• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
It happens to both body and items
Wont heal the rabbit

-Oh old system I used, camouflage will make the buildings invisible at night as it does remove the item but I will have to change it so it doesn't remove the item anymore.

-Forgot to remove the pet house woops but I will fix the overall problem thanks for the "quick" response

-Confirmed that the mushroom (non-poison) does heal the rabbit, the "item gather" ability is broken do not use.

1. Wolves won't attack the hunting stand although you attack them.
2. You can bring corpse with a rabbit.
3. Restore player's tool tip is a weird code.

1. I will check it out
2. Funny isn't it? I think it's ok for the time being but I can fix it later
3. I will check it out

Level 2
Wao .. so laggy this map somehow every time near or look fire / bon fire my FPS drop from 30 to 10 sometime 7

when you cooking meat or burn something always show ping blue in mini map both enemy or team please check it

Level 1
Wao .. so laggy this map somehow every time near or look fire / bon fire my FPS drop from 30 to 10 sometime 7

when you cooking meat or burn something always show ping blue in mini map both enemy or team please check it

It only shows a ping on the map when you use a bonfire.

Level 2
map still eror .. we just start the game and suddenly game Draw and game end ( close ) i think in there still have bug

Level 3
the game gets harder :|

Hello, Jay, i wanna ask some.
The NPCs like Team Support have special trapdoors with lava inside.
1) Is it possible to make these heat-trapdoors?
2) What does Team Support do?
3) What does the Moonlight Sword's skill do?

Last edited:
Level 12
the game gets harder :|

Hello, Jay, i wanna ask some.
The NPCs like Team Support have special trapdoors with lava inside.
1) Is it possible to make these heat-trapdoors?
2) What does Team Support do?
3) What does the Moonlight Sword's skill do?

I don't quite understand as to your meaning of the game get's harder? Is that a question? or is that suppose to be some sort of positive or negative comment? Please specify.

1 - No it isn't but to answer your question it's more of a furnace next to the fur trader which is an NPC which will be available soon. A NPC in the wilderness really...? Well I think the game needs to have one, it's more of another wandering survivor who's just trying to survive in the cold and needs fur's. Just like you but he's unkillable. I added 1 to each side of the map so it will help with balance but for now the area is closed off because it's being worked on.
2 - Team support: The tower that starts at each team start up location protects you for [x] seconds against wild animals then removes itself from the game. Just like the fire it keeps your "warmth" full until you decide to move but this as well only lasts [x] seconds as well.
3 - Moonlight Sword ability doesn't do anything right now, as it's being put on hold for re-work.

Level 2
I don't quite understand as to your meaning of the game get's harder? Is that a question? or is that suppose to be some sort of positive or negative comment? Please specify.

1 - No it isn't but to answer your question it's more of a furnace next to the fur trader which is an NPC which will be available soon. A NPC in the wilderness really...? Well I think the game needs to have one, it's more of another wandering survivor who's just trying to survive in the cold and needs fur's. Just like you but he's unkillable. I added 1 to each side of the map so it will help with balance but for now the area is closed off because it's being worked on.
2 - Team support: The tower that starts at each team start up location protects you for [x] seconds against wild animals then removes itself from the game. Just like the fire it keeps your "warmth" full until you decide to move but this as well only lasts [x] seconds as well.
3 - Moonlight Sword ability doesn't do anything right now, as it's being put on hold for re-work.

jay we still dont know and keep playing 4.4 bcuz when play your new map 4.5 there something wrong in "us" some how after game start suddenly "game draw" all get kill ( die ) with no reason

Level 3

Thanks for answering, Jay.

I mean, the first, second and the third nights are difficult to survive because of the woolves. They do spawn every night, but they don't dissapear, so their amount is always increasing. Sometimes it's really annoying when they attack you...
Also, if you play for the first time, you need to understand the game. Newbies will die everytime until they get some game-knowledge. So they might be dissapointed of dying, you know.
Sometimes, you want to sit in your tent and do nothing or just relax in your mini-camp, but you can't, because you're gonna die of frost or wild animals. Some special mods is needed for that.
For the end, it will be better if you delete timer on -disable win.

Level 5
In v4.5, when you resurrect your character, there is till a dead hero on F1 and it keeps piling up till you can't click on your hero.
The pet often wanders off and it does not follow your command. Oh and the hunting stand is practically useless, it attacks slow and weak.
The warmth should really not decrease when in buildings or at least the watch stand. it's really annoying.

