• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Either way, if the movie ever comes out, it will be like every other video game movie and fail utterly.

Look at the Final Fantasy movies. They were rendered nicely, but they sucked balls.

Until the Halo movie comes out (and only because it has Peter Jackson directing) every video game movie will be terrible. Just like every video game movie that has ever come out in the past, ie Hitman, Doom, Final Fantasy, etc.

Level 8
Just put your thoughts about the Warcraft movie and the such here.
In my opinion, I think it will be a great movie. The most difficult part is which game to have the movie take place in. Or even better, a series of movies for all the games (including WoW).

The movie will be a separate plot from the games.

The movie is based pre-wc3 right? Maybe I can finally learn the lore of wc1 without having to play the terrible game(perhaps it was good in its time, but not now, imo).
The movie will be based pre-World of Warcraft.

As far as I know, the movie is based on WoW, which is why it's the World of Warcraft movie. And i'm pretty sure it's live action too...

It's been in development for years, and I haven't heard anything since its announcement...

It has not been in development for years. I think they are still working on the script.

Please not.
If theres gonna be a movie then I hope it to be like the Render Movies from Blizzard or even better.

The movie will be live action. Making a movie out of it is a bit too much for Blizzard to handle. The CG used in the games were short. It's a full movie we're talking about here.

Ok, I have to admit that the previous game movies weren't good.
But I simply can't imagine WarCraft in live action or I just don't want to.

Lord of the Rings did quite well with live action. After all, it's Legendary Pictures that will be making the movie and they are not a bad company at all.

Check more info on youtube.com.

Level 36
Yeah, but Lord of the Rings was one of the biggest movies in history, in terms of budget, talent, and news. It was also based on a book.

This WoW movie was announced in 2005, and it was probably already in development then. We have no idea who's going to be in it, I doubt anyone with a major name or any talent, the movie will have shit for a budget, and it might never get released, since a movie, after being developed, shouldn't take 3 years to make a script. A good writer can write a script in 2 months for a movie. No matter what, it sure as hell doesn't take 3 freaking years to write a script.

Make note as well that Lord of the Rings had Peter Jackson, one of the best directors on earth, so they couldn't go wrong.

Level 6
31919.jpg

:D?

Level 6
Woh Woh, the Warcraft movie costs over 100 Million Dollars, and it is not made from the story, not from the video games, so actually this isn't a videogame movie but it's just a normal Fantasy movie.

Level 36
It matters not.

Silent Hill was set in the same unvierse as the games, but was not based on the story. It was supposed to be just a normal horror movie.

It freaking sucked.

As long as the original content is being lifted from a game, the movie will fail, it's a curse.

The same goes for the games released to promote movies, they're all generally bad and only released for the sake of extra promotion. But some of them aren't half bad, while others fail miserably.

A big budget wont buy you a good movie.

Resident Evil Extinction had a massive budget. Notice that it also blew.

Level 6
Ye well we've got:
  • Legendary Pictures(Warner Bross)
  • Blizzard.
  • Over 100 Million Dollars.
  • 2-3 years of work till now.

Don't you think that just isn't a 'big budget' it's damn good! :D

Level 6
When they announced it, they only had contact with Legendary Pictures, 1 year or 0,5 (dnow) At BlizzCon they had a team talking about it, there even was a Q&A, you should look it up at YouTube.

Level 27
Please not.
If theres gonna be a movie then I hope it to be like the Render Movies from Blizzard or even better.

I believe they already promised no animation and that they said it was normal acted (Offcourse which much special effects i guess =/)

Resident Evil Extinction had a massive budget. Notice that it also blew.

You don't mean resident evil the movie do you? that was one of the few films that was good and based of the game. (Its been official i think lol XD)

Level 8
It will be cool if it does; I have yet to see a giant movie like this have mainly war and not much "questing"; LOTR is a perfect example. Battle was incredible. Just wana see a movie with that warfare in it.

A starcraft movie would make a great movie (would be neat if Peter Jackson direct either).

Level 8
Yeah, there's no reason to believe that this movie will succeed, given the failure of every other of its kind in the past, no matter how legendary the series it came from.

