• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survey: Which qualities do you mostly look for in a map/campaign?

Which Qualities (up to two) in a Warcraft III map/campaign do you prioritize the most?

• Popularity?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post it here)?

• Update Frequency?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I am conducting a survey here. What do you normally look for while browsing for maps or campaigns to play/window-shopping?

Is it how much fun and joy it brings? Or a beautiful presentation with flashy pictures? Perhaps are you mostly going for the story/lore? Is it something else? Or just because it's popular?

Any answer would be appreciated, thanks :)

Level 21
I look for creativity and originality
I would rather play some completely different and unique than a map/campaign that's more or less the same as others

Level 15
I dont care about the originality and presentation. I usually jump to the map, and play for a couple second. If its interesting, i'll continue it. So it might be good to put some boom intro, or having some promo/trailer thingy thats good. For me, story is the most important. Although the gameplay might be linear and boring, i would still play it, trying to finish it as fast as i can to complete the story. Except if i need to grinding a lot, fighting same enemy all the time, i'll stop playing. For the gameplay, i like something challenging but still playable. Update is totally not unnecessary if the map is already completed.

I dont care about the originality and presentation. I usually jump to the map, and play for a couple second. If its interesting, i'll continue it. So it might be good to put some boom intro, or having some promo/trailer thingy thats good. For me, story is the most important. Although the gameplay might be linear and boring, i would still play it, trying to finish it as fast as i can to complete the story. Except if i need to grinding a lot, fighting same enemy all the time, i'll stop playing. For the gameplay, i like something challenging but still playable. Update is totally not unnecessary if the map is already completed.
+1

That's also what I think, we have a lot in common!

In my perspective, I prefer to have some fun maps with decent story. Whenever I try to make a campaign (which of course, fails a lot), I try to ensure these 2 things existent in the campaign.

For me, plot is like a guidance point to know WHY this and that happens. And in a campaign, I don't like getting lost in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for your response, @Daffa the Mage! :)

To me, both fun and guidance is also what makes a game/campaign interesting. I think I should look at GTA San Andreas and see how they did it. I think they included a lot of fun ideas, but centered and shaped the plot to include/explain the fun stuffs. Also, next thing is dedication. I will sometimes feel lazy and unmotivated. But hey, if you don't do anything, how will it succeed in the first place?

Anyways, thanks for your feedback. Will try my best

Level 15
For me, the fun and the story matters the most. :) The campaign should be entertaining, and be replayable. I really like playing campaigns.

Originality does not matter very much, it should have interesting and not repeatitive quests. I played some campaings in which you could play with the classis RoC human campaign level, but, since the story is modified, it was good.

Aestetitcs are a bit importart, e.g. it should have a decent and not empty terrain, good cinematics. The imported material is not always necessary. If the story is cool, standard materials are also good.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

How much fun can I have over multiple sessions. Which X's out SP maps in my books.

Then if the map has a steep learning curve. Before that it has to appeal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.