1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Techtree Contest #6 ~ No Imports!

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pharaoh_, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ender

Ender
    oops, forgot to remove that i was using that becuase i use order id's as opposed to strings for issuing orders.

@clockwork2 yes i am a fan of starcraft 1

@wazz, a little over the top? what do you mean by that? too OP, too confusing, what?

i completely agree with you on the problem of buildings stacking, but i haven't thought of an easy way to do that

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Submission Name: Blood Elf Alliance
    Author: Astaroth Zion

Additional Comments:Main mechanics:
    -Experience, some units and buildings earn experience in fights, and also little amounts of experience over time when a Trainer is nearby. Upon getting enough experience a unit is level up, upgrading its characteristics, and even unlocking new ones.

-City Buildings, all buildings spawn every certain time Houses and Basic Towers around them while they are under the cap of these units. This is the only way to increase the food you produce (and by upgrading houses), and also the only way to get defensive towers.

Highlights:
    -The ability "Target System" from the Steam Tank hero, and from a couple of high levels abilities will cause that most of your units and buildings use an extra attack to damage that unit for the duration of the buff. (You got a purple time counter over the unit to see that). Casted in your base will literally make arrows and magic rain over the target.

-Steam Tank": his ultimate grants him a auto missile attack against any enemy in sights also it allows him to change to a only anti-air unit. Modifying its factory ability to spawn planes instead of clockwerk goblins.

-Blood Knight: from level 1 he has the ability to change his whole set of abilities from a Aggressive Hero to a more defensive one. Any point spent in one spec will turn into its counterpart ability. (NO Ability POINTS RE-GAINED)

Download Link (No-pastebin/No-external sites):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  3. Ender

Ender
    one word for your race Astaroth Zion, awesome!

In depth opinion: i like the main castle, i was disappointed when none of the other buildings had walls,
    i don't like how workers can be trained to militia, it gets really annoying.
    the race can be OP, especially when resources begin running low, build a lot of peasants and then train them to become swordsmen, you can go over the food limit and they only cost 65 gold.

4. RiotZ

RiotZ
    This theme is nightmarish.

5. boomwolf

boomwolf
    Is it just me missing something, or did the contest end over a week ago and shitloads of submissions are disqualified for being posted too late?

6. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Icon Reviewer

7. Ender

Ender
    its just you

8. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_
    The contest has ended. From now on, further submissions or edited submissions will be disqualified. The poll will be opened soon. Free time to give feedback to each other ;]

9. Wazzz

Wazzz
  10. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion
    I´m glad that you liked my work. I will be returning the favor ASAP and making a good review of your race.

Over the peasants issue, just around 40% of the peasants trained are upgraded into militia the rest are upgraded into a better tier of peasants (the elf ones)
    In the 2.0 version of my race I added a system that exponentially reduced the chance to train a peasant that will turn into a militia, at most you would get train 11 of them over 40 peasant trained, then the change of getting a peasant that can be upgraded into a militia is 1% or less. HOPE that this new triggers can help reduce the over power upgrade line.

What do you think about the small building system? I didn`t have time to set the small building locations for every mayor building, so they just pop out in semi random places around the main building.(just maintaining the same distance from the center of the main building and a set angle between them)
    I originally planed to add a wall system to all buildings that makes them untargetable by melee units until they destroyed the door or a section of the wall. (Walls and doors will be reappearing over time just like houses and small towers.)

If someone else is willing to tell me her/his opinion about my systems they are most than welcome. :wink:

11. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000
    Interesting... but the no WIPs thing for a contest is kindof a bummer.

12. Ender

Ender
    i don't know what you are talking about, all entries have wips....

13. Wazzz

Wazzz
    it's the rule that you're not allowed to submit wips as your final entry

14. Ender

Ender
    no the rule is you have to have one wip that isn't your final entry : )

@Mr.Pockets00000 if you search long enough you will find them in the thread

15. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Icon Reviewer

Wazzz Ender is technically right. Since we can't really determine what is and what isn't a WIP (eg. someone may submit a map which everyone thinks is a WIP, but maybe the dude is just really bad at making maps), the rule is just that the map must be playable and bug free to an extent.

16. DSanhueza

DSanhueza
    So we already reached the deadline, I was wondering if yall are done with the contest or u gonna extend it? cuz if u do then i might aswell join.

17. Wazzz

Wazzz
    i'm saying that's the rule he's referring to

18. Ender

Ender
    sorry, i didn't understand your phrasing

I don't mean to sound like the whining impatient person that I am... but when is the poll going to be set up? the judges chosen and their verdict given?

19. Wraithling

Wraithling
    @DSanhueza: I believe it has just ended ;) Feel free to give a critical feedback of the submissions in the meantime if you wish during the polling period.

20. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_
    No, Ender, first comes the poll then the judges' reviews. Plase, be patient :p