1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice

War3 Model Editor

Submitted by Magos
This Model Editor is not made by me, but is made by Magos.

War3 Model Editor is as the name suggests a Model Viewer and a Model Editor dedicated to Warcraft 3. It supports both loading and saving of .mdl and .mdx model formats which are used in Warcraft 3. It also supports .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp texture formats.

There is a buildt-in MPQ Browser that allows you to browse any MPQ archive, which also includes Warcraft 3 map files (.w3m and .w3x). The MPQ Browser has been optimized for speed and is very fast to load and use. The Browser is customizable so you can add/remove your own icons and filters.

Features
Features

* Model Viewer
* Model Editor
* Geoset Importing/Exporting
* Can save/load the model formats *.mdl and *.mdx
* Can save/load the texture formats .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp
* Can import other model formats (importers stored in DLLs)
* Ability to convert between the model formats
* Ability to convert between the texture formats
* MPQ Browser (very fast loading)
* Support for custom listfiles
* Support for custom MPQ filters & icons

Extras

* Loading Screen Creator
* A tool to create colored text for Warcraft 3

Supported Importers

* md2 (Quake 2)
* ms3d (Milkshape)

{UPDATE}
Hey people, it's Rui. I have updated the tool to v1.07 and added some keywords for searching. Enjoy!

Keywords:
warcraft, 3, III, magos, editor, model, war3, wc3
Contents

War3 Model Editor (Binary)

1. spellcastle

spellcastle
    yo can't use!
    d3xdlx.dll cannot found!

2. kris4o

kris4o
    wow the search in internet.

3. M0rbid

M0rbid
    I tend to repeat myself in here. For everyone that was not able to open it, try the link of the quoted post

4. metatronscube6

metatronscube6
    I edited Blademaster. Imported the new model in-game. F***ed my whole map up. Now it will not open and I have to start over.

5. BombAzzPuzzY

BombAzzPuzzY
    I have a problem:
    I edited a house (it had no .blp-file on itself), I changed the nodes and all stuff. And after that I wanted to get a new 'skin', a color change. I exported the file 'CityBuildings2.blp' with the MPQ Browser to my desktop and saved it as its original name (MPQ Browser -> War3.mpq -> Doodads\Cityscape\Structures\Tavern). I also edited this file, changing it with Paint.net, finally I saved it as: I think my model looks really good, but I can't import it into my map. Something must be wrong with the .blp-file...
    If I import it and change the path of the blp-file to 'CityBuildings.blp', I can see the model, but it's totally black. What's the problem? I don't get it. What did I do wrong..? Help me, please!

6. Paillan

Paillan
    I AM gona see how it work but still 20/5! epic!!!
    ????!
    WHAT ON THE HELL IS ´´d3dx9_35``?!!!

note: Iam going to reduce my ranking to 4/5 ¬¬

7. Blood Raven

Blood Raven
    i have a problem... when i try to click the .exe it shows me an error message, that says, that something is not found and i must try reinstalling...

EDIT: fixed this problem, but there's a new one... look on the screenshot below...

Attached Files:

8. -Peper-

-Peper-
    Geez guys, can't you just read up above ad download d3dx9 or what thing.

9. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief
    If you have Win7/Vista, type "regedit" into the Start Menu search bar. Go to that location, and tell me what's there.

If you have WinXP, open the start menu, go to run, and then type in "regedit", then do the same as above.

10. Mick23

Mick23
    Same here

11. Mick23

Mick23
    it says cant find this d3dx9_35.dll

12. M0rbid

M0rbid
  13. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief
    M0rbid, now you see why I'm fed up with these people.

14. -Peper-

-Peper-
    Can't they guys just google d3dx9_35.dll and download it?

15. Mick23

Mick23
    it works!!! but another problem. when i want to save model it says cant save models bla bla bla uknown extention what is that?

16. -Peper-

-Peper-
    Save with (yourmodelname).mdx name

17. Mick23

Mick23
    That was So Easy. :D thanx Bro.

18. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief
    In relation to your first post, Peper... You would think.

19. d34thst4lker

d34thst4lker
    ive downloaded this 7 times now and every time it says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" every time can some1 plz help D:

20. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief
    Exactly.