• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Godfall 2 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Oh hi, long time no see.

If by any chance you are still waiting expectantly for Godfall 2 to come out i am pleased to tell you that we are almost complete.

Tech tree is 100%
Everything related object data is 100%
Models 100% done
Mostly everything 100% done
"cause only the campaign is left."

but dread not, we have already been working hard and swiftly on the campaign!!

There will be 5 maps to play and all races except 1/2 races will be available for play in the campaign.
2 and a half terrains are done.
1 campaign map is nearly done still just some quest description and some ai fixing needed to be done.

I´ll add some game play footage and videos in this thread here soon.

About the campaign "Why only 5 maps".

Well the game will be played in "ladder" mode.
You choose which race you wish to play at start, lets say drow.
Then 4 out of the 5 maps will be played, the one missing will be obviously the drow campaign map.
The final map will be against a boss race.

After which i do expect an expansion since i got mostly everything i need to finish 2 more races in a short amount of time. Then u can expect i would add 2 more maps to the campaign.

I also been under the impression that Mechanical Man plans to add some bonus maps which would be unrelated to the ladder mode maps but i am not sure.

:thumbs_up:
scaled.php

elves1.jpg

elves2i.jpg

elves3.jpg

Cheerio

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Anganite drow campaign complete
Fort August empire campaign 90% complete, just have to run some more tests and add quests/req and desc.
and did some more terraining on wood elf.

Seriously though it irksome to test alone, need a tester.

Ps. Campaign was almost ruined when editor decided to rename everything to Trigstr.125 "random number". Lucky i had backups :p

Thought this one is dead, guess not <3, waiting for the release always love playing RTS map specially new races for war3 <3

Yah we were almost dead but we have done so much work on this, same to let it die. :p

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Alrtie wood elven terrain is complete and i am setting up ai...Well technically i should be finished with the ai but having some difficulties and have to wait for the tech support which is mech to figure it out.

Fort August and Anganite should be complete, just some testing left to be done.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Ok
3 maps have been fully tested and are playable. Except for some lag in elven map, have to look into that.
4th map is almost done, terrain is complete, ai is prepped, gameplay is set just have to do some test runs to check difficulty and bugs.
Map options is also up were u choose the race you want to play.

Havent touched the fifth and final boss map yet and i still have to compile credit list but i´d wager i am gonna release before the end of this month :p

I´ll post screenshots soon once i am able to remove all debug messages and the like

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Got some good news and some bad news.
Good news is i finished the Campaign, its fully playable except "heres comes the bad news" a bug was discovered in 1 of the maps which were trying to fix but seems like its gonna be difficult to patch.
Hope i can release soon though.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Expect a release this week, on Wednesday if no more bugs/flaws are discovered.

Scratch above message, i forgot the tutorial map. Mechanical Man is gonna be adding that. So atleast release this week or the next :p

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Sorry for long delay, we have not stopped working on the campaign. Mechanical Man wants to patch up the system before release and he seems to be too busy to do it, but until he does my hands are tied and i cannot release.

Here is some pic of a map which may or not be included in the final version, to have some unconvetional race on a unconventional scenario, which includes also a bit of sea exploration and combat. Here are the Skardans

WC3ScrnShot_051514_152329_01.jpg
It's time to Parteeehhh. Looks sweet MM.:thumbs_up:

Em!

Em!

Level 24
I've noticed that you've got to still decide the 2nd hero for the orcs. It looks pretty good overall.

I´m not sure whether I should have an orc shaman or orc nomad/archer unit. My previous lore was that orc like humans stayed away from magic. i´m not much of a fan of orcs and I really don´t know how to proceed with them but I tryed my best and I hope you guys will like the final version.

There is one more race though, well two....Vampires and Skardans are in the campaign. Way back I also did lizardmen building models so I may edit one map to include them.

Status
Not open for further replies.