• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happend to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happend to escape maps?
They just seem gone from b.net.... I have plans for a map (inspired by some super mario 64 concept). but if it is going to become something i have to know what escapes was good and what was bad and what made them that way...

i know some of them was bad cause you only had one health and alike and some were good cause you have to rely a bit on team work. but for some reason they just faded off the map lists...

i know other maps that rely on both teamwork AND PVP is great (so having a team against a team will be really nice).. but let me know ... what happend to escape maps? - what made them fade away and what made some of the good ones good?

Level 11
Well, host whatever maps you like and see if people join. I hosted Sheep Tag a few months back and got a bunch of people despite (or maybe because) no one hosts that map anymore.

I never played any escape maps so I can't give you any opinions on what makes them good/bad.

Level 32
Escape Maps aren't as popular anymore but I still always see activity from it. I don't get much delay in them, actually. Even YouTubers and streamers like WtiiWarcraft show escape maps from time to time.

Basically Ice Escape / Ice 4 Escape is the undeniable most popular one. What follows are Run Kitty Run / SNJ, Platform Escape, Escape Gay Space, Maze Designer, and a few more + the countless variations of the maps I listed.

Everything for hosting and finding games can be found here: Host Multiplayer WarCraft 3 (Also linked on every multiplayer map on Hive)

Status
Not open for further replies.