• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Adventures is now playable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap. Missed my chance. I really wanted to play this game.

I don't think so. By the way, are you going to do a let's play on Youtube on it?

What's the point of posting that it's playable if we can't get the dammed normal working link? Life is full of mystery. I wonder WHY is that?

Thank me later.

Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans [Unreleased, Beta] • Windows Games • Downloads @ The Iso Zone
Warcraft Adventures - Lords of the clans pre-release version (download torrent) - TPB

Posting a link is fine as long as the copyrighted content is not stored in Hive directly.

To those wondering about why Blizzard cares about an 18 year old game enough to remove it:

A company must make noticeable consistent efforts to protect IP or they may eventually lose their rights to it. This is across all industries. In this case I highly doubt it is a decision out of greed, or an indication that they are going to develop the game further. An example of this is how everyone calls tissues kleenex because Kleenex brand did not make sufficient efforts to distinguish the two and protect it's trademark. While Blizzard failing to protect this old game is hardly going to jeopardize their franchise rights courts look for consistency. Here are some common examples.

As far as graphics goes of course this game would be better with modern graphics. I think it is a shame that some people ignore games because of outdated graphics. For instance Morrowind has one of the most developed story-lines I've ever played and I highly recommend it, but even with mods it will still appear out of date. The Warcraft III campaign is outstanding, as is the AoE II campaign.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
To those wondering about why Blizzard cares about an 18 year old game enough to remove it:
Who cares. If they're not going to release the game, why keep it off the hands of fans? They could at least make a deal. Say, you buy Warcraft III or something in the next year(s) and you also get Warcraft Adventures. I don't know... there are possibilities.

I don't think so.
Who cares. If they're not going to release the game, why keep it off the hands of fans? They could at least make a deal. Say, you buy Warcraft III or something in the next year(s) and you also get Warcraft Adventures. I don't know... there are possibilities.

The game was cancelled for a reason, what company would like others to play or use their unfinished or cancelled products? Impressions are everything. Warcraft Adventures download link was taken down because it was leaked without permission or consent of Blizzard, that's why it got copyright infringement.

Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
what company would like others to play or use their unfinished or cancelled products?
Does it matter? As long as they don't lose anything but even maybe feed the fans. What, you think nobody would play Warcraft anymore if they don't like Warcraft Adventures? More than that, what can people do with that game? Can they exploit it somehow? I doubt it'd be different than any pirated game. Bottom line is, illegal or not, a cancelled game had a chance to spark something good up.
Impressions are everything.
Please, Blizzard is beyond that. It's so understandable, that an unfinished game cannot be considered a company's true image.
Warcraft Adventures download link was taken down because it was leaked without permission or consent of Blizzard, that's why it got copyright infringement.
That's true. They didn't even try giving hope either.

Status
Not open for further replies.