• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm not referring to the common bug of too many units lagging, but rather two different ones:

1) Units stop any orders they had, after attacking an enemy unit that is set with a trigger to change owner upon being attacked (it will change owner though before them getting stuck). If they were player units, they will ignore any queued orders, but they can move if no shift-click is used. If AI owned, they will idle there until attacked or some (random?) time in the future. My triggers look like this:

• Sheep
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sheep
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color
2) Rarely a peon can't lay foundations for a building it can almost always construct. It happens with several (or all?) structures and it certainly isn't lack of resources or suitable ground.

Any possible solutions? Those are the main reasons I don't want to release the first version of my map yet. If they are unknown bugs and someone wants to test the map/see the triggers just ask me, I can send it or we can test it online to reproduce them.

Level 7
I don't think so. You gave me an idea though. I'll try to see if stopping the attacking unit for the trigger I posted above does anything like restarting/unbugging it's actions.

Level 22
The interruption must have been because of the ownership change.

Try this:

• Sheep
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sheep
  • Actions
    • Unit - Make Invulnerable
    • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color
    • Unit - Make Vulnerable

I don't know it will work though, but maybe...

Level 7
Thanks, I'll try that. I've also tried something different that serves gameplay as well, but not fully tested it yet. Sending the captured animal back to the computer players base upon capture.

Has anyone ever met my second issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.