• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would You Play Wc3:WoW After SC2?

Would You Play Wc3:WoW After StarCraft II is Released?

• Yes.

Votes: 266 81.1%
  • No.

Votes: 62 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
surely

I dont understand why the wc3community is watching to SCII as to a sword of damocles. There will be people enough who prefer heroes and phantasy style. And are to old to follow every new hype.

Level 9
Definitely, after waiting Starcraft II release. Many of the Warcraft III remains still live, and there's no point throwing it in the bin and going all to Starcraft. Its unique, highly rated and none the less excellent.

Why throw it if it has kept us busy when Starcraft II has took a while?

Level 18
The Warcraft III modding community is unlike any other community seen before it, probably only comparable to CS 1.6. I think the dedicated gamers of our community will stick with WC3 for years to come, even if they do play other games. Shit, we'll probably stick with WC3 until WC4 comes out. So yes, I think we all would play WC3: WoW after SC2 is released.

Though we'd like to see this map released before then ;)

Level 34
I'll definitely play WC3:WoW if it's ever finished, or at least beta. It's the least I could do to honor the hard work that's been put into it (including my own).

Level 8
Yea, I would still play, mainly cause I like medieval theme better than future. Also, I would like to know, were are the RTC forums now? I can't seem to find them on google or anything.

Level 19
100% Yes! Three Clans I've known all wouldn't give up such a wonderful game with a lot of custom made games and more players than you can imagine just for second expansion of a space game when Warcraft already has its 7th expansion.

Level 4

I never liked Starcraft , nor any of those "futuristic" games , so ,yes , I will certainly play Warcraft III after the release of SC2 or any other game. Because the customization of Warcraft III is like no other game. Where else can you play a game that has every single genre in it ?

well its not like playing one game will make you not play others right... I play lots of games right now... and War3:WoW is one project that I have been wanting to play for a long time now ever since I played the demo.. I'm looking forward to this project as I'm looking forward to Diablo3(well at least I need a new computer for that), and I'm not a fan of SC..... and Warcraft III is one of the best games ever, it is so versatile and so the fun never stops as long as people like us here continue to make new maps and projects it will be a great game throughout the coming years..

Level 6
I would probably play both, because I mean I really like World of Warcraft, and I like StarCraft. They are both really good games. I also like Warcraft.

Level 24
Starcraft 2 isn't my great expectation. I hardly remember SC 1 !

Warcraft 4,Diablo 3,those are awesome games ,but they won't force me to stop playing the games I enjoy the most!

I lately played Warcraft 2 to remember the storyline,it was an awesome experience!

That's what I like about Blizzard games,the new one forces you to play the old one.

Level 24
Warcraft ,Diablo ,Starcraft = World of Blizzard

world_of_warcraft_worldmap_northrend_221008.jpg

diablo3map.jpg

char.jpg

Level 6
Hello, Cracka_J. Befor I start to explane you things, first I must say OMG YOUR GAME IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL DAAAAAAAANG THIS IS JUST WHAT I WANTED A WOW IN WC3 WAY!!! By the way, I have joined this site so I can tell you all the problems I have discovered and just with the hope you will not stop this project "single player WoW" which people wanted when they does not have net or just are pissed from smart*** people.
Now back in the explenations. When I started playing World of Warcraft (WoW), I was so amased from what blizzard made! But after a bit playing I realised things - Warcraft is no longer Warcraft! The buildings cannot be destroyed with units not even siege engines! The player heroes were messed up (example: priest have mana burn and Illidan had it too and he was not a priest at all ... the same for warlock in WotLK with the demon form.)and those messed things are just a begining!
From the demo which I have played, I have noticed some things:
1: No help for proffessions! Example: I have tryed what ever I could with the medium vial, but no clue. Example2: I have tryed what ever I could with cooking and blacksmith, but at those apsolutely nothing! Atleast with the potions I managed to create the basic once.
2: The player can distribute freely stat points(str,agy,int), in this way the players can unbalance easyely!(example: Diablo2 in which I hated the PvP, but for single player was fun.)
3: After learning spells I became level 1 again? Now what the hell is this, I just am going stronger then! And not even that but every one goes to level 300! By god, please, think about the caster units which does not gain demage from stats and use only spells for demage and run etc.wel ofcourse, you would say "intelect gives demage", but theyhave to gain and agility for faster attack and more demage also strength for life ... well up to you.
4: The AI in the game did not use any abilityes in PvP exept "Bloodlust" and some rockets of the hunters. The warlock rarely called hes minion and the hunter almost never called hes pet(btw hespet is overpowered I think, but your decision). I have read ofcourse about your AI improvements, but had to sure you will not forget those things if you ever noticed them already.
5: Some time when I load my character it loads with out the abilityes!
6: From the pictures I have seen in the http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-world-of-warcraft/ link the game looks SOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL (and aways comes the "BUT" word :p), but I am sure my computer will lag alot on them with out the option like in blizzards' WoW "Distance Sight". I think you can find it somewhere in the camera stuffs in the editor else check out the dark invasion2 map.
7: By god, please, add few graves in which people can revive heroes so they will be not pressing "restart game" as quickly as possible just to not loose all levels they made!
8: if you do not fix your custom stat point thing or remove it, then atleast make the hero characters to not give XP .When I kill AI controlled hero, I gain like 2-5 levels and I screw most of my points!
Finaly about your question - OFCOURSE YES DANG IT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE SUCH CAMPAIGN MY SELF, but failed alone. For starcraft I can say it is funny game, but I played it only as terran as "Tower Defence" imaginating the "Star Troopers" movie :p. It just suck on game play for me because it is a strategy game with "make troops and send them to die" stile like stronghold game and wc2 and many more such types. By the way my computer is 512 RAM sempron 2400+ processor so SC2 for me is impossible.
I hope you will understant what I meaned with all those and you will not take it as insult.
Sorry for the bad langage, I hardly know my main one.
With respect to you, your fan P.A.S._BG.

Level 18
first i whas like ye i would but now im like no thank you. just because this takes to long and i feel like you do so less to get people to help you besides that you dont even accept help when its offerd to you. all by all its going to slow for me and for me it feels like it could go a lot faster. So no i would say Lets get to SC2

Level 8
Sorry but I was never interested in playing a worse copy of WoW made with the sucky wc3 engine. On to Sc2!

Well then, I guess we won't be seeing you when Warsoc is released with this. Thank you for necroing, and hmmm.... You're dismissed from this sub forum, kay thankks...

first i whas like ye i would but now im like no thank you. just because this takes to long and i feel like you do so less to get people to help you besides that you dont even accept help when its offerd to you. all by all its going to slow for me and for me it feels like it could go a lot faster. So no i would say Lets get to SC2

To this, from what I could make out of what ever you were trying to say. (Learn to speak the English language please, if you don't get a translator) He DOESN'T accept help from people that can NOT help, if you can't provide help up to his standards you WON'T be accepted to help. I'm assuming that is why you're not on the team, so please if you REALLY want to be apart of the team. Make something to show off before just begging for a position.

Level 5
When WC3: WoW is released rest assured that I will not stop playing it until it is physically impossible to go on. (I.E.: Lack of eating, lack of sleep, electricity is shut off, dead.)

Status
Not open for further replies.