• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 2
I think that exchange system causes people to give each better rattings so they get better one in return. People should get some sort of points for reviewing that they can exchange for reviews. Also if I review some of the moderator maps will I get approval/disapproval faster?

@Traktor
In a way I would agree. Though to be plain honest, it's quite difficult getting reviews nowadays, especially if your map not one of those hits in term of design.
A map can get approval/disapproval faster if there are lots of user reviewing them. This way moderator would consider them before doing his review.

Level 26
The author of a map that have not yet been approved can not exchange reviews with me or any of the map reviewers. They will be approved or not anyway.

Also, about the points for review is a good idea, and that was actually the original idea for this project. Here is the first thread: Review Exchange! -The Rotation Version-
The problem is just that it would mean that someone would have to adjust the points and oversee every single review of the project in order to deal points correctly. It requires a lot more maintainance than this.
Also, the important thing is not the rating, but rather the feedback you get, because that contain the things you can actually improve on.

A method to avoid forced ratings can be to avoid rating the resource at all.
I try to rate maps anyway after my best ability.

EDIT:
A map can get approval/disapproval faster if there are lots of user reviewing them.
This is very true.
This is actually a super useful tool for me who have to go through maps.
If I see a review from a user that evidently have put some effort into their review, I can mark their post as a review for the map, approving it or not based on that users post.

Level 8
Like this?

Attachments

• Title.jpg
    Title.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

League of Kalimdor 1.01b

League of Kalimdor (LoK)

An absorbing AoS/MOBA that offers the player a unique experience with outstanding atmosphere and intense action. There are more than 100 cool heroes to try out, items a lot, awesome features like the covering mantas on the lanes which are able to hide your hero once it walked upon that field, allowing it to avoid more damage or even able to save its life, neutral creeps that award the killers with a beneficial buff for the next 30 seconds and many more. To all of that, the fast paced action in the game blends perfectly with those mentioned before.

To be played online you must have the latest patch 1.27b, but you can also try it on single player since LoK has AI controlled heroes. Recommended number of players for a good match is 3vs3, 4vs4 and full house 5vs5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Battle for elven forest

Story:
After three years, after first war orcs send colonists to scout what's located around ruins of Stormwind. Those colonists found forest where they found new and old enemies, humans send help to elves. Orcish colonists pushed back, now last battle in this colonial war began...

Map info:
Map are altered melee with great edit of human and orc races.
In new update that already is out, added music *mostly* remasters from Warcraft 1 and 2.

Things that you like:
Map have terrain, music, custom units, descriptions and hotkeys.

Things that you may dislike:
Bug with music, and icons, but i will fix them.
And no micro updates only great updates that will change all or most in map.

Attachments

• BTTL_100x100.png
    BTTL_100x100.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Level 22
I'm not sure, but one great man tell me to try ;)

Here it is:
Naxxramas [2.3] - "Heroic Difficulty"

Its an altered melee for 5 players. The player in the center of the map represents Naxxramas. He must defent himself from asault of other players. Under his control are 4 Obelisks of Corruption, that dives such advantages:

• Reduce max HP of all enemy players by 30%
• Summon Skeleton Servants every time when enemy unit dies.

Thanks to that Naxxramas player can summon huge army of undeads, upgrade tham and send they on the attackers. Defend your Obelisks of Corruption to save this advantages.

Attackers should play carefully to minimize their loss, as each dead unit become part of Naxxramas Army. Destroy all Obelisks to make Naxxramas weak and than just rush him.

With coming of new pach "Heroic Difficulty" it become more interesting to play with AI. I recomend to play as Naxxramas Defender.

So thank you for atention. More information about map you can find in map description.

Level 22
Hour of Twilight [1.4]: Altered Melee map for 2 players (1x1) in which you can play for the Old Gods who swallowed the world and plunged it into darkness. Each player gets a randomly created set of units of standard races, affected by corruption of the Old Gods. The unique idea, a really strong atmosphere and randomness make the map interesting and allow you to play it again and again.

Level 11
Warcraft: Medieval Strategy Overhaul

I'm releasing the alpha this weekend.

This project is an overhaul of Warcraft for the best experience in Medieval Real Time Strategy. It combines aspects of Warcraft 3, Stronghold and Age of Empires II plus adds many new things - camera zoom system, new combat mechanics, upgrade system for all units and buildings, custom pathing for custom buildings, castle system with build-able walk-able walls & rotatable buildings, realistic environments that affect unit stats depending on the terrain + more rivers & bigger maps with miles between players and plenty of room for building cities and castles, updated hero system, custom resources, farming system, and a crafting system for food and gear.

Some of these features have yet to be implemented into my Alpha Map that will soon be ready for testing. I don't know how to make them work even though they appear in other Hive systems (many authors are M.I.A. or don't answer my questions) because I lack triggering experience and some of them are quite complex. (Example, rotatable buildings and buildable walkable walls are in @MassiveMaster 's Castle Defense map.) As this project progresses hopefully someone can help or teach me.

Level 11
This project is an overhaul of Warcraft for the best experience in Medieval Real Time Strategy. It combines aspects of Warcraft 3, Stronghold and Age of Empires II plus adds many new things - camera zoom system, new combat mechanics, upgrade system for all units and buildings, custom pathing for custom buildings, castle system with build-able walk-able walls & rotatable buildings, realistic environments that affect unit stats depending on the terrain + more rivers & bigger maps with miles between players and plenty of room for building cities and castles, updated hero system, custom resources, farming system, and a crafting system for food and gear. Still a work in progress...

Level 11
ˊ ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'F'¯'''''L ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'[``…'¾`` ``` ``` ``` ```
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'[```…ʹ[` ` ` ` ``` ``` ```
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `#````ˆ[```` ``` ``` ``` ``
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'#``…``'[`… ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` #…`````'F`` ` ` ` `` ``` ```
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ƒ¯```````'[__` ` ` ` ` ` ` ``` ``
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ƒ¯````````ʹ¯¯¯¯''''''''''''¯¯¯¯¯¯™[ `
gµµµµµµµµµµµµµµ_µ™`````````````````````````'# `
'₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫F¯…`````````````````````` ` ²q[¯ ` `
ʹ₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫¾````````````````````````````ʹ} … `
›₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫#`````````````````````````__µr… ` `
³₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫…`````````````````````````¯[ … ` `
`₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫$``````````````````````````_F … ` `
`]₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫#````````````````````````ʹ''''[… … ` `
`'₫₫₫₫₫₫₫F''''']₫#___`````````````````````` '# … ` `
…₫₫₫₫₫₫₫bµ₫₫₫₫$¯''''¹uuuuuɷuɷuɷuɷuɷuɷµ#¯ ` ` ` ` `
…'''''''™''''™'''™''''™™ … … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … … ` ` `
` … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … ` … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … ` ` ` ` `.