• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 7
You know, I probably have meant Mission 5 where you get 5 Destructors that actually cost 8 Food, not 12. Those extras made the whole stuff look imbalanced.
(Though it might have been already changed since then)

Btw, looking at Orcs, I imagined how fun their renewed faction can be. Centaurs (as light cavalry) and those airships might be enjoyable.

Level 22
You know, I probably have meant Mission 5 where you get 5 Destructors that actually cost 8 Food, not 12. Those extras made the whole stuff look imbalanced.
Destructors were changed to 12 food a long time ago.
Also yes, early destructors were indeed way too OP.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26

Btw, looking at Orcs, I imagined how fun their renewed faction can be. Centaurs (as light cavalry) and those airships might be enjoyable.
After besieging an extremely fortified city with defenders that came so close to death they decided to actually become friends with the dead and some very nasty undead as well as no hero for a while for your army. Only then to just lose it all to some high brow traitor who thinks he is tactical genius because he made you and your allies retreat into the ruined city you sieged. The destructors are an option to have fun, I can punch that guy in the face and run the gauntlet that is his base or I can get this flying ship here with its fancy missiles and just have fun and shoot the crap out of everything and then punch him in the face.

You still had to earn those destructors and then use them whatever way you want, you don't even have to use them.

Level 6
Funny why everyone are kept suggesting for "Gameplay" wise and to be hardcore melee experience. Oh boy the veterans are going to bombarded me with nerfing this and nerfing that and then someone complain etc etc

Whoops wrong report but meh you know what i mean ;)

Level 7
I would love too see winter map somehow. I mean, especially cold winter where Farms produce less food and living units gain permanent AS/MS reduction.
And the player has to fight undead that do not gain reduction. :D
Also winter is also interesting because Hydromancers in winter can have different skills. :rolleyes:
(And Inner Fire would negate AS/MS reduction then as a bonus)

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I think Shar should sign this guy up into his campaign creating crew. His thoughts about gameplay perversions are rather sophisticated.

Level 3
I would love too see winter map somehow. I mean, especially cold winter where Farms produce less food and living units gain permanent AS/MS reduction.
And the player has to fight undead that do not gain reduction. :D
Also winter is also interesting because Hydromancers in winter can have different skills. :rolleyes:
(And Inner Fire would negate AS/MS reduction then as a bonus)

As much as I like your idea, but do you have to make it hard for us??? Please start playing Legend of Arkain. It's not for typical casual Wc3 players. In most of the campaign , odds are already against the player. Please provide suggestion only after start playing. :angry::angry:

I really like the way you think. But please don't focus all of your energy on how to make things impossible. There are other campaigns which can use some challenges, not LOA.

Last edited:
Level 3
I am not taking suggestions from people who have not even played Arkain into consideration at all.

Progress Report:
Chapter Ten will be released today.
It is about to enter its testing phase and @Kasrkin will soon be the first to experience it to its full extend.

*dance* *dance*

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

"Today" is way too optimistic. I dont believe it. 23:59 I assume it'd be :p On a serious note, great news and sort of a christmas gift for us.

Level 22
Progress Report:
It is about to enter its testing phase and @Kasrkin will soon be the first to experience it to its full extend.
Great news. Although my final decision for the ally will be Ironfist, i will definetely also want to see what happens if we chose golden guard.

"Today" is way too optimistic. I dont believe it. 23:59 I assume it'd be :p On a serious note, great news and sort of a christmas gift for us.
If the chapter doesn't have any serious issues, then Kasrkin can complete it in a few hours on hard. So it's a realistic release date.

Level 9
Now that is great news!
Play hard, Kasrkin
Also, in chapter 6; to me, what is painful is the farms that keep spawning militias, they are a pain in the neck.
Looking forward for the new chapter

I am not taking suggestions from people who have not even played Arkain into consideration at all.

Progress Report:
@Kasrkin give us a shout if you make it alive with everything in one piece :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
There you go, Chapter Ten along with some other stuff!
Watch your back, for you are entering the deeps below.

Chapter Five:
- Replaced Hydromancer and Chaplain with the new Ironfist unit Banisher
- Replaced War Golem with the new Ironfist unit Darksteel Golem

Chapter Six:

Chapter Seven:

Chapter Nine:
- New unit: Paladin
- Fixed Lieutenant's tooltip
- Several grammar fixes
- Several AI fixes
- Fixed Praxeus' Barrier ability hotkey
- Made stone walls invulnerable

Chapter Ten:
- Released

Enjoy and have some nice holidays!

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Chapter Five:

Chapter Six:

Chapter Seven:

Chapter Nine:
- Several grammar fixes
- Several AI fixes

Chapter Ten:
- Released

You too, chief. Will try to pass it tonight and write some feedback

Level 29

Chapter Five:

Chapter Six:

Chapter Seven:

Chapter Nine:
- Several grammar fixes
- Several AI fixes

Chapter Ten:
- Released

Good to know!

