• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] - Simple model: Ringed sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I need someone to make for me a very simple model. At least, I think it's very simple. It's just a sphere with a thin ring around it.

caplz.jpg

Although it's simple, it's truly vital for the terrain of my proyect, and I didn't find anything like it on the web.

The model only needs two animations:

1 - Totally idle. No movement at all.
2 - All the model will float in the air, slowly; while the ring rotates around the sphere.

The model must have big size, it's for a big part of the scenery of my proyect.
Also, about the textures, the model MUST use a custom texture, and I need one different texture for each side of the sphere and for each side of the ring.

I hope this not too much work. I will give credits to anyone that helps with this.

Regards

Level 9
Well, the models looks fine for me! However, there's one little problem with the textures you made... Just see the following picture, it should be clear enough:

caplz.jpg

Can you please do something about it?
Anyway, thanks for what you've done already so far!

Alright, so... can someone make the animations for me?

Regards

Level 9
Okay, I'll talk clearly... I can make the texture, but I don't know how to apply it to the model. But you do know!

Here, I took some screenshots of your model in the editor, and edited them with Photoshop to show you how the texture must be applied in the model:

cap01b.jpg

cap02le.jpg

I've attached the neccesary textures. I just need you to apply them to the model. I just have no idea of how to do it myself, my knowledge of model edit/creation is 0.
And one more thing, could you give the model a little more definition. I mean, more polies. If it were of small size it would look a sphere, but I need it to be enormous, and in big size it looks more like an spheric prism... Some more polies, please? (If you can, of course. I'm asking this just as a favor.)

And I ask again for someone to make the animations for me, it's really important.

Regards

Attachments

• Trim01.jpg
    Trim01.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Trim02.jpg
    Trim02.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Sphere.JPG
    Sphere.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 108
Level 9
Well, for the definition, it can pass. I can do what I want with this one.
However, in the template for retexture, didn't you miss the external side border?

capgv.jpg

With the template you gave me I have more than enough for the body of the sphere and the inner side of the ring... but I need to retexture the external border too. (Like in the screens of my last post)

Regards

Level 9
Great! NOW it's done!
:goblin_good_job:

cap01c.jpg

Really, thank you! You'll have the credits you deserve in my proyect.
This is just what I wanted!

Now I just need someone to animate it for me.
In this picture is explained what must be done with the only needed animation, apart from the idle stance:

cap02f.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Level 17
The animations are a simple thing, I was going to take up the job, but then I realised the model is completely fucked up. Beside having a ton of unnecessary faces, it has two negative geosets (I don't know how's that even possible?) wich make my tools crash when I tried to open it.

Get it fixed and I'll do the animations.

Let me try it.

Edit: I remade the entire model, I put all the textures in one.

The other model has 1368 vertices and 456 faces, this has 170 vertices and 192 faces.

Animations:
Birth, Death, Stand, Portrait.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SphereMerged.blp
    120.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Sphere.jpg
    Sphere.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Sphere.mdx
    9.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 9
The animations are a simple thing, I was going to take up the job, but then I realised the model is completely fucked up. Beside having a ton of unnecessary faces, it has two negative geosets (I don't know how's that even possible?) wich make my tools crash when I tried to open it.

Get it fixed and I'll do the animations.

Wow... I didn't know the model was so messed up!
Anyway, thank you for offering yourself to make the animation, although Anvil already did it for me.

Let me try it.

Edit: I remade the entire model, I put all the textures in one.

The other model has 1368 vertices and 456 faces, this has 170 vertices and 192 faces.

Animations:
Birth, Death, Stand, Portrait.

attachment.php

Really, I appreciate a lot the work you've done here. You not only remade the model, you also made the animation! Thank you very much!
But just one more thing: apart from the floating animation you made, I also need an animation where the sphere is idle (no floating, no rotation, no moving at all). Can you add it? If you do, then this request will be complete.

Regards

Added a Stand Alternate animation, this forced me to not use Global Sequences, so now doesn't rotate in birth and death anim ... if you want, I can make the birth and death animation longer, but I don't know if you actually need them. I can also add particles if you need it.

Edit: I reread your first post, you only wanted two animations: P, if you don't need the birth and death animation or the portrait, tell me and I remove those animations to lower a bit the file size.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Attachments

• Sphere(Idle).mdx
    9.9 KB · Views: 36
Level 9
Added a Stand Alternate animation, this forced me to not use Global Sequences, so now doesn't rotate in birth and death anim ... if you want, I can make the birth and death animation longer, but I don't know if you actually need them. I can also add particles if you need it.

Edit: I reread your first post, you only wanted two animations: P, if you don't need the birth and death animation or the portrait, tell me and I remove those animations to lower a bit the file size.

Thanks guys for the comments.

The excess of animations does not bother me, but as I don't need them, I think you could remove them. But the portrait animation could be useful to me, so don't remove that one (I don't know about modelling, but the portrait animation is the one that shows in the interface when you select the model ingame, isn't it? )

But hey, you say that you can add particles to the model, don't you? Well, it would be great if you could add a blue glow to the sphere. Thank you in advance!

Regards

Two files, one with glow and without birth/death animations, the other file is the same but without glow.

(I don't know about modelling, but the portrait animation is the one that shows in the interface when you select the model ingame, isn't it? )
Yes, and these models have one.

Attachments

• Sphere(AddGlow).mdx
    11.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Sphere(Without BirthDeath Anim).mdx
    9.6 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.