Last edited:
Level 12
- Wolves spawn every night but they don't disappear so their amount is always increasing and it's really annoying when they attack you...

Although I do agree that wolves can be really frustrating for a beginner but once you pick up on the game you will realize well it wasn't really that hard at all.

+Tip: Bonfire & Torches scare away wolves Note: Holding a torch is still broken but place it on the ground and you should be fine.

You need to understand the game, newbies will die every-time until they get some game knowledge so they might be disappointed of dying.

I'm pretty sure "I understand the game" dieing for this type of game is natural. I've added multiple displays to let the player know that they can be revived. If they leave then that's their choice.

Sometimes, you want to sit in your tent and do nothing or just relax in your mini-camp

I have said this numerous of times but sitting in shelters is still broken and your survivor unit will die if he's in there too long.

Some special mods is needed for that.

I've already tryed doing the easy mode... it was the most chosen mode while all the other modes be would be ignored giving experienced wildy players a huge upper advantage. You have to have that equal balance for both new players and experienced players I think I've done a pretty good job with that lately as I keep getting alot of positive feedback on it.

It will be better if you delete timer on -disable win.

Single player has been requested by many people so that's there for a reason.

When you revive there is till a dead hero on F1

I'm aware of the issue I'm about to release a another hot-fix with some critical fixes.

The pet often wanders off and it does not follow your command. Oh and the hunting stand is practically useless, it attacks slow and weak.

Which pet are you talking about? I will give the hunting stand a small buff and well go from there.

The warmth should really not decrease when in buildings or at least the watch stand.

I answered this above but I'm aware and it's not intended to be this way as I said it's broken.

Level 5
Which pet are you talking about?

Every single one so far, sometimes it happens when you issue a command (like move or having it pick up an item) or when they are not doing anything and you did not issue "Hold Position"

Also maybe a timer to tell you how long you have been playing in -disable win mode, instead of the usual 3 hrs decreasing timer, it would be an increasing timer, to let players know when it's about to reach 1 hour when the trees regrow.(it is important for me but idk about the others.)

Level 1
Advice

where's the food factor?
u should make the items stack-able
instead of making item laying around hv mind to make a deposit building?
u should not auto end the game if other team wiped out make it optional.
:goblin_boom:
Good idea, seems similiar to JTR which rockin survival map!
Nice terrain!
More neat item upgrade and skill, add shortcut too.
I think u should take a look at JTR system.

Level 2
hard to blive .. there still have bug .. when red player add -Survival mode only player 1 get 500HP ? and for new player really not aware how add game mode . cuz all notofocation block by greeting text ==a

Level 12
where's the food factor?
u should make the items stack-able
instead of making item laying around hv mind to make a deposit building?
u should not auto end the game if other team wiped out make it optional.
:goblin_boom:
Good idea, seems similiar to JTR which rockin survival map!
Nice terrain!
More neat item upgrade and skill, add shortcut too.
I think u should take a look at JTR system.

This is not troll tribes and I wish people would stop comparing the 2. They may have very few similiarities but they're very different...
Deposit building I dont understand what you're saying? There will be a food system but it will work a little bit differently. Stacking items id rather have a balance to how much you can carry instead.

To answer the red player hp bug you must be playing a cheated version.

Level 1
Wilderness Survival Co-op 4.5 PT

I'm Vietnamese. My friends and I really like this fantastic map. But I have some question about the map?

1. What can we do with the Big foot's paw do?

2. What can we do with the two fur trader above the wolves' cave ?

3.The ultimate clothes don't work really well. Because if I don't combine and put all the fur boot, fur gloves, fur helmet and hard leather , I get +5 amor. I got only +4 amor when combine them.

4.I found bones bug. When ever I take a dead animal bone . Left click to it and left click to a wolve or a wild boar or a bear , I get another dead animal bone.

5.Can you explain the effect of the Gillise Suit and G.O.S suit? I use them and I was not really invisible because the white leopard still see me?

6.About the bear cub. I used the bear cub to cut tree and the tree fell down.
And I didn't receive not thing ( stick, sap, branch ,log,....) . Why?

7.Another annoying thing is that the pet is really bad. For example, I want my bird to explore an area and when I first click on the map, it goes there. The second click to another area, it comes back to me. Can you fix that? (This is also similar to bear cubs but not rabbits)

8.About the ice berg. I suggest that we can cut the ice berg and receive snow or ice from it.

That's all what I want to ask. I really appreciate that you would answer me these question. Hope you would make new version soon!!!

