• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #25 - Dark Elves/Drow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
@Mr.Goblin Great, Traggey is already making a new texture for the Druid of the Talon. So it's nice to see you're going with a diffrent model. And I must say, that the face (even in it's current state) is one of the best faces I've seen on the Eredar/Archimonde model. I like where you're going with it :)

@Traggey nice eye-candy there. Great use of the beard wrap. Keep it up!

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Pretty close to final, might do a few adjustments later (plus add the missing bits of the Sentinel texture which is used for various projectiles).

Also, grats Mr.Goblin on having your artwork (among others) featured by Blizz today!

Attachments

• Outrider_WIP4.jpg
    Outrider_WIP4.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Huntress_temp.jpg
    Huntress_temp.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 204
@Mr.Goblin Great, Traggey is already making a new texture for the Druid of the Talon. So it's nice to see you're going with a diffrent model. And I must say, that the face (even in it's current state) is one of the best faces I've seen on the Eredar/Archimonde model. I like where you're going with it :)

WELL jeez thanks!

here's a new WIP... I lost at least 4 hours tying to make an interresting design for the top of his head, but with no real luck, the warping is just horrible... had to go for something simple... but ya know, I'll catch up with the details for the chest area and the robe :D

Attachments

• ss0003.JPG
    ss0003.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 263
  • ss0004.JPG
    ss0004.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 257
so, drow or dark elf, is a vicious evil dark skinned recolored of night elf version with much more spider theme?

i have a plan for it. WIP

Doesn't even need to be dark skinned and and spider themed. For example warhammer fantasy dark elves have pale skin and are more reptile oriented (snakes, lizards, hydras, dragons, ... )

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Looks interesting, feeling like joining but I have no idea what is drow, all the contestant's entry confused me even more, so I will just just sit here and watch
Wikipedia is your friend, fam. ;P

Basically a dark/shadow elf; supposed to live underground & worships spiders & stuff. Think Drizzt Do'Urden (or the Shadow Elves from Heart of Storms mod)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

free today. started working on the hair and the hood~

Attachments

• WIP 2.jpg
    WIP 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 155
full

Eeeeeeh, there it is... Archimond texture is a nightmare to work with, glad it's over. Good luck everyone! :D

Drow Hero = ressources link

edit = finished the mouth (because I forgot to texture it) + made the texture a tad brighter.

Attachments

• ingame_screenshot.jpg
    ingame_screenshot.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 184
  • ssff.JPG
    ssff.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Kiljaeden.png
    Kiljaeden.png
    771.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Deleted member 238226