1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 14th Icon Contest is still in progress (and may be extended). You can still make it in time.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice

The Oakwood Forest

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo
    To be honest, from what I've seen from skyrim I don't think it looks much like it.
    However yes I will mainly be working on it during holidays because that are basically the only times a year I can manage to work on it without fucking up other stuff like my study.

2. Flint

Flint
    hi Teuncreemers

i just made me an acc to tell how great Oakwood Forest looks and i cant wait to test it. Hope it get finished soon as possible :)

3. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Thanks alot!
    I'll keep this post updated.

4. Sephalo

Sephalo
  5. Kl3sk

Kl3sk
    Don't you die on me!

6. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Bump again.
    (Working on the map quite alot lately)

7. Gwy

Gwy
    this map is still 1 of the great promising things on hive.
    Keep up!
    (and yeah, finish sometiomes a demo, maybe befor the last days of our world... :)

8. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Currently:

A third of the classes (8 out or 24) are 100% done. The others still have (some) coding to do. As for the quests players are able to level up to level 10 with the quests right now. The terrain is 90% done, however I sometimes will have to add creatures or NPC's to certain area's.
    There are still a few bugs that will have to be fixed. I'm also working on that.
    Balancing is a thing that needs some time. I might even wait with this till the beta to get feedback from players. I'm currently thinking about nearly doubling the health pool of every creature and player in the map because some classes are able to 2 shot (with lucky crits) but I want combat to be more interesting.
    Also working on an easier way to classify debufss/buffs and damage types. Damage per example will most likely become classified in; Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Shadow, Light, Physical. Debuffs will become based on those types. Think about examples like Frozen (water), Rooted (earth), Burned (fire), Shocked (Air), Confused (Shadow), Blinded (Light), Stunned (Physical).

All in all progress is being made.
    But don't forget that I'm on my own trying to combine this hobby with my college.:)

9. Sephalo

Sephalo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z7AatbCtPg&feature=youtu.be

10. sonofjay

sonofjay
    I love the camera movements of the cut scenes.

11. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Has been 20 days since last post. So I gotta bump again to not let this forum disappear.

-BUMP-

12. sonofjay

sonofjay
    Hows the progress? I'm really waiting for this one.

13. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Currently the only important thing that has to happen before first closed beta is coding more spells for the gryphonwing hero's, creating a few more items to drop (like 100, which takes 100* 4 minutes to make) and finishing 2 more bossfights.
    Gryphonwing level 1-20 Quests are more or less done.

The aim will be to release only Gryphonwing levels 1-20 hero's but all 8 of their classes. This will become a closed beta without PvP (because everyone is the same faction) but 4 different PvE events, each of them with their own difficulties. A few area's will be unavailable to enter, but this will only affect like 10% of the map. If people want to go to a level 40 zone when their own max level is set to 20, then they're free to do that (and wipe:p). During this closed beta we will most likely finish the Bloodbane levels 1-20, so the second closed beta will have two factions. The first open beta will most likely become with all the three factions, each of them able to level to level 20.
    Eventually this game will allow players to level to 40 with 3 different factions and each faction with 8 different classes. There will be around 20-30 boss events all over the world and a huge PvP arena with various modes; capture the flag, skirmish, last man standing and some fun modes involving killing as many kobolds as you can in the given time.

14. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Bump again.:)

15. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Bump.
    (Holiday started. Working on the map more often now.)

16. sonofjay

sonofjay
    Nice to hear that, I'm excited for new updates! +rep to help you ;D

17. Sephalo

Sephalo
    Tomorrow I'll be leaving for a 10 days vacation.
    So don't expect much more updates for a while.:(

After that I'll be working on it again ofc.

18. sonofjay

sonofjay
    Have a nice trip, I'll just stay here and wait till you comeback.[​IMG]

19. mckill2009

mckill2009
    I like the video preview, but 3 yrs have passed and even the first page have not image?, well you have to do something about it :p...

20. Sephalo

Sephalo
    True...
    I don't update the first post here at all.
    I just add updates to each of the subforums. I guess people would have to look around to see things, and most people aren't really in the mood for that I guess.

If it wasn't for the temperature being so high in here, I would do it right away. But I'll update this thread with some more info. Since I'm getting close to a first version I will have to think about advertisement anyway.;-)