• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Custom AI problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, Nick here. I have a confusing problem (well atleast for me).
I made 3 custom races, all almost fully developed. About 95% complete.

Problem comes when I test the AI for them. You see 50% of the time the game crashes when i play warcraft 3 against my custom races, with this Warcraft application error.

"The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in application at location
0x6f30b578."

I confirmed that the problem is related to my custom AI, but sometimes it bloody works no problem.
1v1 it usually works, whilst on 4 player map FFA, it crashes after few minutes.

Could it be that I just put too much build prioroties in the custom AI, since the food cap in general is 100. But I wanted that 90% of custom units take only one food, so AI needs to build quite sizable army.
Compared to vanilla Warcraft, in my mod the AI needs to build more buildings and units than in Warcraft 3.
Id say two times more buildings and units altogehter.

Or could it be that thers an attack wave problem, or Hero problem. (Since the game never crashes immediately, only after few minutes. Right about time when AI's attack wave is to begin.)

This is how I lost will to mod and gave up last time. This time I wont go down so easily. So any help or guidence is appreciated guys. Please help. :D

Level 2

I am a bad programmer or scripter...actually when it comes to that I have 0 knowledge.
The way I use Custom AI is over AI editor in WE.

Then I just run AI trigger AI -> Run Campaign AI script for (player) (Imported AI).
By the the link you gave I have no clue how should I use those custom scripts to clear the memory usage.

Shoul I just give up on AI editor, and make custom AI through triggering\Scripting and then use those custom scripts to clear memory?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Sorry I don't know anything about GUI.

Level 12
Also, I find it a bit hard to believe that custom ai causes a crash four minutes into the game. When the ai is broken it will either crash the map when loading (which really shouldn't happen if you are using the ai editor) or it just doesn't do what it should.

Also, the ai is an external piece of code which has a less leaks, because it works almost entirely with numbers representing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.