1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. We've created a new forum: Overwatch! Discuss gameplay strategies, team composition, lootboxes and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The dust has finally settled for Hive's first joint Hero Contest. Come check out the results and comment on what you think should be a Neutral Tavern Hero!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The awesome entries of Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm are finished! Vote for your favorite here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Last squad standing! The results for Modeling Contest - Squad are out. Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results for the 4-way challenge is up! Congratulate the winner and take pity on the losers here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

-Warden-

Submitted by Rufus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

Welcome to the Warden project!
This project consists of multiple maps, sharing unique gameplay, which is rarely seen in Warcraft III.
Instead of the usual "point and click" Warcraft playstyle, there is a custom arrowkey movement system, which creates a bunch of new possibilities.

Also, if you like puzzles and boss fights, you've come to the right place.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-Finished Maps-
Below you can find all the maps that are currently finished in the project.
Click the map picture to get to its download link.

Leave a rating and a comment!
I would appreciate it very much.
Contents

-Warden- (Campaign)

Reviews
[IMG] Shadow Fury's review[C][2016-05-18]Get ready to rack your brains on this one! This game requires lots of intelligence to get through the puzzles. However, what makes this campaign original and different from any other is that its commands are...
  1. [​IMG]
    Shadow Fury's review
    [2016-05-18]
    Get ready to rack your brains on this one!
    This game requires lots of intelligence to get through the puzzles. However, what makes this campaign original and different from any other is that its commands are different.
    You control your hero using arrow keys and a series of commands Q, W, E and R. A tutorial to teach you everything and to get accustomed to such commands is not missing!

The boss fights are awesome and you will surely need to use all your skills to defeat them, not to mention the cunning traps and tricky mechanisms! Be prepared to face all that!

Campaign approved with a rating of 4/5.

2. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. ILH

ILH
    This is one unique campaign that I have never seen. I like the concepts, I'll wait for them to be added :D
    You might want to add different animations each attack, but that's optional.
    Overall, I rate this 5/5 :thumbs_up:

4. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Wow, thanks...
    That is a great honour getting a 5 / 5!

I hope I will live up to this rating in future updates!

5. Arad MNK

Arad MNK
    Having a campaign is much better than having separate maps, I'm sure that the downloads will raise soon :)

I *might* review this, not sure.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

I understand what you mean, and I've been thinking that aswell. However, that is a matter of convenience.
    Since the maps are not dependent of each other, they work fine as separate downloads aswell.
    This was my thinking when I first started this project, that I might not finish it. And rather than having a campaing with only half a working map, I prefer having a few working, and perhaps not a campaign at all.
    Also, the total file size of the finished project might get pretty large, so giving options of downloading and testing only one or of two of the maps is a good thing.

Thank you! :)

7. Alxen345

Alxen345
    ok! So I've just tried this awesome game! Your idea is really cool and i am sure the game will evolve into a wonderful standalone game, sometime. You just need to focus. I suggest you use some HD tile sets and better doodads, this way it will attract more people, since the gameplay system is already cool! I rated it 5/5! Good job!

8. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Thanks for your kind words and the awesome rating! It really means a lot! :3

About the hd tileset and doodads: I probably won't do that probably, mainly as I have been working with standard Wc3 doodads at all times when I have been modding, and have grown quite fond of it. :)

It is also a matter of filesize. As the campaign will contain multiple maps, I'd like to keep the filesize as low as possible by importing as little material as possible.

9. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Model Reviewer

Honestly, i think i would have enjoyed the current maps way more if it wasn't for arrows and qwe controlls. I just don't like them in WC3. Period. One just can't make them responcive enough. Maybe it's just me however. I think that a mix between slasher and click to move controlls would be neat. You know, so a player could do a vast majority of actions with his mouse but right-clicking an enemy will only make the Warden attack once.

Also, i suggest you to think of the idea of enchantments being active not only untill the end of a map. I think since it's a campaign it would be nice to have some powers\items to gather to carry on with you across and between the maps of the campaign. Especialy if Zelda games were an insparation for you. Zelda insparation is also important in terms of gameplay. Those series featured a constantly evolving gameplay, right. However i don't think that you could possible base the variety of gameplay entirely on the implementation of new puzzles and enemies.

Those were my suggestions and the things i wanted to highlight. However i still enjoyed those maps very very much and i'm looking forward to the release of this campaign, even with arrow+qwe controll scheme and without boosting your char throughout the whole campaign.

Also i'm a very big fan of your level-design. Maps were very visualy appealing (maybe besides those stone walls in the forest temple map) and the gamplay part of the map design was deep. As it is i think those stand-alone maps a worthy of 4\5 stars. A campaign might be worthy of a Derector's Cut rating.

Great job!

10. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!
    Thanks! I am pretty proud of what I have created with only blizzard (and a few internal edits) doodads. But yeah, totally agree with the forest temple one... :D
    I just found it really hard to make the inside fitting. I am returnign to the map now and then, trying to come up with something for the inside. No luck so far, but i'll keep trying :)
    Wow... :3
    I hope so. Someday. :)
    Well, I have a few concept here that I will start working with as soon as I start working on the campaign maps. The problem having it now is that those maps should not be played in any specific order. A specific order would cause the player to have a single line campaign, which is not what I wanted to achieve. However, I'm considering doing like this: The campaign levels (about 10 when finished) has a set, raising difficulty level. The side maps has a variable level that varies depending on how poerful you are, resulting in side maps almost always being of eual difficulty. But, when there are about 20 side maps, that won't be needed, if i reach that number that is. I realize that this piece may be confusing... :D
    I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as to give them 4/5 rating anyway then!
    I may experimetn in the future to convert them to standard warcraft movement system, and offer it as an alternate download. Perhaps.

11. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32
    Good campaign i like because music was good gameplay too my rate 5/5!

12. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate it! :)
    And the music... Yes! It is loevely isn't it?
    The Zelda atmosphere it contributes gives me nostalgia chills down to the center of my bones... :D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  13. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32
    Zug zug! (Translate- yes!)

I hope updates soon...

Okay.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  14. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

I'm currently working on one.
    You'll have to be a little more patient as each of those map takes plenty of polishing before I can release them.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  15. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Wow, dude. Thanks a lot!
    I'll try to uphold the same quality in the future! :)

16. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11
    Excellent idea, storyline and music choice. I really like this campaign, the spells and the terrain are well-done, too. 5/5

17. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Thanks a lot!
    Really glad so many appreciate it! :)

18. Victarion

Victarion
    I enjoyed it very much. Controls are easy. Terrain, musics and the atmosphere is really appealing. Overall 5/5 :)

19. Rufus

Rufus

Map Moderator

Thanks a lot!
    I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :)

I'm soon fixing the things you mentioned in the development thread aswell.