1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

WarCraft: The Movie

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by The_wand_mirror, Jan 18, 2007.

1. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    Is there any hope to see warcraft in the cinema one day? :D

That would be cool ;)

2. Lowly Noob

Lowly Noob
    i think theres another thread about this but personally i d like to see a warcraft movie but havent heard anything concrete about it happening

3. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    Once i read something about a movie :p was just wondering ;)

4. MetalWarrior

MetalWarrior
    What about starcraft?

5. Bob27

Bob27
  6. Samuraid

Samuraid
  7. Dacav man

Dacav man
    I think there will possibly be a movie on Warcraft 3, Famous games turn in to movies all the time such as..
    Doom,Mortal Kombat and many others. So i would say there is probably a chance that it will happen. (hopefully it wont take as long as the simpsons movie)

8. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    The problem with doom and mortal kombat and such was that they where considered as 'bad' movies .. i still didnt look any game-based movie .. but i think a WoW Movie would surely scare some ppl because the WoW vibe,but also attract a lot of fans. And i finaly hope that ppl can see a game based movie can be rly good ( Warcraft is just like LOTR but then better! ).

9. Fire_Onyx

Fire_Onyx
    No,lets not scrap the warcraft scenario by a stupid movie,have anyone saw Eragon movie?I did,and i asked for refund because that movie was the worst adaptation i ever saw...I don't want warcraft to turn the same...

10. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

3D Modeling Moderator

blizzard isn't fool, ya know :)

11. Fire_Onyx

Fire_Onyx
    Any cheap idiot could make a warcraft movie,but it would end as crappy as Eragon was :eek: .

I don't think blizzard would make a warcraft movie...

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    They can and knowing the ammount of effort they are putting into WoW they probably will.

Probably will be junk anyway featuring the death of some famed hero that will leave so people stuned at how it could happen.

Well anyway lets not spread fiction about Wc movie lets just wait and see since anyway, anything we say makes no differerence.

13. brad.dude03

brad.dude03
    You know why that movie sucked? Because the book sucked. As I explained to everyone who would listen when the movie came out, this book/movie is taking the star wars plot line, changing some names, and then putting it into a dragons and elves and magic setting.

Yes, they ARE apparently making a warcraft movie, I remember seeing the news about it way back when it was announced. It isn't going anywhere as of now because there hasen't been any news on it... but here's the deal: Every video game ever turned into a movie has sucked. Every single one. They've all been absolutely horrible. I expect that, as hard as Blizzard tries, The WC movie will end up the same. The only movie that will ever break this curse (possibly) is the Halo movie. Ya know why? Peter Jackson is on board as Director, and he hasen't made a crappy movie yet.

14. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    I dont think the WC movie will be crap because its just like LOTR! .. i mean if blizzard found a studio that understands they're ideas then why coulndt it be a good movie? .. im surley gonna see it ..

15. brad.dude03

brad.dude03
    No, because if it's just like LOTR then it will be booed as a ripoff. I don't think Blizzard can win here. It has to be high quality and original. Borrowing from another popular franchise to enhance their own standing will not help them when the critics come calling. Unless they get someone good onboard as a director, producer or screenwriter etc, or they find some phenominal underground talent in a rising prodigy, this movie will end up in the trash along with doom, house of the dead, bloodrayne and all the others...

16. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    i dont think that ... with 'It would be like LOTR but then better' i ment it has the same style .. and nothing is stolen because the Warcraft universe exists longer then LOTR universe? .. just guessing .. but anyway i ment the same atmosphere (with LOTR thingy) not stealing LOTR ideas..

And omg .. what are u talking about a scripter?? i say: 'TOTAL FUCKING NONSENSE!! OMG!!' what you think the past three warcraft games and even more had? they had a story? and a past? even warcraft boosk? why the hell they need a scripter for? tell me? .. they want to create the WARCRAFT HISTORY and the STORYLINE .. so they dont need a scripter because they already have the script/story? .. yeah this was a bit overreacted but its rly making to sense o_O!

17. brad.dude03

brad.dude03
    Ah hello, do you see a manuscript for a warcraft movie sitting anywhere? NO. Someone has to write that script, even if it is based on previously created material. That SOMEONE has the potential to FUCK UP VERY BADLY by taking the story in the COMPLETELY WRONG DIRECTION. Also, Lord of the Rings originally came out in 1955. It predates Warcraft by 40 years? or so. The earliest workings of the Silmarillion where formulating long before that while Tolkien was fighting in WORLD WAR 1. Don't mean to sound harsh, but you are completely wrong here.

18. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    ... they use the history of warcraft .. enough said .. think the rest yourself..
    the script yeah what they show or what they wont thats all ..

Eh .. LOTR came out in 1955 ... how the . why they released it then this late.. i dont get that if ur telling me ..

19. brad.dude03

brad.dude03
    THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN IN 1955. THE MOVIE IS BASED ON THE BOOK. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. They decided to make a series of movies based on the books just recently, the books have been out since 1955. And no, because WC3 has only had a broad overview. They wont tell a story that's already been told through the game, so they'll take something, a scrap of information if you will, and make a movie about it, and create their own story from there. It'd exactly what Blizzard is doing with the WoW story right now. Someone has to make that story, even if it is based on preexisting information, someone has to take that and make it into a script. And this script has to get in depth and detailed into characters, heroes and their emotions, what their perspective is. We only see things from a broad perspective in WC3 and now we have to see it through the eyes of a hero. It will be hard to adapt to this and make it work, which is why I think the movie will fail.

20. Fire_Onyx

Fire_Onyx
    Surely,those were crap :p