• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
We've disregarded both, it causes way to many balance issues, kudos for the attempt, but you might want to flick through what you've missed next time ;)

Perhaps all ideas with potential should be updated in the first post for scrutiny and to make it easy to keep up to date with where things stand, there are alot of pages on this thread already.

and ok, I will look at doing a demon vs human picture

Weh you play in melee, you select the remnants, and a diaouge will show, so you can either choose to start as the survior peeps or the Thereamorian Coalition.

no, the race choosing thing wnt work... too complex, too hard to balance, and too many models.

{EDIT}
rofl. sry if i was hard. its a good idea, but too hard to execute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
UPDATE:
--------------------------------------------------------->

RACES
_______

HORDE

FORSAKEN

LEGION

ALLIANCE - Subfactioned.

-Remnant
-State of Theramore

OUTLAND

SENTINEL

CHARACTERS

DUROTAR/HORDE

-> Thrall

-> Cairne

-> Nazgrel

-> Rexxar

-> Drek'Thar

-> Vol'jin/Rho'khan

ALLIANCE

-> Jaina

-> Dwarf Mechanic and General (Theramore)

-> Darius (Remnant)

->

FORSAKEN

-> Sylvanas

-> Varimathras (Mouseman89)

SENTINEL

-> Tyrande

-> Malfurion

-> Maiev

-> Shandris

---------------------------------------------------------->

BURNING LEGION

-> Sargeras (Unplayable)

-> Kil'Jaedin (Unplayable)

-> Lord Rhoggeir, a powerful Dhom’Kavosh

->(Various Dreadlords?)

->(Various Eredar Warlocks)

->(Various Pit Lords)

->(Other Demonic Entities)

THE SCOURGE

-> Arthas/Lich King

-> Anub'Arak

-> Kel'Thuzad

Last edited:
Level 20
you could make the scourge playable, in the campaign, say the lich king was killed, or nearly the scourge is weakened and must regain thier strength or defend against an invasion or whatever.

Nice suggestion.

However, we trying our absolute utmost to bring you all, the best possible combination of fascinating, balanced rts gameplay, breathtaking visuals and a compelling story - although I don't want to spoil too much - we will not rape the storyline like WoW (e.g. kill Arthas off just for the sake of making one race playable).

Sorry if that disappoints you... :sad:

DIRECTOR NOTE: Other people with thoughts on this matter, please speak up, we will listen and try our very best to appease the majority! :smile:

We are trying to have a really engaging story, and exciting gameplay. we want to make this feel like the 'real' WC4. And that kind of thing doesnt really fit in with our plans. Thants for the suggestion, but we really want to keep the story engaging and canonical, and that kind of thing, in out minds, wouldn't uphold the sanctity of the story. Thank you for your suggestion.

Level 16
Can i recruit my self? I'm a not so bad terrainer can make skills(no gui or jass fully object editor) and i can make models.

Level 20
Haha, yes it's been hard work and late nights (due to GMT difference), but were getting somewhere! Can't wait to see the UI and we are all extremely happy to welcome Taylor to the team, he is a very skilled individual and WcIV:Sc2 will look all the better for his presence on the team.

DIRECTOR NOTICE: So many views and so few posts in comparison xD. Please guys, feedback - good or bad, first and foremost we desire to please the community of sc2/wc3 players! We need to know where you stand ;)

Level 20
Sorry, Jokemaster - Missed your post.

Yes we would love to consider you as part of the team, I will check your resources and albums for some exemplar work, PM if you have anything else you would like to submit, I will then discuss with TWIF and decide on the outcome of your application.

Level 20
Director

After much careful consideration, I to, think you could prove a valuable asset to the development team.

3D Modeller application, APPROVED.

Terrain application, UNAPPROVED.

Data application, UNAPPROVED.

It's not that your bad in the other two departments, but we would prefer modellers (Which we need more of at the moment) to be fully focussed, any queries with this? Please don't hesitate to reply.

Level 20
Indeed, a very hot topic during our petty conferences :)
This could break or make Warcraft IV - Starcraft II, so we would like to know everyone's opinion on the matter...

-Overhaul everything, the resource system sucked.

-Are you fine with the traditional gold and lumber?

-Do you think there be should another one?

-Should it be common, race specific or special and rare, for elite units only.

Any thoughts at all, post away!

Level 20
Welcome to the team bounty hunter, your work is a credit to you, absolutely fantastic.

@Mouseman: Brilliant suggestion, however due to the nature of some lore and races we have laid down we believe oil particularly would be hard to imagine certain races using.

Daimonds is a new one though... Thanks for the feedback! :thumbs_up:

As twif mentioned, we are toying with the idea of three 'rare' resources per the 6 races, 2 using each, that will be rare and/or well guarded in melée and only required for final elite units/techs etc...

Last edited:
Level 7
maybe for night elves, root/branch/twig/leaf of nordrassil?
Humans: oil for siege engines gyrocopters etc OR maybe mithril or titanium
Orcs: Ancestral staff/sword/armor/object
Forsaken: Bones/corpse of the fallen/champion/undead
Outland: some rare ore, khormite maybe?
Burning Legion: Mark of Kil'Jaedan/sargaraes(or some leader)

Level 20
Well we did have 'some' miiilllk and kookeeeehs but twif ate all the latter D:
good to have you aboard anyway ;)

@Mouseman89 lol it does seem like
that doesn't it? Sorry it honestly isn't intenional and I really hope you keep em' flowing!

EDIT: Still no word from moddb guys, they sure do take their sweet time moderating stuff -_- I'll keep you posted on that...

Level 20
DIRECTOR UPDATE: Ok we just got an email from moddb confirming they smoke crack, they have completely ignored our mod but 'archived' the first morsel of 'news' I attached to it, which from their description is similar to a semi-rejection.

I can't even begin to fathom why this is. You can find the article here but please if anybody understands how these guy's minds work, speak up because it all seems rather illogical to me...

Level 19
This project sounds promising.
I could help on the terraining part. I'm an experienced terrainer (atleast for wc3:p).
I have the GE but don't have a key.
So far all the terrain I made so far (playable) was for Oakwood. Take a look at the terrain pics from there. Link.

Level 16
@Taylor Mouse
Hey im new here so i'm not the boss. I get a request i do it and send it to the menager. So is my style. And do you need some help? You know i have sometimes weird ideas :p.

Level 20
@ Teuncreemers Wow, I looked at some of your work and it does show potential, however as it was for an RPG it does have a bit of complexity about it (not that that's a bad thing) but do you think you could you whip up something for us in the GE, from an RTS point of view/camera?

It doesn't have to be warcraft related, so feel free to use all the doodads and props you desire.

If that's on par with your current work I'm confident we can offer you a place on the team, though I would also enquire the postion of "The Oakwood Forest ORPG", as this will be a long gruelling project and may require a lot of your time!

Just a forewarning there ;)

@JokeMaster We would "like" to get a team/faction done at a time and seeing as how you've had plenty of troll practice, why don't you have a go at a 'base' troll? Though I assume you may be bored of them by now xD

Status
Not open for further replies.