• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Testers wanted for the model viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I want to run a small test, to see how WebGL works on different computers, because I am getting weird inconsistencies.

The test is simple - it tries to draw more and more objects, until the FPS drops to about 55. It isn't exact, but it should become stable at some point.

Your job is to write how many draw calls you managed to achieve, the browser (preferably an updated Chrome, nothing beats V8), and your graphics card's model (preferably with updated drivers!).

The test is here.

Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The test is not working on Microsoft edge at all, just shows a black rectangle in the window.
SCRIPT5008: Invalid left-hand side in assignment
viewer.js (121,17)
Only error. I understand you would prefer Chrome but I thought I would try to post Edge results for comparison.

Could be due to my GPU drivers being a bit old. I will try to update them.

EDIT:
Even with updated drivers still just a black rectangle.

Last edited:
Level 29
Internet Explorer is not going to be supported anymore (ES6). Get on with the times. Spartan might support enough ES6 features, I am not sure.

Not only that, but I also plan to use features that are only somewhat supported also in current browsers (mostly shared memory), but those will have fallbacks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Internet Explorer is not going to be supported anymore (ES6). Get on with the times. Spartan might support enough ES6 features, I am not sure.
I was using Spartan (Microsoft Edge).

Apparently there are some issues with the HTML5 conformance of Edge, scoring only 453/555 on the tests. Apparently the developer build scheduled for release in July is upping it to at least 479/555. Google chrome is a lot more conformant (526/555).

However that score is kind of meaningless by itself as it is unlikely you use many of the unsupported features (such as voice recognition lol). Here is a detailed comparison of the features currently supported.

Edge ES6 support is also kind of dicy although that is also something improving vastly in July.

Level 29
Well, these results are about as arbitrary as I expected, seeing my own...

Can you people run also the old map version,, and see how fast it runs?
It doesn't have a built-in FPS meter, but you can both see if the animation runs smoothly, or if under Chrome (and probably other browsers have similar settings) you can open the console with F12, press on the three dots on the right-top corner of it, then More tools -> Rendering settings -> Show FPS meter.

My results:
zodmh0.png

Google Chrome, AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.

Level 21
Your job is to write how many draw calls you managed to achieve, the browser (preferably an updated Chrome, nothing beats V8), and your graphics card's model (preferably with updated drivers!).
About 3300 with a R7 360 MSI OC 2GB edition on chrome,both my drivers and chrome are updated to the latest version.I was running a game in the background,not sure if that effected it

Edit:eek:h sry,didn't see the second page

Status
Not open for further replies.