A rating of 7/10 is enough to prove that the movie is decent and watchable. Just because a movie failed to entertain you doesn't mean that it was garbage.

Level 24
I would have to agree with brad on this one, they have had this movie being made for ages now, and I haven't seen a thing except for talking. It might actually be good, but it probably won't be, unless they get a good directer to make it, and they haven't said a thing about the directer yet.

Here is what I am going to say.. Yes, 3 years is a little bit long. But I did go to Universal Studios 3 years ago and they said they were working on Pirates of the Caribbean 3..

It will proboaly end up much like the Eragon movie did.. Think about the book.. No action until the end.. But it was still awsome.. This movie needs at least 1 major fight.. but not insanely too much..

Level 8
Eragon book(s)= Incredibly awsume.

Eragon Movie = Bad, yet understandable. Please note that they never got the rights to it. Eragon's actor was 2 much like us nerds; hes a dude living off the land and making "minor" cuts with siths! (the giant curved farming sword things) the damn urgals looked like a bunch of fat guys with weapons (no offenseintended).

Level 34
I don't see how people can assume this movie will suck. Blizzard doesn't have a habit of producing garbage. From their history, I would say this would be an awesome movie if completed, but as brad said, odds are it will be/is scrapped. There is no information that I have seen besides titles. Such as IMBD Warcraft. Not much information.

Edit: Whoa. There is information. Didn't realize Blizz con had a demonstration/talk.

Level 36
IMO it's too early to judge whether this movie is not going to live up to the expectations or not.

Eragon book(s)= Incredibly awsume.

Eragon Movie = Bad, yet understandable. Please note that they never got the rights to it. Eragon's actor was 2 much like us nerds; hes a dude living off the land and making "minor" cuts with siths! (the giant curved farming sword things) the damn urgals looked like a bunch of fat guys with weapons (no offenseintended).

No, don't even go there. The series was a ripoff of everything good in this world. The plot of the books follow Star Wars (the original trilogy) to the letter, and the rips from the Lord of the Rings make this a total borefest with no original ideas or creative writing. The kid was 15 at the time, but that's no excuse for blatantly ripping off timeless classics.

And, no, it's not too early to say this movie will fail. Why? It's been in development for THREE YEARS and we haven't heard a peep. Normal movies don't usually take that long to make.

And this isn't the usual medium of Blizzard. Blizzard can make damned good games, but movies are a whole different ballgame, and it really isn't Blizzard that is even doing the development, they just license there stuff and provide outlines for what they want to see.

Level 8
wait ppl! just wait!

It is a very well made book, and hes still a younger guy! Maybe he'll make better ones as it goes along... :D

THIS IS WARCRAFT MOVIE TOPIC! NO MORE ERAGON PLZ!

And it hasn't been in development for 3 years cas' they announced that they will make one.NO director yet, and with the writer strike (may be over now; i only have 2 channels), they havent been able to get a script. And (read Wizard, people! :D) they are still trying to get a major film director (like 300's director or something). And with a 2009 release, just wait for more info. They are making another Transformers movie already. :D

Level 8
300 didn't suck! It friggen' ruled! Anyways, here is the newest info.
Quoted from the article:
"Legendary and Blizzard are hoping to find someone of Zack Snyder caliber, the man who directed 300." "Tull pointed out the film would blend elements from other big action titles like Gladiator, 300, and Braveheart." "The movie will be two to two and a half hours long" "won't be a journey type of tale, like in Lord of the Rings. Instead, it will focus more on growing tensions between the races of the World of Warcraft universe and eventually culminate with some kind of battle." "pointed out, "it's warcraft, it's not pillow-fight craft.""

:D

Level 34
They have already stated it will be a war movie. Not an adventure like lotr. Odds are there won't be an intense plot, although most Blizzard games have a good plot, they might be able to make a good movie plot.

brad, because they haven't released information you decide it will suck? No logic there what so ever. The fact that they are not a movie company may be a good sign, but Blizzard is a quality company. They will either make a good/decent movie, or scrap it. Look at sc:ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.