Thanks you very much for your map because it really brings my friends and I together!!!:thumbs_up:

Level 12
What can we do with the Big foot's paw do?

Back in 3.0 it was referred to as being one of the most overpowered items in the game now it simply does nothing, just a basic reward saying you killed big foot.

What can we do with the two fur trader above the wolves' cave ?

Nothing, it was being experimented as a test but is getting removed & replaced as it doesn't fit or suit the map style.

Suit issue I get +5 armor but while combined it's only +4 armor?

I'm not sure were the +5 or the +4 is coming from probably because you have pauldrons? I know there is a +1 armor difference but this is fixed already you will have to wait for the next version.

Dead animal bone + left click to a wolve or a wild boar or a bear , I get another dead animal bone.

"Not bugged" Dead animal bone + left clicking on a wolf makes a "Wolf pup" and you may only have a limit of "1" wolf pup. However dead animal bone does not tame other animals "only on wolves"

Can you explain the effect of the Ghillie Suit and G.O.S suit? I use them and I was not really invisible because the white leopard still see me?

The middle & bottom path's are there so players cannot simply "rush" to other side, you have to work your way over therefor most animal's can see you it's meant for player versus player.

About the bear cub. I used the bear cub to cut tree and the tree fell down.

This was already reported as it is bugged and is fixed already just wait for the next version.

I want my bird to explore an area and when I first click on the map, it goes there. The second click to another area, it comes back to me.

You're suppose to explore with your survivor, exploring the area freely is like "cheating & unfair" so the falcon/bird can only go so far.

About the ice berg. I suggest that we can cut the ice berg and receive snow or ice from it.

There's plenty of ice and snow on the ground already, the iceberg was originally not suppose to be chopped down but players wanted to be able to make "room" so that's why it does that.

Level 1

"Not bugged" Dead animal bone + left clicking on a wolf makes a "Wolf pup" and you may only have a limit of "1" wolf pup. However dead animal bone does not tame other animals "only on wolves"

Sorry
I don't understand what you said. What I want to say is that when Dead animal bone + left clicking on a bear or a wild boar or a raccoon or a wolf too, I got another dead animal bone which means I have two Dead animal bone. If I continue to do that,I will easily get 6 dead animal bone without gathering or using skinning knife.:vw_wtf:

And another thing, Which wolf can we tame ? ( Wolf(den) or Wolf or Wolf(Mother of Den) or Alpha male). I have try to use dead animal bone to tame all of them but the result was that I got another dead animal bone ( which I have told you ). If you want a video about that I would show it to you.

Thanks for your answers,
Wilderness Survival Fan

Level 1

About the moonlight sword: I think you should increase the damage slightly because +30 damage is equal to the fire spear. It's not worth to go that far and receive a sword that is equal to your fire spear:wink:

Level 2
I really love this map but i find it really annoying when you get really far in then the game crashes with a critical error. I would love to see more in this map.

Level 2
I don't know how it happened, one minute it was fine the next it just crashes out. There was also an annoying thing where once someone saved the game one player was kicked out and could not get back in.:ogre_rage:

Level 2
Hey, I played this map again after a long time, the last version I played was 3.7 or something :d. It's much better now, stuff's simpler and it doesn't crash anymore, don't have much to complain about, although I agree about the Moonlight sword - It's kinda useless coz same damage as fire spear. Possibly even worse, because unlike spear it can't be thrown if you really need to finish off a fleeing enemy xd

Other than that, the item recipes are a bit faulty. Poison spear recipe is called "Spear recipes", Poison dagger is called "Blow gun", and double sided axe recipe is "2 sticks, 2 vines, 2 rocks" which isn't entirely wrong, but actually you need a hatchet+rock+stick+vine to make it, therefore you need to press craft twice, it really confused some people.

Also it would be nice to have more specific item descriptions at the recipes (damage, armor/speed bonuses), its kinda annoying to have to craft everything yourself to find them out. The explosive barrel says "Kills everything in a large radius", so I tried using it against an alpha wolf and it only did like 50 damage o.o
Edit: actually it didn't even say that at barrel recipe, it only says it once u actually have the item, which still isn't very informative xd

Level 1
Hey whats up people,

Jay a thing i think is anoying is the fact you cant see your allies on the map and u cant ping. So its really hard to find them when they die and camp on other places. Is is supposed to be like that? Could it be changed so you can see your allies field of view? And maybe enable pings too?

And the command i requested -disable win doesent seem to work properly anymore, it seems to work fine when your alone but not when theres more players, i think it disabled the timer but not the win conditions so the game finishes like 15 seconds after start could you fix it :)?

