this weekend (along with the second part if it arrives). Hope it does :D and good luck with it

Level 14
I've received the final voice actings. I am, however, disappointed with them but since I have no one better at this time and since you guys have been waiting for too long(as was I) it's time to release the second part.

I'll start uploading once I test it for the last time and make sure everything is as it should be.

However, don't be sad about the last voice acting. The reason why I am disappointed with it is because I had a perfect voice actor for the job that disappeared :(

Don't get me wrong, this new guy is good, but nothing compared to Scyth.

EDIT:
It's finally out!

Level 12
well, it is much better than first part, firstly, I didnt like dabing of main char. but it is smart to make story to hide dabing acting. At the other hand, I quess the dabing of the second main guy was very robotic one. there vere few minor bugs with unit facing and cams but 5/5

Level 2
Finally,it on web.
Watch it right now and will +rep
How long it take for the next chapter?(1 month is fine)

Level 14
well, it is much better than first part, firstly, I didnt like dabing of main char. but it is smart to make story to hide dabing acting. At the other hand, I quess the dabing of the second main guy was very robotic one. there vere few minor bugs with unit facing and cams but 5/5

I'm very glad you liked it :)
I realize that the second character is pretty robotic. What's worse is that I had a perfect voice actor for that character but he simply vanished :(
C'est la vie.

I found an error: when the main character reads the "Sleeping sleeping, I am sleeping" sign, there are two models of him visible.

That's it? :(
I thought you would take your time to write a bit more. While this does help it's so minor that so far it's not worth the 1 hour I need to re-upload the map(stupid slow internet). I will, of course, fix it, but I need more feedback to fix a few things at once(if there are any other things to be fixed) to avoid updating the map several times.

As for Part 3, I really don't know. This time there won't be a voice actor delay but I still really doubt it will be before December.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.