• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This forum is empty and an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Nobody lieks art no more? :( An idea if anyone reads this and if anyone cares (frankly it's just and idea and I'm jsut bored) is to add a line for fanart created in teh profile. Currently there is one for skins, icons, models... and so on. But none for art. It might give more people to post art... But then again maybe not. But there should be more credit for people who post fan art on the site. Thanks for your time, I suppose.

And for those putting up good fan art, keep it coming. It's very good. Especially the new peices by frozen theive. :D

Level 22
I think the reson for that is that maps and art don't have anything to do with the site in the fact that it is a modding site. Anyone can open the map editor, throw down a start position and a gold mine and submit a map, anyone can put a pencil to paper, draw a stick figure and submit art, but no everyone knows how to use JASS, or to edit models, or to draw skins, or to create tools, or to program AI...all of which are direclty used in modding.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
JASS files aren't on the profiles either. And maps ARE "mods" in the sense that they "modify" regular game play. And art does take some skill, as much, if not more than skinning. Anyone can adjust the hue in a skin but not everyone can produce quality maps and good art work. Your judgement is flawed in that sense. Everything that can be uploaded on this site, takes skill otherwise it wouldn't be on this site. And as for thsoe simple "pencil drawings" and simple maps, taht's what the new moderators are for. :)

Level 22
Well, it's not a mod's job to delete low quality stuff, just stuff that's offensive or otherwise violates terms of service.

It's true that drawing good art and making good maps is anything but easy, but does someone who just draws a 5-line sketch of a WC unit have the same opportunity to post art as someone who took a month to draw a production quality piece? Does someone who just makes a blank map with a gold mine and two start positions have the same opportunity to post a map as someone who spend 6 months building a Blizzrd-quality campaign? Yes, they do.

But not everyone has modeling tools or knows how to program good, fully funtioning AI, or knows how to re-wrap skins around costom-modified models, what's why those rescources a more "prestigious."
-VGsatomi

Level 21
Theres not enough Artists on wc3sear to fill up the Art Section.
Fan Art can be easy as there is no ristrictions to what to draw, but it requires some decent skills.
Good skinners or good iconers will find creating custom Art quite easy and enjoyable :p
The Art Section on wc3sear is for Artists to draw their own art on perhaps models the site has to offer, skins even perhaps if the artist likes it or even none of the resources...
Also its just been up not for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.