• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to create directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello:cute:

I was trying to save a map, and got alot of dowloaded modells imported to save together with my map.

When saving i get the error ''unable to create directory''

Its unable to create the temp save, and the files that i imported.

But the map saves, and if i try to play it i still able to see all models.

Tho, if i give it to a friend, and we play over lan, i can see models but not him.

Im not sure if this is related to that save error, but i guess so.

Hoping for some fast answers.

B-laze

Level 9
Screenshot(s) (of the error), Links to the Model that causes the "save-error", if you don't know which import causes the problem try removing them one by one and saving. Is there a chance that your friend has the problem? Try B.net.

Any other info could be helpfull.

Level 11
And don't TRIPLE-post , for heaven's sake. You need to wait 48 hours before bumping a thread.

Level 9
To: Kercyn
Question: Whats the average time someone will answer my question.
Answer:
It depends on the degree of your question and the amount of people looking in it. Since the Hive is growing, you can expect a fast answer, HOWEVER, if such doesn't happen, wait 24 hours before bumping your topic. Bumping your topic in less than 24 hours is considered double-posting, and therefore, spam, which goes against the Rules.
Found here.

Level 1
Sorry for that, im just desperate, and i had no views in two days, wich made me ''depressed'' Everyone have felt this once, im sure ;D

VergilThazaar: Thnx for willing to help,
I will post and give info asap.

But so far, i can tell that EVERY import, was listed during the error.

A few minor details here;

*Wc3 + editor: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III

*Folder with files that i imported from: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Mapeditor stuff

*Files imported: (41 items)

*Aditional: yes, i did hook the custom path thingy inside the import editor of WC3editor, and added the following path with filename of imported model.

*Aditional: The box that popped, did say; unable to create directory, under that text, the filename of ONE imported model was listed.
This message popped 41 times, with one by one model listed when saving, so i actually have to click ''ok'' 41 times, everytime im saving.

I will post more info + screens soon, if that didnt give anyone a clue.

Kercyn: Sorry for pissing you of.

Level 9
As I mentioned before... "if you don't know which import causes the problem try removing them one by one and saving". World Editor is kinda buggy with imports, in earlier versions the World Editor would just close if I was planning on importing and it took more than 30 seconds. Don't overdo it, just import them one-by-one, if you save at first model and everything's alright, then keep going. Otherwise export them one-by-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.