Hmm oh and about pets, dont know if anyone said it yet, but why wont wolfs and bears grow to adults? And the wolf sled that was removed was nice :(

Level 12
1. Could it be changed so you can see your allies field of view? And maybe enable pings too?

2. The command i requested -disable win doesn't seem to work properly anymore, it seems to work fine when your alone but not when there's more players, i think it disabled the timer but not the win conditions so the game finishes like 15 seconds after start could you fix it :)?

3. Hmm oh and about pets, why wont wolfs and bears grow to adults? And the wolf sled that was removed was nice

1. Ally viewing will remain off at the start, the "Windmill" has new features as it does not duplicate items anymore. Windmill now allows you to see your team on the map.

2. This command only works if you're playing on Team 1 side with no players on Team 2.

3. Evolving was discontinued for balancing reasons. Dog sled was removed as it made player's "rush" which was a problem for new players & also caused the game to crash.

Last edited:
Level 2
I am a Chinese game player. Look forward to your help sinicized into Chinese version. Very popular in Chinese gallant battle platform should!

Level 2
This map just gets better and better. Congrats for your excellent work and keep up the good work. Map design is beautiful ,excellent crafting system ,I absolutely love the difficulty on this map and once mastered a whole new world of possibilities awaits. Also love the improvements on weapons in this new version and tents.
My only suggestion is that you try to add a little in game guide cause i got tired of explaining to my friends how to play and hopefully more items. Also make a special option for single player as it still is relatively hard to survive solo and I enjoy challenging myself in solo play with rules such as using only igloos or hunting only with a certain weapon.
10 out of 10 ,absolutely magnificent map

Level 3
This map just gets better and better. Congrats for your excellent work and keep up the good work. Map design is beautiful ,excellent crafting system ,I absolutely love the difficulty on this map and once mastered a whole new world of possibilities awaits. Also love the improvements on weapons in this new version and tents.
My only suggestion is that you try to add a little in game guide cause i got tired of explaining to my friends how to play and hopefully more items. Also make a special option for single player as it still is relatively hard to survive solo and I enjoy challenging myself in solo play with rules such as using only igloos or hunting only with a certain weapon.
10 out of 10 ,absolutely magnificent map

completely true :ogre_datass:

Level 1
At start i have to commit i didnt played in a while so it was a pretty big load of changes you made here most of them are really nice and fun but about the wolvs hunting in packs i have to complain a bit.
Is it normal that they attack your structures and that even a bonfire cant keep them away? with these wolfpack summon i cant even survive the first night . Was that supposed to be soo strong?

Level 3
yeah, it's really annoying... sometimes woolves just walk through the bonfires and torches... if i were Jay i would decrease wolves on the map and fix that problem with bonfires and torches

Level 1
I really Like this map, but in new ver (4.6) so many bug :(
- Wolf is so crazy, it not realize
I think you need buff wolf strong than, but it will coming after every a week ( 7 days ), player will have time to prepare and battle with wolf will interesting than.
- why rifle only loaded ammo 1 time? it very strong need nerf it.
- and to combine Water Barrel, need 4 slot of hot water not 4 charge hot water :(
- how we use windmill?

Level 4
A good Replay for Newbies to learn 3v4

We are all Asians playing in Malaysia server, this is one of the replay we just finish 2 hours ago :ogre_haosis:

Hope this helps for your all questions in game.
*Surviving
*Advance Crafting
*Clear bosses in Cave
*Battle against players

ps: The replay is requires war3 1.24e to watch.

In my opinion, if you aren't able to adapt into new things please don't suggest anything. For us, everything is just balance currently.

Attachments

• wilderness 4.6c 3v4.w3g
    829 KB · Views: 117
Level 1
We are all Asians playing in Malaysia server, this is one of the replay we just finish 2 hours ago :ogre_haosis:

Hope this helps for your all questions in game.
*Surviving
*Advance Crafting
*Clear bosses in Cave
*Battle against players

ps: The replay is requires war3 1.24e to watch.

In my opinion, if you aren't able to adapt into new things please don't suggest anything. For us, everything is just balance currently.
Hi, I'm Asian too.I'm Vietnamese.I want to solo Wilderness Survival Co-Op 4.6c with you Ryouzai on Garena.

Level 1
dude.. your map is great but i have a problem with single play... when i load the saved game it just stuck and i cant do anything except quitting the game. can you please fix this dude? much appreciated if you do and thank you for creating such a great map.