• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Wrong place to post that tee.dubs.

Early WIP and L0w's already-shown concept:

attachment.php

slight angle.png
(Click on it for bigger view)

Attachments

• TankWIP.png
    TankWIP.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 414
Level 12
Is it so? I declare war on you! HA! I'll join the contest then too! I'll make an Hero, carrying 30 hammers, and 1 dagger, make him carry the armor not even nukes can make a scratch, When he burps, it'll create sumthin' like Atomic atmospheric cloud that devours even shit (^^), Archimonde with his Divine armor and powers looks like me singing compared to Benjamin Burnley singing, We'll make the texture be better than the texture my mesh uses in real life, he'll eat thunder, and crap lightning... wait... it's otherwise, eat lightning, and crap thunder. Terminator, Tony Montana, Rocky = pussies compared to this guy, I'll make an animation that rick rolls other units in Warcraft 3...

2.5 seconds later...
Ah... I forgot I don't even know how to animate and make models... And my texturing abilities are... well... humble. I suppose I'll need more practice. :p
OK. really. can we stop the "omg such and such is gonna win for sure!" "omg team ????? has this person. they will win for sure".
this is not a horserace, keep your predictions to yourselves
zOmg, dun insult ike_ike, you bastard O,-
Funny how you just insulted Ike ike.

Lol?

Anyway, I bet this contest will end up with wicked submissions, judging from the contestant list. Good luck to you all.

Can you please change the criteria to something more appropriate? The texture needs to be half of the points, seeing how it's a paired texture/modeling competition, so each person has even point responsibility. Also, can you get rid of the line "...(or how well Blizzard skins have been used)" It doesn't make much sense in this situation.

This.

We should get some amazing models out of this contest considering the teams in the list.

Level 31
All right, Don and I decided on doing a barbarian. And not surprisingly from me it's a female (in my defense there are tons of good male barbarians on this site, and i felt like drawing something with boobs).
Warning: concept shows excessive violence and may be offensive to those who are pro-horde.
163958-albums1325-picture33867.jpg

now thats awesome. Not a lot of female heroes in wc3.

Level 26
I'm sorry, but I just killed Misha D:
used the campaign bear texture to make the preview better, but also to make modeling easier. 100 faces, but I cannot really lower them.

Attachments

• bearshoulder.JPG
    bearshoulder.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 262
IMO anarchy's rushing the contests way too much. there should be a recruitment week, or something like that.
I'm still looking for a partner (talking to some hive friends) and got some uni shit to do, and next month begins with the deadline already. :/
then people complain about extensions.
not saying that the contest lasts too little, but the contest intervals are minimum.

Level 38
here is my concept.
I'm waiting for the 2D artists to 100% confirm whether he wants to do the texture. But I think he will drop out..:(

Looks cool. Perhaps you should exaggerate some of his body features to make him look more burly though. I'd thicken the arms to about twice their width (perhaps a bit overkill, but if he's a dwarf it's better if he looks really strong). I'd widen his beard and make his feet twice the size as well. Big feet usually always look cool for some reason. I'd make his pimp cane longer to, unless you are going to have his hand rest on top of it. Hope you get a texturing artist to work with you D:

-Edit: Oh ya, and abusing the tone curve /whatever the name of the brightness contrast tool is that shows a manipulable curve is a good way to make your pencil scans to look more epic.

I'm sorry, but I just killed Misha D:
used the campaign bear texture to make the preview better, but also to make modeling easier. 100 faces, but I cannot really lower them.

If it's any consolation I was looking at a lot of artwork from Samwise, Ranemane, and Gloweye when I was drawing this and...I may have been looking at a piece dedicated to Misha to get the bear face to look right in a very warcraftish way D:
(I was also sort of thinking of the beastmaster throughout the sketch to XD).

BTW if anyone wants to see some other sketches I did I uploaded some more stuff to my Miscellanious Stuff Album.

Status
Not open for further replies.