• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warriors Of Ashenvale

How much would you rate this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Sounds good to me! ;) Well, you could categorize it under AoS style, you know like DotA. I think it will be good, but add more Heroes (I think 6-10 per team is ok, but make them patiently one by one trigger them well and try not making them like simple heroes each one like the other as in DotA). They have to be unique. More heroes means more choices! Wish you good luck!

Level 10
I believe it deserves a 8/10 if not a 9/10!!! I don't say 10/10 yet, cause I haven't seen your work complete. So far it seems nice, but I am not sure till it's ready.

P.S. Don't mind what you see in this poll. You should mind the map's rating, when uploaded more than this. Don't give it up now!!!

Level 10
Good, recipes need too much time. Make them in next versions. Try not making overpowered items and try balancing the numbers of them. E.g. make 15 int based, 15 str based, 15 agi based, 10 for damage, 10 for armor, 10 for hp regeneration, 10 for mp regeneration, 10 for extra mana, 10 for extra life etc.
Make them about the same benefits with each other and same prices. Make them also need some specific level ( you could make items of level 10 or classification artifact need level 10,15 etc.) You may also add them to need specific stats or characters (but if you make them for specific characters every one must have a specific item)! Items can do many things. Make their abilities to level like Dagon in Dota. Make them enchantable by buing a scroll.

Level 23
I started working on a new hero,the Shadow Druid.He is using some kind of black magic,and raises corrupted treants.But I dunno what spells this hero shall have.Anyone who has an idea??

Shadow Druid hm? Interesting.

UnitAbility: Autumn's Withering - A debuff that decreases attack damage and armor, and deals (#) damage over time.
HeroAbility1: Trail of Thorns - While this self-buff is active, the Shadow Druid leaves behind a thorny vine with each step taken. Enemies standing on it take damage and are briefly slowed.
HeroAbility2: Emerald Nightmares - Enemy targets in an area fall asleep for 5 seconds. During their sleep they each spawn a shadowy nightmare creature, which is under the control of the Shadow Druid.
HeroAbility3: Aura of Nature's Corruption - An Passive aura that has a (low/medium/high) chance every 5 seconds to convert a nearby tree into a Corrupted Treant. Corrupted Treants have Disease Cloud. Range: 900.
HeroAbility4: Dreamer's Madness - Self-Morph into a Demented Moonkin. The Moonkin has a passive ability called Moonfire Frenzy, which Moonfires nearby enemy units. (phoenix fire)
UltimateHeroAbility: Skewed Balance - Deals 50% of the Shadow Druid's lost percentage of HP in damage to a target unit, while draining 50% of the target's remaining HP and giving it to the Shadow Druid.

Posts like this give me a reason to slack while at work. <_<

Level 23
Hmm...sorry to tell but I didn't like any of these ideas.Maybe I will have him summon trees but like a normal spell no triggers,and this wouldn't ruin the map at all.But for his other 3 abilities I want something new and good.

No worries, I'll use those ideas for myself. :p
How would you like your abilities?

• Normal modifications of existing abilities, with different looks / stats / units involved?
  • Trigger Lite Abilities, where abilities and simple triggers cooperate to create special abilities? (these are my personal favorite)
  • SuperTrigger - JASS abilities, where a solid code creates amazing results?

Also, are you following the standard code of;

1 Buffing / Debuffing Spell
1 Direct Damage Spell
1 Other Spell
1 Passive / Autocast
1 Ultimate

..or aren't you bothered with that?

Level 23
I think they will be made in GUI,because I dunno JASS.Need_O2 has amde all JASS triggers in the map and I thank him A LOT.

And also about auras and stuff.No,just 3 normal abilities and 1 ultimate.

Hmm, ok. So simple stuff, right? How about this then:

HeroAbility1 - Shadow Vortices - Releases three dark whirlwinds which roam about for 10 seconds, slowing enemy units and tossing random ones up into the air for a short duration. (Tornado, Summon Water Elemental)
HeroAbility2 - Rabid Insects - Swarms an enemy unit with carnivorous insects, which deal damage over time and decrease his chance to hit. (Shadow Strike, Crypt Fiend Missile graphic for debuff on arms, torso, head)
HeroAbility3 - Essence Syphon - Drains both mana and HP from a target enemy unit for 3 seconds. (Siphon Life)
UltimateHeroAbility - Shadow Ursine - Transforms the Shadow Druid into a dark bear-like creature. The Shadow Ursine can cast Roar and Shadow Walk. (Metamorphosis, Roar, Windwalk)

Level 10
Waht about a chain of shadows, using the chain lightning spell and in some way to raise 1 illusion for each target hit. You know if it hits 5 targets it will raise 5 illusions of the Hero near them that will be as strong as the hero and last 15 seconds or more depending on the level. This may be good, but make it have some big cooldown. Or make a summon shadow spirit, where it will raise a great shadow treant (can be used as ulti like inferno)!!! I don't know if these ideas are any good, just suggesting!

Level 10
I am good with loading screens! Give me the image and tell me what you want on it and I can add almost anything. I also need to know if you want it high or low quality and if you want it to shw the names of the players like wc3 default screens! I can be of help on this and it will take me about a day or less to have it done! Just give me today or tomorrow, cause I need to do it in the weekend when I will have time! 9If youhave no image try www.imaginaryfs.com the site where dota got the new loading screen - I am not sure the address is correct check it out!)...

Thanks N3M3$YZ!

I found a nice picture!Check this out!
WoW14.jpg

Level 10
Well, I need the image 1024x768! So try resizing it and if you like the result post it and I will make this for ya! Otherwise find something else. In low-quality it will take about 150KB most! It's your choice. Remember that it won't lag in-game! Only while loading. But if it is 1600KB it will take at least 45secs - 1 min to load, so it's better to use a high quality image to make it look nice! Still your choice!

Level 10
Yeah, I agree with N3M3$YZ! I can make it as small as 400-500KB least. Try finding a good image and I will see what I can do! Low quality is not good for such a good map! If you choose an icon, do it quick! I have not got much time to work on it, so tell me when you'll have it so that I can organise my time! Cya!

Level 10
Well, I will try resizing, but it won't look very good! Ok, I will start working on it in about 30 mins. I don't know how long it may take, but I will try have it done soon (till today night)! Be patient! Anyway do you want anything in the loading screen, like Warrior of Ashenvale or so? I can add it as a title. Tell me soon!

EDIT: The loading screen is finished. At first it took up to 1.96 MB, but now it takes only 513KB! The zip package contains instructions. Hope you'll like it. Rep and credits appreciated! I have played with it a little in Adobe Photoshop, but I haven't made any noticeable changes, just tried to make it look good!

Attachments

• LoadingScreen_for_Warriors_of_Ashenvale_High_Quality_ByHawk07.rar
    441.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, it is fairly good and I put a lot of effort on it! I can make some changes if you like, but don't expect me to do anything very soon! I have a project running right now and I am too busy! But for you, I can spare some time to help. So, check it out and tell me!

Level 13
Nice work dude. I really like the idea of the rpg flavoured arena gameplay in an idyllic setting.
I haven't read all 14 sites of posts so far, so not sure if anyone else already asked, but what about adding AI?
I would also offer some help beta-testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.