1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Videos

Discussion in 'Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale' started by Thyrael, Jul 4, 2009.

1. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul
    Awesome. I think the hand to hand attack animations should be sped up slightly, though. But otherwise? Awesome.

2. Vercas

Vercas
    Stunning!

3. olyvian

olyvian
    your new videos and you work is completley awesome, keep up (Y)

4. Thyrael

Thyrael
    And another preview of some animations. This time I show you the attackanimations for fistweapons. Further you can see the kick, doublestrike(fistweapon) and combostrike(fistweapon) animations. The combostrike can be upgraded with a knockback via the talenttree. And don't mind he not reaches his target while combostriking. Due to the fact you see your hero from behind most time it won't be noticable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8jXYFGRbI

5. Vercas

Vercas
    20.00 or 30.00 less range on the attack could fix this.

6. Thyrael

Thyrael
    Another day, another preview. Today the attackanimations for onehanded swords,axes and maces(dual wield or onehanded). For eyecandy I added some attached weapons. This will be the last preview of this kind for now cause I not want to show everything before the game is released^^ But I can tell you, that almost every kind of weapon comes along with a unique attackstyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=src0P-ijZyU

7. Handycombinder

Handycombinder
    lol, you can use lightsabers? :D

8. Revolve

Revolve
    Wow. Never noticed how ambicous this project is. It looks awsome, from the previews that is, in quality. I love the talent tree and action bar :)

I really hope you keep the motivation up on this project, really, can be something unique :)
    Should you need anything related to story-writing or lore-building, I'm here :)

9. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X
    Damn this is so freakin awesome. I love the action bar and talents bar.

10. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord
    wow, how did you make him pull out the sword when he attacks?

11. Thyrael

Thyrael
    All my models got a special set of attachment points. So if your hero enters combat, he will grap his weapon(s) and hold them in his hands. When leaving combat he will put them back again. Thats simply done by storing the effect of the weapon in a variable and then adding that effect to the correct attachment point.

12. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord
    oh ok that makes sence

13. Thyrael

Thyrael
    I released a new video. You can find it in the first post.

Greetings
    Thy

14. JakeCake

JakeCake
    as posted on youtube: awesome job! so perfectly done! Everything seems so complete, nothing I would change, but some icons.

15. killax

killax
    Thy, you are amazing! What is up with German people and being so good at Wc3 Mapping? lol This is honestly the best map that I am looking forward to, your models, and systems are just simply unbelieveable... You never give up until you get the system working xD, this is so MMORPG like-ish. GL with the map, hope you release a lil demo soon this year ^_^

16. Vercas

Vercas
    German people are making so awesome games!

17. krisserz

krisserz
    It`s awesome. But I have one question:
    How many attachements that model has?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  18. Thyrael

Thyrael
    At this moment the heromodel has 49 animations on 40 bones and 24 animated attachment points with a total animation time of 75.1 seconds. It uses one stadard texture and one replaceable. The size of the file on harddrive is 417 kb. In the import manager it is about 412 kb. For now the used textures are in 512x512 high resolution ~683 kb.

Those are btw only the base animations for the different weapontypes. There will follow special animations used for the spells, knockback/stunned animations intertaction and even mounted ones. So I think the model itself will be around 1,2 mb when finished.

19. Vercas

Vercas
    Are the images 512x512 pixels size or their height is 512^2 pixels?
    Lol.

20. Thyrael

Thyrael
    512^2 pixels and they are in HIGH resolution. That means they are detailed and handdrawn, no real texture.