I pressed Esc to pass the cinematic and somehow I ended up with the Golden Guard.

Level 29
Don't skip it. ;)

I replayed it.

I see you didn't put the entire cinematic on that little spoiler you putted earlier...

The miners standing near to the goldmine are just standing there and not gathering gold.

Did you really name them the Golden Tunnels? Why not the Mythril Tunnels?

Last edited:
Level 29

I already edited it.

Progaderas must have teleportation. He was at the final battle of the first book, then somehow was inside a room in the mages' base and now leads an assault on the dwarves.:)

It would be funny if he could turn into a Balrog-like creature in his fight against the dwarves...

Level 5
Jesus Shar, what is this tormenting map....

Guess i'll tell my family i got pain and suffering as my Christmas presents.

Level 3
@Shar Dundred ,

I just casually checked the map and few thing I noticed.
1. Animal war traning is not available for bear riders
2. We have same units in chapter 4 .

Few requests:

1. please add 6 strength to dwarvan crown.
2. Can we get bloodfists ? those are awesome.
3. Please keep hydromancers.
4. Please replace overseers with elites. I want to play with elites.

Things I loved:
new golems are dope.
New spell caster is great.
Paladins are best. ( I am really happy with effectiveness, cost ratio).

I will let you know more later. I will play it tomorrow.

And thank you for chapter 10. You are best :)

Level 22
Can we get bloodfists ? those are awesome.
We won't get them. They are elite versions of elites and would be way too OP.

Please keep hydromancers.
Won't happen. You can still train them in every chapter untill 5 though.

Please replace overseers with elites. I want to play with elites.
In every chapter we get overseers we also get to train elites

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Jesus Shar, what is this tormenting map....

Guess i'll tell my family i got pain and suffering as my Christmas presents.
Have a nice time! :)

1. Animal war traning is not available for bear riders
Already researched.

1. please add 6 strength to dwarvan crown.
2. Can we get bloodfists ? those are awesome.
3. Please keep hydromancers.
4. Please replace overseers with elites. I want to play with elites.
Nay.

I will let you know more later. I will play it tomorrow.

And thank you for chapter 10. You are best :)
Enjoy!

Level 29
Is it just me or is there really no choice and everyone autoallies with golden guard?

I know, right?

Shar added some parts to the cinematic that he gave us as spoiler! We ended up allying with the Golden Guard without a choice!

Level 22
Played it. And oh boy impale me on a pike and sacrifice me for a blood shield.

I'm sort of disappointed how we didn't get a choice to pick our ally. I think the dwarves really screwed up. The didn't learn the sacred 3 rules of Arkain war
1. Never EVER put yourself in a 5 vs 2 situation. Even 6 vs 2 since Gardon has the black dragons. They did just that
2. Always be on the same side with the guy who has war aura as his ult
3. Never ally with the people that caused the civil war in the first place.
They never learn.
Also you shouldn't never underestimate your enemy and appearances can be deceiving, but Kobold and Rats. They were strong, but them being ancient enemies of the dwarves was kind of underwhelming. I guess we can expect a spin-off campaign in the future about their rivalry?
Also final thing i didn't like was that Progaderas didn't drop an item. We will do without one, but it would have been nice.
Anyway chapter was good. I will look forward to seizing that cannon and killing those midgets in chapter 11. Also killing van Durce too.

Level 29
I'm sort of disappointed how we didn't get a choice to pick our ally. I think the dwarves really screwed up. The didn't learn the sacred 3 rules of Arkain war

Guess that the dwarves were really...short-sighted.:)

Also you shouldn't never underestimate your enemy and appearances can be deceiving, but Kobold and Rats. They were strong, but them being ancient enemies of the dwarves was kind of underwhelming. I guess we can expect a spin-off campaign in the future about their rivalry?

Maybe what these creatures lack in technology and strenghth, they compensate in numbers and birth rates?

Anyway chapter was good. I will look forward to seizing that cannon and killing those midgets in chapter 11. Also killing van Durce too.

A pity... One of the few competent rulers chose the wrong allies and will be killed.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Alright. Time for a report. My main issue with this mission was about skillsets. Like Braelon has that barrier or whatever spell, right? And Zarin's fellow mage-hero has that spell too. And runepriests possess barkskin, which is basically just a singletarget barrier. And both runepriests and that hero got healing rune. I mean there is a logic behind high runepriest possessing same spells as minor ones, but gameplay wise all of that stuff doest not stack, which kinda renders runepriests... I dont want to say useless,coz they are not, but maybe less effecient. The barrier thing tho is frustrating. That is the only thing that caught my attention. Also was pretty obvious dwarves would choose golden guard over IronFist. No bugs so far. Looking forward to replay other chapters.