1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 1st Galaxy Terraining Contest has reached an end. We've set up the poll for it. Who among these fine guys should take the cake?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The results for Techtree Contest #11 are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The long awaited results for the Mini-Texturing Contest have been released. Check it out and congratulate the winner!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dust off your mapping skills, a mini-mapping contest is coming up! Cast your vote on its theme now!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 & Legendary Terrains

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by FamousPker49, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MasterTrainer

Apr 14, 2012
    If I wasn't in Safe Mode all the time... I would start Terraining at this exact moment :(
  2. Meai

Feb 13, 2005
    Guys I didnt read the whole thread but those screens.. wow. Did any of these guys publish their maps so we can look how they did it?
  3. Gilles

Sep 6, 2006
    You can always PM the creators. Most of the guys are willing to share with you.

Do note that most of these terrains are not created to be viewed at all angles. Usually they are made to be viewed at the angle that you see. Not that it wouldn't be cool to be able to look at their maps.
  4. fladdermasken

Dec 27, 2006
    Like Gilles said, most people would share their work with the public in parts. While some pieces are kept private, to keep the magic under wrap.

I think this thread is a good place to start, along with the guidelines and tutorials in here.

If you play around for long enough in the editor, most of the basics should be clear just from looking at the screencaps.